Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » National Fashionistas -- The Season Premiere of Our Celebrity Contest Returns (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: National Fashionistas -- The Season Premiere of Our Celebrity Contest Returns
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Looking at the results after voting, I might have the touch this year. I wish I could pick hockey and football this accurately, I'd be a rich man. As it stands right now I've got every matchup right according to the results except for Aniston and Beckinsale which is tied (I have Beckinsale) and Stroup and Partridge. Anniston and Kate is tied at 25-25 so that one could still swing in my favor and I'm not really wrong on it, I'm just not right either because, well it's tied.. Partridge is up 31-19 on Stroup, but that could be in part due to the fact that people don't know who Stroup is. If I was in a hurry and voting based on the names, I'd have voted for Partridge in that one for sure considering she's gorgeous, her feet are spectacular and I have no idea who Stroup is. However after viewing the pictures, Stroup is increadable and I went with her for the upset. Doesn't look like that one's going to happen but as it stands right now I'm 14 for 16 or 14-1-1 with pleanty of time for Beckinsale to pull ahead to beat Aniston and make me 15 for 16. Of course alot can change and a few matchups that are close may end up swinging against me too but it was pretty cool to vote and see every result match my pick and the only one that I've got wrong is the one I predicted as a major upset and surprised myself with my vote on. Who is Jessica Stroup anyway? What's her claim to fame? I've never heard of her but after seeing her pics this week I certianly won't soon forget her.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so far to those who have taken the time to cast your votes. It means a lot to me to have people show their appreciation for this product. For those who are new voters to this game, I will give a history lesson as to what has been going on over the last two years of this game so that you can get the ideas and impressions about the story lines that have made this contest a soap opera that has one episode lead right into another. I will get into all of that this Saturday. Once you are given this history lesson, you will learn to appreciate this game a lot better and help us write new chapters in the lives and drams of these women.

----

For Drunk 24-7, Jessica Stroup is a special and beautiful find. I'm very happy in having the Fashionistas be the place where she can really earn her love and attention in Foot Fetish Hollwywood. There is no better place for her to expose herself under the biggest and brightest lights and the spectacle of the National Fashionistas.

Jessica Stroup is an actress who is best known for her role in the TV series 90210, alongside AnnaLynne McCord. Those two are great friends in real life.

It's great to have those two participate in this year's foot fetish fashion show.

----

Before I go, let me just take this time to pay tribute and celebrate the life that was once lived by Brittany Murphy.

Even though she was never in my contest, I had thoughts about putting her in this year's contest. But I never entertained that idea for too long. That was days before the news broke out about her death. What a sad moment for those closest to her and her fans alike.

She was given the hopes that she would turn out to be one of the more talented actresses, but those promises never quite came into its intuitions.

The New York Times --

The actress’s wide brown eyes and unrestrained, asymmetrical smile made her a frequent choice for the role of ditz with an edge — such as the urban transplant to a Beverly Hills high school in “Clueless” and the riches-to-rags au pair in “Uptown Girls” — or a woman over the edge, playing characters with severe mental illness in the thriller “Don’t Say a Word” and the drama “Girl, Interrupted.”

The 1995 teen comedy “Clueless,” an adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Emma” set in southern California and starring Alicia Silverstone, was a surprise hit, and though Ms. Murphy was 17 when she played the supporting role of Tai, the airhead persona stuck with her. It was her 2003 stint as the romantic lead in the Eminem vehicle “8 Mile,” she told The A.P., that earned her more recognition.

“That changed a lot,” she said in the 2003 interview. “That was the difference between people knowing my first and last name as opposed to not.”

Peter Travers of Rolling Stone said Ms. Murphy played the character of Alex “with hot desperation and calloused vulnerability. She’s dynamite.” But she was never a critics’ darling. Stephen Holden of The New York Times was among those who compared her unfavorably to other female contemporaries, writing that she “suggests a dumbed-down Meg Ryan with a gloss of Melanie Griffith” in the 2004 romantic comedy “Little Black Book.”

Ms. Murphy was born on Nov. 10, 1977, in Atlanta. Her parents divorced when she was very young, and her mother, Sharon, raised her primarily in New Jersey before bringing Ms. Murphy to Los Angeles to pursue a screen career.

But during the filming of “Clueless,” her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, an event Ms. Murphy said affected her profoundly.

When Sharon Murphy’s cancer returned in 2003, Ms. Murphy told People magazine that she “went to every doctor’s appointment and chemo session” with her mother. “My mom taught me there’s always a way to channel your fears into love.”

A diverse set of credits accumulated in Ms. Murphy’s filmography, including the tough, abused waitress in the gritty “Sin City,” a concentration camp victim in the television film “The Devil’s Arithmetic,” and the voice of an animated penguin in “Happy Feet.”

She also lent her voice to the character Luann on more the 200 episodes of Fox’s animated series “King of the Hill,” and collaborated on a song with the D.J. Paul Oakenfold.

“I don’t really take myself very seriously,” Ms. Murphy told The San Jose Mercury News in 2003. “I’ve never formally trained in acting, so I’m very instinctual and visceral with decisions. It hasn’t really been a plot or scheme in any way, shape or form.”

Indeed, her image often slipped beyond her control. She was repeatedly romantically linked to her co-stars, including Ashton Kutcher from “Just Married,” and a string of broken engagements made her tabloid fodder.

Ms. Murphy married Mr. Monjack in 2007. She is survived by him; her mother; her father, Angelo Bertolotti of Branford, Fla.; and a brother.

