Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Why people are afraid to admit it (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why people are afraid to admit it
secksrocks
Major Player
Member # 30999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secksrocks   Email secksrocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People think it's weird because the media portrays us as weirdos. When I see someone with a foot fetish in movies, they are always some freak who wants to lick a stranger's feet on a bus, or some guy who only pays attention to the feet during sex and ignores all other aspects of his woman's beautiful, sexy body.

First off, any guy who wants to lick any body part of a stranger is a weirdo whether it be feet, fingers, or cheeks! But they make it seem like they're freaks for liking feet! That's not the weird part, licking a stranger is the weird part!!!

Second, I'm sure I can speak for most of us when I say that although we like feet, we still appreciate the rest of the female body, don't we?? I know I do.

Another thing is that people think of gross fungus toe jam when they think of feet. I don't know what kind of people they associate with, but the majority of women I see take care of their feet and make them look pretty as hell. And if they didn't, I wouldn't be attracted to their toe jam either!

I have to admit, none of my friends know I have a foot fetish, and I had trouble letting my girlfriend know about it too. And I only let her know because her feet were too pretty to deny! But everytime I watch a movie with her, and some foot freak comes on, I know she's probably thinking I'm a weirdo like the guy on TV (she hates feet).

However, I must say, finding this forum has helped me feel less self conscious about my foot fetish and helped me accept it as something normal. Before finding this place, I was much more embarrassed about it.

As far as Brenda Song's feet go... I've never actually paid attention to her feet before. But I must say, she is very attractive overall. [Smile] )

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pose-lover
Board Regular
Member # 4038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pose-lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadixx:
impale you to a giant wooden foot and burn you alive?

This is just about the funniest thing I ever read. [Smile]

Just to clarify, I am an adult myself. I'm late 30's. Like I said, I stumbled across it and fully note they they were probably pre-21. However, I've known since I was about 15. A buddy of mine used to suck on his girlfriend's toes in front of people and I kinda thought it was interesting/cool/hot. From there I had flashbacks of staring at my neighbor's feet when I was younger and never knowing why. Point is I've obviously had some sort of attraction to feet before the age of 15 and finally came to understand it then. Others also realize at a pre-adult age and if they are made to feel it's weird they may never be able to accept/enjoy it. I'm pretty open now but that's because I just don't give a damn what people think. Not everybody is like that, though, and the thread I linked just shows why. Just pointing out an observation.

PL

[ June 24, 2008, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: pose-lover ]

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuckyTeen
Elite Trooper
Member # 30822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuckyTeen   Email LuckyTeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confidence has a lot to do with it, also the fact many people discover their attraction for feet at a young age they may already be slightly confused and unsure. Being brought up that feet are dirty and that.

But I think it's more so the bad press feet lovers get, if there is some idiot you does something totally disrespectful to a woman to get to her feet a stereotype is made unfortunately.

And it's not true that foot men only get hard for the foot (some do) but liking feet doesn't mean you need them.

--------------------
There is nothing more heavenly than the smell of a female foot ^_^

Picture shows foot worship...mmm.

Posts: 311 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLipsch
All Pro Poster
Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLipsch   Email DLipsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's uncomfortable because it's not common, statistically speaking. But awareness is growing, and people's comfort levels are improving, generally speaking.

There's a difference between "kink" and "obsession." Unfortunately, guys with obsessions are the ones who make headlines.

I say a "kink" can make you interesting, can add another dimension to your personality, as long as you're discreet about who you share it with. Several of my friends and a few of my coworkers (it's a tight-knit office) know I appreciate a great pedicure and a well-turned heel. But they also know me as good at my job, an loyal friend, an aspiring chef, a lousy singer, a would-be comedian and an avid golfer. They don't consider me as "that foot freak."

As long as people know you for something other than your sexual proclivity, consider yourself in good shape.

If others say, "Hey, there's John Smith -- he's an accountant, has a big collection of ELO records, drives a Mustang, really talented on the grill, travels to Canada every year, went to Harvard, could dress better, does volunteer work at the humane shelter, and, oh, yeah, he has a thing for women's feet," then you should be fine.

