Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Health risks for flip flop wearers!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Health risks for flip flop wearers!
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080606/flipflop_study_080606/20080608?hub=Health
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen a few different articles that show the negative aspects of wearing flip flops.

Humbug!

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justdaone
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justdaone   Email justdaone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I thought you were going to say the hazard could be one of us getting a hold of them!
Posts: 1278 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen some articles warning of other, more acute, injuries such as when the toe of the flip-flop catches the surface on which the wearer is walking; the sole folds beneath and can trip the wearer or, at the very least, cause them to scrape their toes on the surface.

From the files of "The Chinese are at it again": I've been told about an article (haven't located it for myself) regarding Chinese manufactured flip-flops that have residual chemicals that have been causing foot problems ranging from skin discoloration and irritation all the way to severe chemical burns. Again, I haven't read this article for myself so it may be true or another Urban-Legend-in-the-making.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wing-Washer
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wing-Washer   Email Wing-Washer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
From the files of "The Chinese are at it again": I've been told about an article (haven't located it for myself) regarding Chinese manufactured flip-flops that have residual chemicals that have been causing foot problems ranging from skin discoloration and irritation all the way to severe chemical burns. Again, I haven't read this article for myself so it may be true or another Urban-Legend-in-the-making.

According to Snopes, it's true. There are some nasty pictures of the girl's feet from the chemical burns that accompany the story.

Here is the Snopes article with accompanying link to her story about it (with the nasty pictures).

--------------------
When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
-John Maxwell Edmonds

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True story, I posted it here last year too.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perfectpeds
The Legend
Member # 29295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perfectpeds   Email perfectpeds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn a girl has to be careful! Wouldn't want any fungus among us.... !

--------------------
"People will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with 'welcome' written on it."
Andy Partridge (now here is an idea!)

Posts: 2959 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ew yea i second that pp. i actually went and looked at the flip flop story. BIG mistake but it made me open my eyes. i think my flip flops are more of an accessory then shoes though [Laugh]

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luna
Board Regular
Member # 28754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, flips flops are bad for you... but wait a minute, high heels are also bad, so are the sandals with the really thick heels, as well as pointy shoes in general. Latelly, I've heard that sneakers are just as bad as the rest. So, what to wear now? Maybe we should all go barefoot after all... oh but wait, then we run the risk of catching something nasty... damn. lets all sit down, put our feet up and never moove again.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zFeet
Board Regular
Member # 30817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zFeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow,

I've never been a fan of flip flops to begin with. Sure, great for first impressions, but I've always enjoyed the thought of a foot in a warm shoe. The associated health health issues of flip flops are another issue that turns off to them.

One cant help but wonder if in forty years our girlfriends of wives or whatever will have screwed up feet as a result of wearing flip flops when they were young. Then again, women have been wearing heals longer than that (not a personal favorite either).

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no matter what type of shoe they wear, they will all have gross feet 40 years from now

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.J.
All Pro Poster
Member # 24686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.J.   Email J.J.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm impressed by your positivity, sir mike, always something sweet by way of a compliment, always a lovely word where one is needed, and full of love in general. [Tongue]

And, sorry but I don't agree, I'm actually sure that there's no hope WITHOUT dope, but that's personal.

--------------------
Born again pagan baby, craving the moon, I worship Venus as she swallows me whole.

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perfectpeds
The Legend
Member # 29295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perfectpeds   Email perfectpeds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
no matter what type of shoe they wear, they will all have gross feet 40 years from now

I'm going to make a bet with you on that one Mike -- OH wait - I'll make that bet if I'm still around in 40 years! LOL

--------------------
"People will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with 'welcome' written on it."
Andy Partridge (now here is an idea!)

Posts: 2959 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links