Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » the word fetish? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the word fetish?
doitny
Loyal Member
Member # 14061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doitny   Email doitny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i light of all the bad press and after reading some of the posts of this site of women see men with a foot fetish as weird i have came up with a thought.i think we should come up with a new name for ourselfs. maybe call us foot men or something. or tell women i like womens feet, instead of i have a foot fetish. i think the word fetish makes people think of those people who have a ball straped to there mouth with a dildo up there ass in a maids uniform. tied up getting whipped from a leather clad women in thigh high boots tieing his dick up in knots with some rope. some guy being pissed and shit on...you get what i mean. now i think some normal people ( we ARE normal, but you know what i mean ) think guys into those fetishes are a sick bunches of weirdos. and since we have the word fetish at the end of what we like i think a lot of people view us the same way because of the word fetish. i mean how can you compare rubbing, kissing, licking, trampling. smelling, and sucking on some feet and toes to some guy getting pissed on dressed like a girl with a dildo up his ass (which IMO makes you gay )( and getting pissed on IMO makes you sick and discusting )to guys like us. i think its all in that word fetish. i think that word will never leave us, but we can all change the way we tell women about our love for there feet.did you guys think the public thinks of us like that because of the word fetish? i guess it does'nt matter what they call us, as long as assholes are grabbing feet on the subway and cuming in womens shoes we are all going to be looked at as sick people. also i think the word fetish makes us look like thats all we want is her feet, and we don't want to pleasure her like the tits and ass men. P.S i just saw a preview on HBO of X-MEN 3 rebbeca romijean kills a guard by snapping his neck with her feet, then grabs the keys with her feet and uses her feet to unlock her arms that are in chains. in slow motion you get a nice sole shot...but of blue feet. i hate when she's in that costume.
Posts: 64 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romona Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 14511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romona Rockwell   Author's Homepage   Email Romona Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fetish is a very midunderstood word.

When people think Fetish, people think Dirty.

The best way to put it I think is, I am an admirer of the female foot.

Or as Dita Von Teese once said to me, Marilyn is fond of a well turned ankle. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footexhibit
All Pro Poster
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footexhibit   Author's Homepage   Email footexhibit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea shes right. when people hear the word fetish they think freak or weirdo. yet most of the time if we tell a woman we like legs or breasts or asses they dont say we have a fetish for that.but if you say feet all of a sudden its a fetish. i believe its because its not too common to most of them, so they think of it as an odd turnon. like i said in the dateline post we will never win. i know i should have hope, and a better attitude about it, but there will always will be ignorant people that will categorize us in a wrong way.

--------------------
A Footographer (since 2001)

https://allmylinks.com/footexhibit
https://allmylinks.com/fetishexhibit

Posts: 630 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Romona Rockwell:
The best way to put it I think is, I am an admirer of the female foot.

Indeed a great way to put it, because fetish has so many negative connotations.

We debate the term fetish here from time to time, and I always bring up the fact that, by their own admission, when measured against the definition of fetish, most members here have a foot partialism, and not a true fetish (meaning you have to have feet to get aroused or get off). That being the case, it makes it easy for many not
to use the word and not feel bad about it. But because most of us aren't afraid to use it, and it's such a widely accepted term amonsgt us- we do.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romona Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 14511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romona Rockwell   Author's Homepage   Email Romona Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afterall the word Fetish itself stems from I beileve the Aztecs or Inkas, A fetish being somthing they worshipped.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mywifesfeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mywifesfeet   Email mywifesfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell others that I am a "foot guy".

When my wife refers to me, she says that I am a "foot guy".

I have personally never had a negative comment about it.

I think it is all about the attitude of the person with the fetish.

Confidence speaks volumes.

--------------------
"Foot fetish is not a choice... It's a lifestyle!"

-Quote from my phenomenal wife-

<--- My wife's feet! Size 7 U.S.
We always welcome PM's.

Posts: 1823 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FTPHANTOM
Hall Of Famer
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FTPHANTOM   Email FTPHANTOM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what your saying Doitny,a few years ago I came up with 2 name's for our people to go by,and the name's are pretty cool to,I use 1 of them,I just never brought it up,I too HATE the word's FOOT FETISH,I'm very open about it and have faced alot of negativity about liking female feet,and yeah when people hear the word fetish their like [Eek!] OMG!!
I even have symbol's to where we can identify each other in public,and the nonfoot people wouldn't have a clue.
any way's (drum roll) lol
I consider my self and all of us to be PedisVampire's,now I put alot of thought into the name along with the 2nd 1.Most people see that and think I'm a blood sucker type of vampire,then I break it down on em and they either [Laugh] or feel [Puke] then I laugh back [Evil Grin] the reason I made that name,is because when you think about us and vampire's,they have the hunger for blood,just as much as we have the hunger for seeing,smelling,touching,licking sole's,sucking toe's, of pretty feet. And ugly feet are like a crucifix to us. then the other name's which make alot of sence are: ImperialLord's and ImperialGoddesse's.And there's a definition for this name as well,Imperial's natuarally are turned on by pretty feet,which is highly common in men,and there are women out there that can get off just by having their toe's sucked,those are considered to be the imperialgoddesse's,I'm still working on a name for the footgodesse's,well may be just Goddess for the women that know they have pretty feet,and really enjoy foot massage's and having their feet licked and toe's sucked.What do you all think? [Cool]

--------------------
Massage is the key to getting your hands on those feet.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FTPHANTOM
Hall Of Famer
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FTPHANTOM   Email FTPHANTOM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Romona Rockwell:
Afterall the word Fetish itself stems from I beileve the Aztecs or Inkas, A fetish being somthing they worshipped.

