Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » This Show I'm In (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Show I'm In
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YSUfan17   Email YSUfan17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'm just getting started working in a kick-ass rock-musical at my comunity theatre called "Bat Boy". It's a story of a strange half-bat half-human discovered by 3 pot-smoking teens in the caves of West Virginia, & is taken to the home of local vetenarian Dr. Thomas Parker (that's my part lol). There, he forms a bond with my wife Meredith & our teenage daughter Shelly. When I come home & discover the bat boy (whom Meredith has named Edgar, I want to put him to sleep, but instead I blackmail Meredith into reviving our long-dormant sex life in exchange for allowing Edgar to live (in a great solo song for me called "Dance With Me, Darling").
The story is basicly about Edgar's desire to be accepted in the world, but is only met with hatred & rejection by the "normal" people of society. I can completely relate to Edgar, being a semi-closeted foot-lover. In fact, now that I know the entire libretto, I've (in my mind lol) related the entire plot to Edgar being a foot-lover instead of a bat-boy. The messege of the story is about judging people for who they are inside instead of what they look like or what you precieve them to be. Like the opening song states:
"You call him 'beast' or 'changeling'/Or 'demon chimpanzee'/But we will prove he's no such thing/He's much like me"
In fact, I think all us guys could relate to the opening song "Hold Me, Bat Boy". Problem is, I don't think I can post them here, I don't know if that would be a copywrite violation. So, if anyone's intrested in reading the lyrics & hearing the song (on a MySpace music profile), just let me know, I can PM you.

--------------------
Dave, there’s an old story that this reminds me of: I cried because I had no desk until I met a man who had no feet, and the no-feet guy explained that there was such a thing as a budget…and WNYX was way, way over it. The End

Posts: 200 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess this is a spoof on those "Bat Boy" articles you would find in those "World Weekly News" tabloids at the supermarket? Sounds funny.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YSUfan17   Email YSUfan17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is.
And yea, it is a very funny show, with some truly inspired bits of comedy. Overall, the show has a semi-serious tone & deals with some pretty heavy issues, like prejudice & violence.

This is from the show's WIkipedia article, & it sums up the show pretty well.

The text (script and score) veers from manically farcical to deeply tragic, and is often both at once. The book deals with very heavy themes (such as hypocrisy, acceptance, forgiveness, racism and scapegoating), but often punctures the most serious moments with slapstick, surreallism, or Simpsons-style irony.

[ August 09, 2008, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: YSUfan17 ]

--------------------
Dave, there’s an old story that this reminds me of: I cried because I had no desk until I met a man who had no feet, and the no-feet guy explained that there was such a thing as a budget…and WNYX was way, way over it. The End

Posts: 200 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are any of the female characters barefooted, during the play?

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Yea, actually, I've seen versions of "Inside Your Heart" on YouTube (love song between Edgar & Shelly) where Shelly is barefoot. Not exactly sure what we're going to do about costuming (or lack thereof lol) yet though.

--------------------

YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

To give an update (& to bump this thread lol), it looks like our Shelly will be barefoot during "Inside Your Heart".

I am having so much fun on this show, I am like in love with my solo in the Act One finale "Comfort & Joy".

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad things are going well and you're having such a good time. I don't imagine that it hurts to have your love-interest barefoot part of the time.

Stages (and theaters in general) are notoriously dirty/dusty so it occurs to me that if you like dirty soles, this can be a real treat for you.

Just a lecherous thought from a lecherous fella. Continued broken legs to you.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Well, actually, in the context of the show, Shelly is my daughter lol. She's Edgar's love intrest, & that's who she sings "Inside Your Heart" with.

Still, getting to see this girl barefoot every night for the next month or so will be really cool haha [Wink] .

--------------------

dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bet it will be!
Any production photos of her? [Smile]

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Not yet, prob not until tech week when we start doing publicity.

--------------------

YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Hey!!!! We open next weekend! lol

And I'm surprised no one's commented on the connection I made between the show & guys like us in in my original post haha.

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you mention it, I can see the connection you were trying to draw; I must admit that it didn't occur to me when I first read it, I guess that it's a combination of my being a generally insensitive SOB and that I have never had to struggle for acceptance.

Nevertheless, "the play's the thing"; break a leg! Tell us how it goes.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Lol, thanks, toetapper!!!

We had a great opening weekend & we're in the second weekend now.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get some clips on YouTube (technically, it would be a little illeagal as Musical Theatre International strictly protects all their copyrights, but I've seen PLENTY of high school prooductions of this very show on YouTube, so we'll see what happens).

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Glad to hear all is going well. Hope you'll put up a link if you can sneak one in.

No whistling in the dressing rooms!

YSUfan17
Major Player
Member # 26509

Oh, God, I totally forgot I had this thread! lol sorry!!!

The show went very well!!! And yes, our Shelly was barefoot during "Inside Your Heart" [Wink] .

Anywho, I got another audition on Monday for my next show, "Reefer Madness The Musical!" haha [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links