If others say, "That John Smith guy, all he does is stare at women's feet," then you've got problems.

But you could say the same thing for any other part of the female anatomy, really.

Just one man's opinion.

Cheers,
DL

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one thing that no one has mentioned is the lack of understand 'normals' have in this. as others have said, homosexuality is, overall, viewed with less disgust than a foot fetish and i think part of that reason might lie in that in some way it makes sense. of course i am not saying that a hetero is gonna have the same urges as a homo, but the basis is the same. someone with a thing for round asses.. that makes sense.. asses are a sexual area. someone has a thing for big boobs or small boobs.. again, its directly sexual. feet though? how the hell that be sexual in anyway? its not what most people can make a direct relation.

i hope i made sense, cause it all made sense in my head.. the voices told me so.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadixx
Board Regular
Member # 22316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,the press coverage is pretty derogatory,they always seem to focus more on the fact that the person likes feet other than the fact that the person licked a total strangers feet. Liking feet is not weird,licking a total stranger is. The media always trys to make it out like we are creepy little trolls who sneak around in the dark molesting womens feet. Which 'most' of us are not.

The thing about admitting your fetish is to just be confident about it. If you make it out to someone like it is weird,then chances are they are going to think its weird. But if you act like its normal,then most people will just assume it is normal. Sure on occasion someone will ask you a couple of questions about it,but nobody ever jumps on a bull horn and announces "HEY EVERYBODY!! THIS GUY LIKES FEET!! HES A WEIRDO!" to everyone within a 2 mile radius. In fact it often leads to interesting encounters,because a lot of girls are curious about it after you tell them. So,dont be afraid of your fetish,embrace it. You will be much happier in life if you do. Take it from me,I used to be terrified of anyone finding out I liked feet. Then one day I decided I didn't care and that it wasn't a big deal.

I admitted it to a few female friends I had known since like 5th grade and after that ,on separate occasions I have gotten to mess around with each of their feet several times. Admitting it is NOT a bad thing. I mean,dont just blurt it out in random conversation...

"HEY EVERYBODY,I LIKE TO SNIFF GIRLS FEET!"

ya that might make you seem a little odd.

I mean,you dont have to come out of the foot fetish closet like your gay or something and announce it to the entire world. But you don't have to be afraid to tell anyone,especially girlfriends. I have never had a chick turn me down and ridicule me for it,and I have been with a lot of girls. If anything they are always curious about it. Just look at it this way..if you have a girlfriend,and she wont let you touch her feet,do you really want her as a girlfriend anyway? The sooner you admit it to them,the less time you will be wasting on some narrow minded bitch anyway.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pose-lover:
The reactions are enough to scare anybody into not wanting to admit. ...
... Damn shame.

Damn shame indeed. But at least through those public showings, we are reminded of those real world truths that do exist out there. Sad but true [Cry]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foot prince:
Be confident in who you are and what you are and everything else will fall in place. If they look at you sideways when you state you like feet, smile and chuckle like they're the ones on the outside looking in. The more you let them pigeonhole you into being some freak and you accept it...then it will be done. Man up and let these ladies know how beautiful their feet are. There is a reason you see a majority of the girls with nice, well-maintained, pedicured feet. Subliminally they know it's an erotic part of the body...it's up to you to bring it out and let them know. My 2 pennies

FP

This is on point. Stick to your what makes you happy, folks. There are people who just don't get it. Being different to the norm DOES NOT make us weird. Remember that and stick to your guns.

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i skimmed.. and one point sticks out.. one person said that liking feet isn't that common, statistically speaking? it's the number one fetish in the entire world. the most popular, the most had.. the most relate-able! yet.. the most 'hushed' one!!!

i only thank the media for that!

but as LuckyAndre has totally shown.. it's not all that big a deal. with confidence, even the most self-concious gals will let you close to their feet (look how he took one for the team in the pic section!)

RPM

p.s. by the way.. if you look at teen views.. the ones who are most open to feet (a lot more than you think) are the least likely to go on DisneyTeen type forums to begin with!

