Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Feet and the Radio

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feet and the Radio
DancingFool
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DancingFool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something I have noticed about myself for years now. Maybe a few of you have noticed it about yourselves:

Have you ever noticed that if you are hearing music from yer own collection, sometimes you can't decide what to hear and when you do pick something you find, sure enough it doesn't really grab you, but if you should hear that same song on the radio, it's grabs you a little more because the idea of someone else wanting to hear the same song you want to hear adds a little more mustard to the whole thing? The same goes for pictures/scenes of feet. How many of us look on here or elsewhere for great pics and clips of feet, and because there is such a massive load, we get to be selective and pick what we like and leave behind the ones we don't like, but if we should come across a foot pic in a magazine, or an advertisement, or a 3 second view on The View or Jay Leno, we have to post it on here and praise it? It's the same thing--the idea that someone else in the media or advertising world would put in hours of work to showcase feet or in the case of TV they choose not to edit out a scene involving feet leaving it in opened for closeups and comment from the world, is pretty awe inspiring.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting thought- it does show a strong sense of connectedness no matter what the reason.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Uz
Loyal Member
Member # 12166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Uz   Email Tom Uz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I see that a certain movie is on TV and I think wow great, and I start to watch it - and then I realize it's been sitting on my shelf over there in DVD form but I never put it on. And some times I'll actually keep watching the rest of it - with commercial interruptions - because I know I'm sharing the experience with other viewers. Music is a collection of sounds, and pictures are visual info... The enjoyment comes from the meaning, and the meaning comes from some kind of social connectedness.
When I see feet in mainstream media it makes me feel a little less marginalized and weird. I think foot lovers are everywhere, including people in the media, and they know there's a lot of us out here. So they share a little "in joke" with us from time to time to keep us tuned in, as well as for their own enjoyment. They're probably doing the same for other demographics that we wouldn't even notice.
Putting in different things for different parts of the audience goes back at least as far as Shakespeare, with his "groundling jokes".

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very intellectual thoughts there, DancingFool. I agree with it all.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're definatly right on the money here Dancing Fool.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links