Thats very true,and also some thing holding magic power's,pretty feet have magic power's,when they can change a plain jane into a Goddess with in the blink of an eye [Joint]

--------------------
Massage is the key to getting your hands on those feet.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romona Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 14511

Hehe, its cute thought though [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen similar topics to this one brought up before. Some people like to use the term "partialism" instead of "fetish". Sure, I'm definitely partial to feet, but I just prefer using the term fetish and let people think what they're going to think.

Changing the word isn't going to change a person's perception on what they think of the subject. It may distract them for a second until they find out what you really mean.

I prefer to present to people that I'm a mostly normal person who happens to have and enjoy a foot fetish, and that we don't turn into slobbering uncontrolable freaks at the sight of feet like a werewolf at the sight of the moon.

Ooops...how did I get up here again...
(**stepping off of my soapbox**)

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvfootluv
Board Regular
Member # 12906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvfootluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fetish is a mis-used word. A fetish is a sexual attraction to a non living object i.e shoes. A partialism is an attraction to a part of the body in this case, an attraction to feet. However, foot fetish has basically been used and is an instant recognition for an attraction to feet.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s8r
Loyal Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s8r   Email s8r       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a long trajectory of study concerning fetishes that make such an interesting field of study. Beginning with "feticos" (the original Portugeuse-coined term from the 15th century) European observers noticed certain African peoples clutching talismans, which were likened to religious icons or paraphernalia - Tribal fetishes, in other words. But this was not reverence or worship in the European sense, so much as a people using objects and representation to manipulate their own courses of event and environments. In other words the object in this non-European view is in service to the person and not the other way around.
By the time Engels and Marx had coined “Commodity Fetishism” in the 19th century the association was one of technologically developed or “civilized” nations having produced so many objects and comforts that it created unhealthy desires or longings for physical things, material things. When something becomes a commodity than the meaning begins to slip away as the symbol comes to prominence.
Then comes Charcot in France and Krafft-Ebing in Vienna who begin to document sexual fetishes a generation ahead of Freud. Though criticized by some for pathologizing alternate sexual expression these two have produced highly unprecedented case studies and research of many fetishes, particularly foot fetish and odor fetish. Many of Freud’s writings are not direct observation, per se, so much as conjecture and addenda based Krafft-Ebing’s work. I bring these moldy observations up for contrast. It gets much more interesting when cross-cultural Chinese perspectives get involved and performative gender theory…trust me...I frequently guest lecture for human sexuality courses in psychology and the humanities. I've actually made an academic career on researching and presenting on that very topic to several appreciative audiences

Posts: 91 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DennisIsEvil
All Pro Poster
Member # 11755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisIsEvil   Email DennisIsEvil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered why do people say somebody has a foot fetish? I mean if a guy likes boobs we don't say he has a boob fetish. Guys who like legs are called legmen. But why the word fetish? I have no problem with it but I wonder why can't attraction for other body parts be called fetishes.

Plus if I understand my years of college class level psychology correctly fetishes apply to inanimate objects like maybe shoes,catcher's mitts, a sandwich, or whatever floats your boat. So maybe fetish is the correct word there. As for feet since the foot is part of the girl you're not worshipping or performing sexual acts on just her foot you're doing it on her.

Now a guy beating off on shoes yeah fetish could describe as he is performing sexual acts on the shoe and there may or may not be a woman present and I'm pretty sure shoes still count as inanimate objects even if they were made from leather or other materials from once living things like animals or if you're Ed Gein, people.

--------------------
A warzone is no place to eat tacos.

Posts: 520 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DennisIsEvil:
I always wondered why do people say somebody has a foot fetish? I mean if a guy likes boobs we don't say he has a boob fetish. Guys who like legs are called legmen. But why the word fetish?

Excellent point. I believe it's just simply because such a small minority of people are attracted to feet, therefore it's deemed by society as counter-culture, different, unusual, or abnormal. The last time I looked at a college psychology textbook (a year ago), fetish behavior is still labeled and described as "abnormal."

quote:
Plus if I understand my years of college class level psychology correctly fetishes apply to inanimate objects.
Actually one of the definitions of fetish is: "an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression."
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walternp
Board Regular
Member # 9072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walternp   Email walternp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you could also use words like libidinal, obsession, passion, desire, eccentric, but other than that, don't let their loss our problem, it's just human nature to highlight unwanted attention
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links