Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Cognitive dissonance and foot fetish

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cognitive dissonance and foot fetish
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psychology class is in order guys.....a thread on how to let a love interest that is anti foot fetish into your foot world through the understanding of cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two contradictory ideas simultaneously. The "ideas" or "cognitions" in question may include attitudes and beliefs, and also the awareness of one's behavior. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors, or by justifying or rationalizing their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.whew!! (from wikipedia) ok bear with me...here comes the foot fetish stuff....

People....or women in this instance hate cognitive dissonance. For example a woman might swear up and down not to ever date an unemployed guy. She meets a guy and they hit it off. She finds out he's unemployed. This results in an internal conflict. If she likes the guy enough she will make herself believe that "he's between jobs" "he's on the up and up" "he's a quality guy" ect to eliminate the dissonance.

Everyone does it. I think i'm frugal. I go out and buy a sports car. Conflict in my head. Sports car and frugal don't match. I then tell myself that this car is more reliable and more fun for my buck allowing me to live the contradiction. But i've wanted this car for years. Test drove it. I was INVESTED. Think about the equivalent when it comes to women. How do they get invested?

Ok back to feet and women. Some women hate foot fetishes. Go do an advanced search on twitter and you'll read nothing but negative things. With that in mind when meeting women it is best to not bring up feet!! Why? She is not attracted to you yet. She will easily say you're not her type and eliminate you out of her dating pool. When she is attracted to you..after a date or two PREFERABLY after sex she knows shes into you. Show her you're into feet during the love making. This will cause the "cognitive dissonance" I speak of. In her mind she might think "foot fetish guys are pervs" "I don't have sex with pervs" "Soooo this foot fetish guy must be ok" "I must be ok with HIS foot fetish then". While hanging out with her you'll be the great guy that we all are and it will be a non issue. Especially with the first impression, don't be the foot guy. Be the cool guy...and later be the cool guy that's into feet.

Get it?
This is theory of course and wile I have put it into practice I havn't done it knowingly.

Counterarguements are welcome. Remember the woman we have in mind is the type that is anti foot fetish. Not the neutral sort.

This article from the "real savoy blog" inspired this thread.
http://therealsavoy.blogspot.com/search/label/Female%20Psychology

GQguy

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds about right to me. [Cool]

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember touching on this subject back in my college days in a Sociology class. Well actually the opposite could hold true within cognitive dissonance...say three guys a particular woman has dated all have foot fetishes..all were decent ex's of hers and she has a fairly good view on our fetish...she starts dating some new guy and acts all creepy about her feet. She has that opinion that developed that guys with foot fetishes are kinda cool thinking of the perks it offers...then a creep comes along and ruins it all for her view on it...not trying to play devil's advocate here, but rather a top-looking-down view [my perspective here] on the bottom-looking-up [as in GQ's take]

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
I remember touching on this subject back in my college days in a Sociology class. Well actually the opposite could hold true within cognitive dissonance...say three guys a particular woman has dated all have foot fetishes..all were decent ex's of hers and she has a fairly good view on our fetish...she starts dating some new guy and acts all creepy about her feet. She has that opinion that developed that guys with foot fetishes are kinda cool thinking of the perks it offers...then a creep comes along and ruins it all for her view on it...not trying to play devil's advocate here, but rather a top-looking-down view [my perspective here] on the bottom-looking-up [as in GQ's take]

I think that's simply a generalization made on experience. Typically cognitive dissonance deals with an attitude/belief/value and two contradictory views of ones self. If she says she doesn't date creepy guys beacuse she's too good for that, then dates a creepy guy she would have to give her brain an excuse as to why she dates him. She's either too good for creepy guys therefor she'd have to dump him or she's not as good as she thought she was. So to have her cake and eat it too she could tell her brain "he's such an awesome guy, better than i've ever had" to keep the contradictory stuff apart. She still keeps her guy and her initial too good for everyone attitude. This helps the creepy guy solidify his place in her life. The creepy guy has to get her invested at first somehow before she is willing to make that jump. Thats the tough part.

But it is true that it doesn't always work in our favor. Actually it rarely does.

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is honest when they say NO - but when they hire you the'll tell you why - even if it is trial by fire or a test.

Every woman that I know has an alkie father or a diddling unlce and they are nice guys just misunderstood. What is a real nice guy anyway?

I grew up on the streets where there were no nice people and we all knew it. Why the paradox when leaving the streets?

I also meet girls which bug me out - where you say "Hi" and they say "my Boyfriend says Hi."
They sneak bf into every sentence - all they are doing is overcompensating. You know that foo aint sayin s about her. I need a good year before the gf comes out my mouth. The times make the president, yo. You wont know if she is a keeper until you have been tested.

[ May 21, 2009, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Elvzz ]

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arch_Analyst
Elite Trooper
Member # 28756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arch_Analyst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yawn! Psych was boring when I took is as an undergrad and it still is today.
Posts: 460 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danielle Moore
All Pro Poster
Member # 34633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielle Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Danielle Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find your theory to be interesting. I have been there and done it! In having said that, I never put a label on it.

You have me thinking of my past....lol

D
xoxo

--------------------
Danielle Moore
 -
http://clips4sale.com/store/27677
http://images4sale.com/store/27677
http://executivefeet.c4slive.com/index.php

Posts: 835 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spotlight:
Complimenting them on their feet in front of a crowd of others in public with 100 percent confidence turns em on like crazy. How does this fact fall into the equation?

Agreed most women do want a guy that's got guts without being too blunt.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bulls23
Board Regular
Member # 33905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bulls23   Email bulls23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good post GQ! When you think of all the shit that people in relationships "settle" for, looking past a fetish and justifying it really isn't that bad of a compromise.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it's just that girls feel that guys with foot fetishes are perverts simply because they've never had any experience with them. When they actually meet one of us, and we turn out to be "regular guys" this changes their perceptions about us.
Perhaps some of them had bad experiences. Maybe they had a creepy uncle who played with their feet.
Still, it's a very interesting theory you have.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danielle Moore
All Pro Poster
Member # 34633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielle Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Danielle Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Douglezerts, you said it. When it comes to the FFL (Foot Fetish Lifestyle) negative opinions are usually formed from people that have either had one bad experience or simple pure ignorance (lack of knowledge).

Example, I have never eaten a lobster. To me, eating a lobster is disgusting. How did I form my opinion? Bad Experience? or Pure Ignorance? In my case, it's pure ignorance because I have never tried eating a lobster. Who knows, if I tried it, I might love it and become a seafood lover.

When it comes to the FFL (foot fetish lifestyle), I think there is a lot of people that have formed opinions without first hand knowledge or experience to base their opinions on.

My advice, take it slow and have fun introducing your new friend to the FFL...who knows, they might turn out like me :-) Could that be a bad thing? Maybe ;-)

Love Dani,
XOXO

--------------------
Danielle Moore
 -
http://clips4sale.com/store/27677
http://images4sale.com/store/27677
http://executivefeet.c4slive.com/index.php

Posts: 835 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links