Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Flip flops: the fad of the naughties?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flip flops: the fad of the naughties?
shyguyuk
Major Player
Member # 2742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shyguyuk   Email shyguyuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed a lot of talk about flip flops, on celebrities and people we have seen. I have noticed them so much recently. I am not as old as some of you guys, but I feel that flip flops are so common among girls and even a lot of guys! It is the predominant form of feet-showing shoes around. I have an inkling that it is a fashion thing, that this is part of the naughties (00's) style and maybe in 10 or 20 years it will be retro. What do you guys think?
Posts: 115 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ummmmm
Elite Trooper
Member # 15145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ummmmm   Email Ummmmm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so, Flip-flops have been around since I can remember (80's).

--------------------
My excitement grows
When she wiggles her toes
Presses her foot to my nose
And says, "Ummmmm baby, smell me!"
I luv my wife's .oo0O O0oo.

Posts: 259 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's not a fad as long as there is warm weather people will wear flip flops

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deserthope2000
Loyal Member
Member # 2752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deserthope2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that flip flops will become a fad or wane that much in popularity. There’s just too much history now, and I think that women are becoming more and more aware of the importance of showing their feet off in a sexy way (whether all of them admit it or not), and often flip flops are one of the hottest shoes that allow them to do this. I remember them becoming popular in the late 70s and early 80s, when it became acceptable for girls to wear them to public schools. The popularity appeared to ease off a little bit in the mid 80s, though that could also have attributed to the environment I was in. However, the popularity seemed to escalate more in more through the 90s and now the 00s. Of course, I now live in a warmer climate, as I moved from the Northeast region to the Phoenix area at the beginning of the 00s, so I see them more often. Every once in a while I see another sandal come into the picture (such as the Birkenstocks or a Sport Sandal), which might be based on doctor recommended ideas (I saw some of that in the early 90s). However, most of the Birkenstock's and sport sandals I mentioned normally aren’t perceived as being very attractive by most of the foot fetish people I know of. As a result, I think that the vanity, comfort, and convenience factor that the flip flop provides will normally win out.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adidas Sandal Fetish
Major Player
Member # 15036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adidas Sandal Fetish   Email Adidas Sandal Fetish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see alot more of them now than you did ten years ago, every girl I know has a few pairs.

I'm actually getting a little sick of seeing them everywhere to be honest...overkill!

Posts: 186 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deserthope2000
Loyal Member
Member # 2752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deserthope2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'll take the overkill. I wouldn't mind hooking up with a woman who has at least 20 pairs of them. And I wouldn't complain.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shyguyuk
Major Player
Member # 2742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shyguyuk   Email shyguyuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it will come to market saturation with flip flops!
Posts: 115 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no question in my mind that they've become the thing to wear, at least with many HS, college and young adults- especially in warmer climates, but even in colder climates. But even with middle-aged women, showing feet and toes seems to be a very "in" thing.

I as at our corporate office in Northern Virginia a year or so ago and one of the office staff had on sandals even though it was snowing outside that day.

Whether it's a true fad or not remains to be seen. My hope is that showing feet will always noe be in style. As someone said variations in popular looks and brands of sandals and flip-flops may change form time to time, but hopefully always be in fashion. My true belief is that many women now see this as an "entitlement"- desiring to wear shoes that are comfortable and easy to slip on and off as often as they can. Evidence my wife yesterday, who wore her flip-flops while she drove to work before putting on her better looking, but very strappy, work sandals.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links