Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Strengthening nails

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strengthening nails
L0vinf337
Loyal Member
Member # 15178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L0vinf337   Email L0vinf337   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gf has weak nails and they break pretty easily especially when they start to get long. Was wondering if anyone has any tips on increasing their strength and rigidity, or anything the ladies might reccomend? [Smile]
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't recommend anything but I'm sure there's got to be something out there...So I googled it and listed a few "natural" solutions below. Interestingly getting acrylic nails or polishing nails actually weakens them.

Eat lots of fresh cauliflower, a vegetable rich in biotin. Biotin is a naturally occurring nutrient needed to help thicken and strengthen fingernails at the core, preventing cracking and breaking. Other natural food sources of biotin include lentils, peanuts and legumes.

Apply a small amount of almond oil to a cotton swab and massage the oil into your nails, cuticles and underside of each nail. Almond oil quickly absorbs into the nail bed and should be used after washing dishes, washing your hands and showering. Almond oil is a better option than over-the-counter nail strengtheners, which often contain harmful chemical perfumes can actually make your nails more brittle.

Play taps with your fingertips. Gently tapping your fingertips against a hard surface increases blood flow to your nails and can help them grow strong. Avoid tapping the nails themselves, as it can cause trauma, cracking and breaking.

Take glucosamine sulfate supplements daily, according to the manufacturer's directions. Glucosamine sulfate strengthens the nails, increasing nail health and growth. It is best to take glucosamine in gel caps if possible, as gelatin can also help combat brittle nails.

Drink fresh horsetail tea once or twice a day. To prepare the tea, boil 1 cup of water and pour it over 1 tsp. of fresh horsetail. Allow the tea to steep for five minutes before straining and drinking. Horsetail is naturally high in silicon, an element required for strong, healthy nail growth.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L0vinf337
Loyal Member
Member # 15178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L0vinf337   Email L0vinf337   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input. I'll pass it on to her. I read somewhere that soaking them in lemon juice can help because they will absorb calcium from it. Can anyone confirm this?

If anything one else has anything, don't be shy! lol

Posts: 66 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitamin E is good for nail strength I believe.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links