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secksrocks
Major Player
Member # 30999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secksrocks   Email secksrocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey RPM, I heard the same thing, that the foot fetish is the most common. However, I have been unable to find evidence to back that claim up. Do you have a link or something where I can find that statistic?
Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLipsch
All Pro Poster
Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLipsch   Email DLipsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RPM:
one person said that liking feet isn't that common, statistically speaking?

That was me. And, statistically speaking, it's not. According to psychological research, only about 15 to 18 percent of the human population engages in some kind of foot-related sexual interest (fetish, kink or otherwise).

Don't get me wrong ... that's a very sizable number. But given that it's an unexplored concept for about 85 percent of the human population, it's in a statistical minority. That's just math, not a judgment.

Happy to live in the statistical minority for nearly 40 years.

Cheers,
DL

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there might be another link.. i'll have to look for it and post it.

now.. yes 15% is not much sounding.. howevr.. if memory is working ok for me, that is the largest percentage of any one given fetish or kink. no other shares that much population share!!!

and when you extend the word to general usage... and allow accessories like nail polish and heels to factor in.. there is nothing else that gets so much world wide appreciation than feet!

but.. we're still a minority. and more folks are hushed about it because they think it's that much more a minority.

RPM

p.s. if i don't find it first, it was posted here before in discussion.

by the way.. this link is about heels.. found this link the same time i ran into the other one.. but can't find the other one yet
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/heels-are-the-worlds-no-1-fetish-437802.html

[ June 25, 2008, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: RPM ]

--------------------

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLipsch
All Pro Poster
Member # 127

quote:
Originally posted by RPM:
there might be another link.. i'll have to look for it and post it.

now.. yes 15% is not much sounding.. howevr.. if memory is working ok for me, that is the largest percentage of any one given fetish or kink. no other shares that much population share!!!

and when you extend the word to general usage... and allow accessories like nail polish and heels to factor in.. there is nothing else that gets so much world wide appreciation than feet!

but.. we're still a minority. and more folks are hushed about it because they think it's that much more a minority.

RPM

p.s. if i don't find it first, it was posted here before in discussion.

by the way.. this link is about heels.. found this link the same time i ran into the other one.. but can't find the other one yet
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/heels-are-the-worlds-no-1-fetish-437802.html

yeah, i was speaking strictly about the numbers.

then we could get into the whole definition of "fetish." in literal, psychological terms, a fetish is something that someone NEEDS for sexual gratification -- a fixation upon an object whose absence makes it impossible for them to achieve orgasm.

in everyday terms, "fetish" is used colloquially as a synonym for "kink" or "appreciation" or "enjoyment." i might say in an offhand manner that i have a foot fetish, but the truth of the matter is that i'm simply kinky ... i can still get off with traditional tab A/slot B sex. if you absolutely have to involve feet in the action, you've got a fetish. that's what the shrinks say, anyway.

using the most conservative definition of the word, foot fetishes might be the most common fetish, but you've gotta figure the number of actual, honest-to-god fetishists out there is relatively small. a more liberal interpretation might allow for something such as bondage or dominance or crossdressing -- all of which i suspect have a wider participation rate than foot lovin'.

using the common definition, i don't think there's any question that the whole wide spectrum of footdom -- feet, shoes, stockings, polish, jewelry -- collectively is the largest kink in western culture. but, still, compared to the rest of the world, our numbers are low.

cheers,
dl

RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

that about sums it up. but one thing of interst. if the numbers are low.. and it's the biggest category of kink.... means most folks don't have kinks at all.. just strictly numbers speaking!

that would almost sound boring to most here on Wu's.. therefore.. we've got the most excitement going on!!!!

whatever the case may be..... there is a huge fashion industry out there that works super hard to get money from customers.. and all around the foot! (beit to dress it up, cover it up, guss it up)

RPM

p.s well put DL though! well put

--------------------

PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say most of my internet friends know I like them, cause I don't really care if they do, people I hang out with in real life don't know though, unless they've known and haven't told me that they do, or asked me about it. So if they do know, I doubt they care, but I don't plan on telling them anytime soon anyways. Girls used to notice I looked at their feet in middle school but that's quite a while back anyways, don't know if they'd still have any clues about that now that I don't talk to some of them very much.
Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links