Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Reasons for this Obsession

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reasons for this Obsession
dahilak7
Board Regular
Member # 16373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahilak7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been hunting around the internet and asking my psych teacher about some of the reasons people are attracted to certain things about a womans body... some of them make sense to me, others don't, but I wanna use this forum as a kind of sounding board and mabey you guys can brainstorm some explanations too.

The one that made most sense to me is the freudian theory of what's called "castration anxiety" the general idea is that the first time you see a woman naked as a child, you have a panic attack because she does not have a penis, so your mind tries to find the most "Phalic" or "Penis Like" body part to replace the penis. Us Foot guys see the foot as the sexual object of a woman, I know people who are actually turned on by fingers.

Any others? Some reasonings are just lazy, like the theory that: A foot kind of looks like the other parts associated with sex... it has curves like those of the ass and breasts... I don't buy it...

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babeflover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babeflover   Email babeflover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i can't help you, but i can tell you that most of us at this forum stopped the whys wheres, whens and hows of our "obsassion". we just enjoy it. good luck.

--------------------
 -
My wife's sweet ass and feet

Posts: 2151 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freud rolls in his grave every time a psychology course is taught. [Cry]

Freud revolutionized psychology not in his ascertains, but in his method. He was constantly revising, and in some cases completely discarding theories during the course of his study. Once he died, the last incarnation of the ideas he postulated became gospel, and to this day they are taken as the basis of modern psychology. It's ridiculous, had he continued his studies his theories would probably have continued to change as radically as they had up until his death. His proudest contribution is ignored, and attention is put onto unfinished theories that were only a minor result of it, talk about lazy [Thud] . It's like a master luthier crafting a superb violin, and then playing "Mary had a little lamb" on it, and forever being lauded for the performance, not the instrument.

Personally I don't know why I like feet, but I feel it does have to do with their geometry. There are definitely certain shapes and geometric ratios that people find attractive. Whether it is an innate sense or we are programmed for is unknown. I feel it is something we are programmed for, as on average women and men notice different geometries about an object of desire and both men and woman are capable of bisexual and homosexual desires. Whether it be a curve like that of a breast or hip, or the shape of a penis it is still a shape response.

As far as castration anxiety, the theory makes little sense given modern incarnations of theories regarding childhood development. A child old enough to understand the sentience of another human being and have a sympathetic response to that human’s situation is long past the age where they learn men and woman are physically different. Children learn to define objects first, and most male children define men and women as with and without penis respectively.

When I was a child I was told that boys have penises and girls do not, long before I ever saw the genitalia of a girl. The first time I did see it I was probably about 5 years old. I was in the courtyard of an art museum with my parents and a little girl was being changed on a bench. When I saw it my response was "oh, that's what it meant". The little girl through the eyes of a 5 year old was simply another object in a world of objects that I was incapable of sympathetic response to, but had a working definition for.

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ummmmm
Elite Trooper
Member # 15145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Ummmmm   Email Ummmmm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, well said, Ozkar. [Thumbs Up]

Of course, I would try Carl Jung's theory of the animus...he said that men have an inner animus, a mirror of ourselves in the opposite polarity, a feminine side. This could explain why we have this desire to suck on the toes as if sucking on a penis...
Food for thought. [Wink]

--------------------
My excitement grows
When she wiggles her toes
Presses her foot to my nose
And says, "Ummmmm baby, smell me!"
I luv my wife's .oo0O O0oo.

Posts: 259 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahilak7
Board Regular
Member # 16373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahilak7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, well written! defenitely makes me think!
Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milky
Board Regular
Member # 15587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milky   Email milky       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozkar is right, most foot lovers are men and men love curves and there is no curvier part of the woman's body than her feet. That and the fact that they are mostly hidden and taboo plays a part.

For me, being submissive also plays a role, seeing as worshipping a woman's feet is one of the most submissive roles a man can play.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plastercast to thank
Hall Of Famer
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastercast to thank   Email Plastercast to thank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dahilak7:
I've been hunting around the internet and asking my psych teacher about some of the reasons people are attracted to certain things about a womans body... some of them make sense to me, others don't, but I wanna use this forum as a kind of sounding board and mabey you guys can brainstorm some explanations too.

The one that made most sense to me is the freudian theory of what's called "castration anxiety" the general idea is that the first time you see a woman naked as a child, you have a panic attack because she does not have a penis, so your mind tries to find the most "Phalic" or "Penis Like" body part to replace the penis. Us Foot guys see the foot as the sexual object of a woman, I know people who are actually turned on by fingers.

Any others? Some reasonings are just lazy, like the theory that: A foot kind of looks like the other parts associated with sex... it has curves like those of the ass and breasts... I don't buy it...

I can honestly say that even if women had Penis's I would still be far more facinated by their feet & Im sure Im not the only guy who feels this way on the subject! During the winter when most women keep their cute feet hidden in shoes & in some case even boots it get's really frustrating for a lot of us & that is the reason why I suspect a lot of us become even more obsessed about them, but on the plus-side it has too be said that we do of cause reap our rewards during the summer because their is a nice flavour too savour!

--------------------
I always thought The most sexy feet belonged to Kylie Minogue but that was before I saw my cleaner's feet.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dub
Board Regular
Member # 12547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i discord with the "castration anxiety" theory.

for me it was the second year of high school when the girl i desired changed her shoes from those cute black school girl leather ones to ugly white sneakers

in a sense, a shoe fetsh came about from that point once i realised how much i had admired her wearing those black leather shoes and at the time feet were of a negative/neutral value

although the years following to the end of highschool, a couple years later feet became something of a secretive desire along with the shoes

so today i'm a exquisite shoe/feet man ...much like i suspect Lord Lucan is

Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links