Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Women's Feet Getting Bigger (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Women's Feet Getting Bigger
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fashionnews/6923064/Womens-feet-getting-bigger.html

Women's feet are getting bigger, with the average shoe size up from a five to a six in the past five years, figures have found.

quote:
Medical experts believe that the rise in size is down to the obesity epidemic, pointing to high-density foods such as pizza being eaten during puberty stimulating the growth hormone.

The research from Debenhams found that in 2009, ladies' size nines sales increased by 23 per cent, while sales of size sixes jumped by 17 per cent.

The largest shoe it currently stocks as standard is a nine, but they are now considering stocking size 10 on a regular basis.

Debenhams also found that women in Leeds had the largest feet, followed by those in Belfast, London and Cardiff.

Ed Watson, from the department store chain said: "Big shoes, especially heeled styles, have to be made much stronger with sturdier load-bearing points, able to cope with greater levels of stress and wear.

"In the past, these shoe sizes would have only been available bespoke, but today's women with larger feet want to wear the designer styles which we stock rather than frumpy specially made ones."

Michael Paynton, British Chiropody and Podiatry Association chairman, told The Daily Mail: "I have been in practice 42 years and in that time standard foot sizes have changed dramatically. At one time it would have been difficult for a woman to get a size 6 shoe. Now that is the norm.

"It's part of the process of evolution, as generally people are getting bigger and taller. We are seeing it clinically in both men and women as modern diets and lifestyle change.

"Once, a man's shoe size of six or seven was common, but now sizes 9, 10, 11 and 12 are more commonplace."

Women's bodies in general are getting taller and heavier, according to the UK National Sizing Survey. While a woman was 5ft2in and weight 9st 10lb on average 60 years ago, they are now 5ft 4in and weighs 10st 4lb.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can live with bigger women's feet...more foot to love.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zappa1968
Elite Trooper
Member # 27279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zappa1968     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news!!!!!!!!!!! [Drool]
Posts: 340 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footsniffer20000
Board Regular
Member # 36130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footsniffer20000   Email footsniffer20000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love womens big feet
Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep this is all good news to me

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm in the opposite camp, I prefer small feet, but since I'm married to a girl with small feet- I guess I'm all set.

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footntoesmassager
Elite Trooper
Member # 12132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footntoesmassager   Email footntoesmassager   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! Count me in for loving bigger feet! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Feet: Power and beauty combined

Posts: 473 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchC
The Legend
Member # 20084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MitchC   Email MitchC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed this too. While there are still plenty of petite girls who may wear sizes four or five, I've noticed an increasing amount of much taller girls, who are anywhere from five foot seven to even six feet tall, and wear sizes nine through eleven or even twelve.

The reasons given in the article probably provide the explanation.

Mitch

Posts: 2593 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrical
The Legend
Member # 6603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyrical   Email Lyrical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this real?

--------------------
New Ship but she's got the right name. You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home.

Posts: 4051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm for smaller feet myself - and crap that Cardiff may have the 4th biggest feet, I go back to uni there tomorrow!!

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceCorr
Hall Of Famer
Member # 37554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceCorr   Email AceCorr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With nutrition improving, people are getting larger on average. It's actually very common to see a woman with a size 7 or size 8. There was this girl I knew who had to squeeze her feet into a size 10, I actually think a size 12 was more appropriate for her since her feet were bigger than mine! She was a larger size girl of 5'10'' and around 190 lbs.
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chastisedfootpiggy
Board Regular
Member # 37391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chastisedfootpiggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the equivalent to this in US sizes is 8.5? My lady wears a 7.5 US, so I suppose this means She's smaller than average? I don't see how obesity contributes to *longer* feet. Wider yes. But not longer. I don't buy "higher density foods" spurring growth hormone. Why wouldn't old fashioned hard tac have the same effect? It's about as dense as can be.. yet you'll starve to death if you try to live on it.

cfp.

EDIT - Someone commented on being in the opposite camp.. you're not the only one that goes crazy for smaller feet. Give me sizes 5-8 ANY DAY over the larger ones. Love the little ones, they're just the right size to fit on my face.

[ January 03, 2010, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: chastisedfootpiggy ]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i appreciate attractive feet of various sizes, but no obese or scrawny ones for me, please...

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another factoid is that women's feet may also permanently spread out a 1/2 to 1 size larger because of pregnancy as well.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YESSSSSS!!

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links