Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Foot Fetish and Synaesthesia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foot Fetish and Synaesthesia?
yungfootman
Board Regular
Member # 15493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yungfootman   Email yungfootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read article that says a foot fetish can be considered a form of synaesthesia (a neurologically-based condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway). In addition to my foot fetish, I also I also have color- sound synaesthesia. Sometimes when I listen to music, I can perceive different colors. I've never discussed any of this with anyone before. I'm not confidant that most people would understand my situation so I keep it to myself. I'm just curious to find out if anyone else has a similar experience as me or maybe you have a different form of synaesthesia.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure this is the same thing but when I see a very pretty high arched foot I get a feeling of pleasure in my brain similar to the sort I get as a result of ingesting something very sweet. I don't taste anything but the pleasure receptors(forgive me neuro guys) go off!

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeTrOiT
All Pro Poster
Member # 37598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeTrOiT   Email DeTrOiT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF...I thought that it was just me!...I can TASTE MY MUSIC..Well guitar...It's like it has a metallic taste depending on the guitar tone..I SWEAR THAY I CAN TASTE IT ON THE SIDES OF MY TOUNGE AND MY THROAT...

--------------------
...Flawless and Perfect in every way...When I grow up..I'M MOVING TO BRAZIL...lol

Posts: 507 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yungfootman
Board Regular
Member # 15493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yungfootman   Email yungfootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah there are different forms of synaesthesia (or synesthesia) so you're definitely not alone. I'm not an expert or anything this is just what I came across trying to find answers. Maybe the two are connected. I don't know. At least now I know I can talk to someone who won't think I'm crazy lol.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pjay
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pjay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read about synesthesia and I also heard a very interesting radio program about it once. There was a guy who was very severely afflicted, and he also had a stupendous "photographic memory" (what's the word... "eidetic"?) But these conditions were, according to the radio program, a curse for him. He was never able to forget anything, and it kinda drove him mad. Like constantly remembering how many fries were in his order at McDonald's--that sort of thing.

Anyway, I also have synesthesia to a mild degree--mostly in the way that sounds process into visualized images in my mind. I also tend to "see" printed words in my mind when people speak them. (I think that's always helped with my spelling and memory.) Mostly, when this stuff manifests for me, it's not about sounds making tastes or colors, but shapes and patterns. I've always rather enjoyed it.

--------------------
You give pleasure to the feet, you give pleasure to the person.

Posts: 1297 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pjay
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pjay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, as for my foot fetish as it relates to synesthesia... I have always correlated the sight of delicious-looking raw beef steaks with the sight of delicious-looking girls' feet. In particular, feet make me crave meat, and vice versa. Specifically, rib steaks and shell steaks, mostly. Even the shape of a shell steak (also called a NY strip steak) is, to me, reminiscent of a foot! [Mmm]

--------------------
You give pleasure to the feet, you give pleasure to the person.

Posts: 1297 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yungfootman:
one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway

oh yes indeed, i have this problem with my foot fetish.

often times when i see a really hot chic with nice feet, i just can't help but to be led down the cognitive pathway where my mind forces me to think what it would be like to lick & smell her feet.

and even worse is that i absolutely cannot control it. i see hot chic and i see her feet, and if they are nice, i am automatically thinking: "my oh my, i would certainly like to lick & sniff"

does this mean i'm a freak? what have medical studies shown about those conditions? does anyone know? i really need to know if they consider me a freak, medically [Cry]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toe Sucker II
Serious Sniffer
Member # 1720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toe Sucker II   Email Toe Sucker II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pjay:
I've read about synesthesia and I also heard a very interesting radio program about it once. There was a guy who was very severely afflicted, and he also had a stupendous "photographic memory" (what's the word... "eidetic"?) But these conditions were, according to the radio program, a curse for him. He was never able to forget anything, and it kinda drove him mad. Like constantly remembering how many fries were in his order at McDonald's--that sort of thing.

Anyway, I also have synesthesia to a mild degree--mostly in the way that sounds process into visualized images in my mind. I also tend to "see" printed words in my mind when people speak them. (I think that's always helped with my spelling and memory.) Mostly, when this stuff manifests for me, it's not about sounds making tastes or colors, but shapes and patterns. I've always rather enjoyed it.

I can relate to this. I have a mild degree of synesthesia where I can't forget phone numbers and registration plates of cars. I can link them to a smell of that year/period of time.

For foot fetish. I don't know - I just go weak at the knees and have a massive boner! Need to wank off as soon as possible.

--------------------
Sweaty Stinky Cheesey Female Feet is my idea of heaven.

Posts: 3602 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys, most of your examples are not synaethesia. Toe Sucker II, you have memory associations which is very very common especially with smell which has been found to be the sense that can evoke the strongest memories. I'm not going to even address Tyler's post.. so.. Pjay, also you just have an image/memory association. Detroit, you very well might have a visual/taste form of synaethesia.

yungfootman, how exactly have do you feel that your foot fetish has synaethesia elements? the color-sound one is obviously a classic example, but i dont understand how feet fit in.

i, unfortunately, do not have any form of it, but have been fascinated by it for years and have read books on it as well as watched documentaries about it. the eidactic memory side really is not the same as someone with a true photographic memory. when you are able to group different senses to experiences, it makes memory recall all that much easier. it's a similar condition but not exactly the same.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeTrOiT
All Pro Poster
Member # 37598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeTrOiT   Email DeTrOiT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never really thought much about it...It's not like food taste...well not exactly...You know when you bite into a slice of lemon and you....(well...I) get that pain from the tart taste under the sides of my tongue waaay in the back and bottom...Well that's where I KIND OF TASTE the sound at...Years ago I went to see Pat Matheny (jazz guitar great) and it seemed like he was (tasting) the music like I do...It's weird because I really joined this site to learn about other people and found out much more about myself...I love this place! Lol...

--------------------
...Flawless and Perfect in every way...When I grow up..I'M MOVING TO BRAZIL...lol

Posts: 507 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yungfootman
Board Regular
Member # 15493

quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:

yungfootman, how exactly have do you feel that your foot fetish has synaethesia elements? the color-sound one is obviously a classic example, but i dont understand how feet fit in.

I don't necessarily feel my foot fetish has synaesthesia elements to it. The point I was trying to make was that some people believe a foot fetish is a form of synaesthesia. In my case, this might be true. I was just curious to see if anyone else with a foot fetish also has this condition as well.
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i understood what you meant, i just dont understand how they could say that its a form of synaethesia. where's the crossover sensations? do they see feet and taste cheese? [Laugh]

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yungfootman
Board Regular
Member # 15493

lol I guess they're looking at what goes on in the brain instead of the experience itself.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links