Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » taking candids is illegal? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: taking candids is illegal?
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
[QUOTE]

I ain't got a website so I don't sell but use mine for personal pleasure... But if you find your feet for sale and can prove it's yours then grab your lawyer and duke-it-out...

SubZero performed a... FATALITY! [Laugh]

This is debate is going to get interesting the more heated it gets.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the situation of an outdoor event where there are barefooted women? An ethnic festival, perhaps.
Since it's a free public event, there should be no problem about photos, right?

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevin1
Board Regular
Member # 23238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevin1   Email kevin1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys know what's going to happen..The powers that be will look at foot enthusiasts and up skirt pic takers as both being the same. And if you need to take photos try not to be so obvious, my old girlfriend was okay with my passion for her feet but not with the attention from other men.
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLipsch
All Pro Poster
Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLipsch   Email DLipsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like we've said previously, it all depends where it's being held. (Again, I'm talking about U.S. law here.)

If the event is being held on public property, such as a city park or a municipal stadium, then you're fine. The courts have upheld your right to photograph anything you see.

If the event is being held on private property, such as a farm or an amusement park, then you might face some issues if someone of authority (such as the landowner or someone acting on his/her behalf) tells you to stop. But if you're at an event where photos are being taken anyway, who's gonna know? I mean, you're not stalking them or putting your camera lens only three inches away from their feet, right?

In a nutshell, gang, here are the basic legal considerations regarding photography: If the person you are photographing is in a public place, they're fair game. Conversely, if you are in a public place, you may photograph anyone you see from your vantage point, even if they're on private property.

Anything that you can reasonably see while you're in public is fair game -- including someone standing naked in their window, if they're visible from, say, the street. Just remember the word "reasonably" -- you can't, for example, climb a tree or set up a ladder to take pictures. That's a different set of problems entirely.

Also, be absolutely sure you know what a public place is. Contrary to popular belief, businesses and parking lots are not public places. A public place is any facility that's owned by the city, county, state or federal government (such as a road, subway or City Hall). You should be aware that a sidewalk often is NOT a public space. In many cases, landowners are obligated by law to have and maintain a sidewalk on their property and to make it accessible to the public, but it is not technically a public space.

Of course, there are exceptions, particularly regarding harassment (such as "upskirt" photos) and permission for commercial photography (those taken to sell or for business purposes), but those really don't apply here.

Also, if you intend to publish the photos, that opens up another can of worms. But if you're only trying to find out where you can and cannot take pictures, I've given you what you need to know.

That said, I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV, either, so I am not offering legal advice. But I do professionally know what the law allows in most circumstances. (No, I'm not saying what I do for a living.)

Folks, just use your heads here. Don't make a nuisance of yourselves and don't be blatant about what you're doing and you'll be fine. If someone tells you to stop, then please stop. And if you've created a scene where the police step in, whatever you do, don't go all "First Amendment" on them ... because, as the saying goes, "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride." In other words, you might have the law behind you, but you'll still have to get a judge to agree with you.

You should be aware of your rights, but you should also be equally aware of your responsibilities.

Cheers,
DL

P.S. -- This entire thread is a boner kill.

[ June 03, 2007, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: dicklipschitz ]

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
If it was illegal to take pictures without consent, there would be no such thing as paparazzi.

I like that analogy.
Very true. That makes perfect sense in my book.

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by markymark88:
also isnt morally wrong to record others or take pictures of others without them knowning"

i heard somewhere on the net that the answer to this is "no", so indulge yourself but don't do it in a perverted way cuz moral might change then

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links