Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Does anyone know what happened to yahoo group 'Real bare soles'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone know what happened to yahoo group 'Real bare soles'?
Bagzie
Major Player
Member # 15815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bagzie   Author's Homepage   Email Bagzie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I signed up for the Yahoo group 'Realbaresoles' last year, and it was awesome. However I just logged into my Yahoo account and was pissed to find out that it no longer exists. Anyone know what happened to it?
Posts: 207 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tony_dyer2000
Major Player
Member # 9881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tony_dyer2000   Email tony_dyer2000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh the guy who was taking the vids announced his "retirement". I was also deeply annoyed becuase the content was often alot better than some of the foot sites about and it was free.

Apparently he will continue to video candid feet so lets hope one day he decides he would like to share again.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, RBS has decided to no longer contribute to any foot community online anymore. People were getting on him quite a bit on "the other foot board" for calling him out on videotaping women's feet without their permission, accusing him of staging his video shoots, not believing he didn't ask permission, etc.. I can definitely see why he got ticked off and decided to take his departure and not post there anymore, as well as pull down his Yahoo group, with some of the people who were always ready to launch derogatory comments his way and get in his face about his contributions.

In the past, he had another username before "RealBareSoles" on the other board and caused quite a stir with his material when he first began posting under that other username (I can't remember it now off the top of my head.). After getting a lot of flack about his posts the first time around, he left for awhile and then came back about a year or two later with more material and the username "RealBareSoles". It's not surprising that he left again. However, seeing that he did leave once already and then came back after a hiatus, there might be some hope that he'll take some time off away from the flack and unflattering comments, get more material and start posting again.

It kind of makes me wonder if maybe he has departed abruptly (yet again) because he was running out of material to post. Seeing how it's winter in the northeast U.S. and freezing right now (That's where he comes from.), I'm sure that women showing off their bare feet for the camera are in short supply. I wish he would come back in the future though and post somewhere else other than that other board. They're always the first over there to start crap with people and make contributors leave.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember him when he ran the website "Foot Patrol". He has some great material built up over the years.

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
I remember him when he ran the website "Foot Patrol". He has some great material built up over the years.

Ok, that's what I remember him as. He used that as his first username when he initially began posting.
Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rae124
Hall Of Famer
Member # 328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rae124   Email Rae124   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fate111:
Yeah, RBS has decided to no longer contribute to any foot community online anymore. People were getting on him quite a bit on "the other foot board" for calling him out on videotaping women's feet without their permission, accusing him of staging his video shoots, not believing he didn't ask permission, etc.. I can definitely see why he got ticked off and decided to take his departure and not post there anymore, as well as pull down his Yahoo group, with some of the people who were always ready to launch derogatory comments his way and get in his face about his contributions.

In the past, he had another username before "RealBareSoles" on the other board and caused quite a stir with his material when he first began posting under that other username (I can't remember it now off the top of my head.). After getting a lot of flack about his posts the first time around, he left for awhile and then came back about a year or two later with more material and the username "RealBareSoles". It's not surprising that he left again. However, seeing that he did leave once already and then came back after a hiatus, there might be some hope that he'll take some time off away from the flack and unflattering comments, get more material and start posting again.

It kind of makes me wonder if maybe he has departed abruptly (yet again) because he was running out of material to post. Seeing how it's winter in the northeast U.S. and freezing right now (That's where he comes from.), I'm sure that women showing off their bare feet for the camera are in short supply. I wish he would come back in the future though and post somewhere else other than that other board. They're always the first over there to start crap with people and make contributors leave.

Like seriously, who cares how he got the shots if they were good shots. People always have to find something to complain about, don't they?

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thundercracker
All Pro Poster
Member # 7778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundercracker   Email Thundercracker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he might want to try here. The atmosphere is definitely different. [Cheers]
Posts: 656 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sinnister
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinnister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's true thuder.

This board is far far more conducive to a pleasurable foot experience. That board is okay for pictures every now and then, but the people who post there are for the most part quite judgemental.

With exception to the webmasters who post updates from their sites, and the posters who post candids, the regulars there seem very immature.

--------------------
Got Feet?

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sabbath
Major Player
Member # 4844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabbath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMh I've also noticed that the people on the other board, are really agressive and seem to complain about every post.. I find it quite strange. Is there an explanation?
Posts: 213 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

quote:
Originally posted by Sinnister:
It's true thuder.

This board is far far more conducive to a pleasurable foot experience. That board is okay for pictures every now and then, but the people who post there are for the most part quite judgemental.

With exception to the webmasters who post updates from their sites, and the posters who post candids, the regulars there seem very immature.

Very good point, Sinnister. I've noticed that myself. The atmosphere there is almost like being back in high school. If you're not part of the "clique" or the "cool crowd", then you're as good a mud.

To attempt to answer your question, Sabbath, I think what I stated above about the high school atmosphere is part of the reason. Quite a few people there think they can get away with saying whatever they want, when they want. I also think another reason is some of the moderators there who have control over what is acceptable within the forum and what crosses the line as being unacceptable are pretty vague with their definitions of such, or they will play favorites and/or take sides, even though moderators are supposed to be impartial and remove inappropriate content, no matter who posts it (By inappropriate here, I'm not talking about unacceptable pictures, but rather, inappropriate comments, pot shots, and all out attacks on others who post in an effort to belittle or embarrass them in some fashion.). I've noticed in the past that certain posts have been deleted and deemed "unacceptable" for reasons that were, at best, marginal. Yet, I've seen other posts that I thought for sure would be deleted and the person who started the pissing match/controversy banned, and those posts weren't touched and all-out flame wars broke out.

That's one thing that I do appreciate about the policy here at Wu's, and one or two other forums that I visit. What is acceptable and unacceptable is clearly defined. When someone does cross the line, which seems to be a rarity here, it's dealt with in an appropriate fashion and done pretty quick with no exceptions. The reason I think these occurences are fairly rare is because of the policy of no tolerance here for that kind of pissy stuff and, in my opinion, that's the way it should be. I'm sure that some may take offense to that and wave their right of "freedom of speech" in everyone's face and hide behind that as their defense. I counter that with a little thing called rules. Rules need to be followed, as set by those in charge. If you don't have rules, you have anarchy and a free-for-all. If you can't follow the rules set by those in charge, then those breaking the rules have to be held accountable for their actions and pay the price for breaking those rules and there should be no exceptions to this. How can rules be reinforced if they're so vaguely defined and people are possibly playing favorites or if every case is subjective? That can only lead to more chaos. If one person breaks a rule and gets away with it, then others will eventually follow and then it becomes the norm and the situation can quickly escalate out of control. Over there, it seems that there is very little accountability for some of the posters, which, I've noticed, drives away newer posters and has, on occasion, driven away those who were regular posters and major contributors. When that happens, everyone loses out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links