Brittany Murphy --

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img684.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img638.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/

The National Fashionistas will give you one last look of her feet. This can best illustrate of how well she's resting though peace --
http://img211.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/

Brittany Murphy, Aged 32

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by National:

Brittany Murphy --

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img684.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img638.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/nationalfashionistasbri.jpg/

The National Fashionistas will give you one last look of her feet. This can best illustrate of how well she's resting though peace --

Brittany Murphy, Aged 32

That piece on Brittany Murphy was worth being mentioned. It's nice that we go back to remember Murphy even though her death was a little more than a month ago. It was nice to bring her up again.

BTW, those pictures were even BETTER. I've never seen Brittany like that before. The first picture was great in that it gave us a nice angle of her feet. The last one, however, was masterful. It was only fitting that that pictures was the last one of the bunch. Her eyes being closed really holds a special place in your heart and that picture showed that she will be in great hands in heaven. Thanks for the tribute, National. Great way to help keep her in our memories.

Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footfetish&martini
Major Player
Member # 34060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footfetish&martini   Email footfetish&martini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy with the turnout so far. This game is amazing. Carmen is showing everyone that she still has it. Carmen Electra lives on.

And I agree with DSW. Nice tribute to Brittany Murphy. The best collage of pictures I have seen from her. Thanks so much for those amazing pictures. They were marvelous. The last one, especially.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footfetish&martini
Major Player
Member # 34060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footfetish&martini   Email footfetish&martini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome post from Drunk 24-7. It's great to hear from him. I'm not quite sure what to make of Megan's performance so far. Scarlett Johansson is hanging in there with her. After seeing how she DOMINATED the contest last year, I thought she would put on the performance that is similar to what Marisa Miller is doing. People might say that Paris Hilton is not all that great compared to Miller, which is why Miller has such a huge lead. In my opinion, that's true. But remember that Megan has put on that type of beating on girls better than Hilton last year. At least that's how I remember it. Maybe National has her stats and trends saved up in some database somewhere.

We'll see how things shape out for her. I predict she's gonna win this week, anyhow.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footfetish&martini
Major Player
Member # 34060

A correction on the comment Drunk 24-7 made. You said something on Lindsay Lohan about how she needs to get her act together if she hopes to be successful this year and defend her division title. Lindsay did make the playoffs last year, but it was as a wild card, not division champ. The champion of her division last year was ... Megan Fox (of course!).
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
Partridge is up 31-19 on Stroup, but that could be in part due to the fact that people don't know who Stroup is. If I was in a hurry and voting based on the names, I'd have voted for Partridge in that one for sure considering she's gorgeous, her feet are spectacular and I have no idea who Stroup is. However after viewing the pictures, Stroup is increadable and I went with her for the upset.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
Who is Jessica Stroup anyway? What's her claim to fame? I've never heard of her but after seeing her pics this week I certianly won't soon forget her.

National;s answer to your question is correct. Here she is:

http://craignj.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/90210-promotional-poster-1.jpg
http://ottawastreetstyle.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/90210-nylon-magazine-01.jpg (Jessica is on the far right, McCord is in the middle)
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6300000/90210-Poster-HQ-3-jessica-stroup-6326793-1248-1600.jpg (Jessica is, again, on the far right).
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2100000/Jessica-90210-jessica-stroup-2151185-893-1024.jpg (Once again on the far right).

Now you know who she is.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also pleased with Miranda Kerr's debut. Division IV of the AFC could be another division that will turn out to be a tight race to the finish, assuming Kerr and Longoria can get their wins. It's obvious Lima will win her match this week. That goes without question.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swman
Elite Trooper
Member # 11682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swman   Email swman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all Here's to another great year of this wonderful game of ours. National as always you put together an all star group of participants that seems to give us championship caliber matchups in almost every match. There were some tough ones and some surprising ones I had no idea how much I like Blake Lively's feet. Looking forward to how this year turns out.

--------------------
Chicago White Sox; Southside till I die

Posts: 432 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duffy
Major Player
Member # 33742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by swman:
First of all Here's to another great year of this wonderful game of ours. National as always you put together an all star group of participants that seems to give us championship caliber matchups in almost every match.

Absolutely.

People, I'm back in the mix and very pumped and excited about the third year of this contest (my second one participating in). YES, this feels good. It's here at last.

It was quite an adventure last year. What an even bigger adventure for our defending champion, Megan Fox. Drunk 24-7 made reference of how Megan did what the Patriots of 2007 couldn't do by completing the perfect season, going 19-0. What Megan Fox did was BETTER than those fucking 1972 OVERRATED Dolphins when they went 17-0. Mercury Morris doesn't have shit on Megan Fox. Megan kicked them out of that neighborhood of the undefeated, a neighborhood that was supposed to be taken over by those Patriots.

I was addicted to this game last year, and now myself, along with Megan Fox are back to to further support our fixes.

I'm here to make sure that Megan Fox wins this thing AGAIN this year. And if you, or anyone else does not want to see Megan as your champion again, then I DARE you to do something about it. Try all you can to vote for whoever Megan's facing. Megan WILL take care of them. If you were a witness to how well Megan did last year, then you're just lying to yourself to even think that Megan will fall short of a championship this year. Boy, do I feel good already.

We're back to business. Megan is back in business. If your favorite is someone other than Megan, then you better hope that she does not face her. Especially if that girl's season depends on it.

Megan is already in the playoffs. She does not have to prove herself by going through another several months of this regular season. EVERYBODY knows she has her division won. You all know that she's going undefeated AGAIN. Megan has nothing to prove in the regular season.

In week one, she is going to clean up any leftovers that is left from Scarlett Johansson. Megan got rid of her in the playoffs last year, and now Megan will put an end to this little rivalry for good.

Marisa Miller? My fucking goodness, she's hot. But she doesn't want anything to do with the Fox. Audrina? That girl is smokin', no doubt. I'll vote for her as much as I can. But if she happens to get in Megan's way, Audrina is done.

And that's it. Megan Fox all the way.

And thanks, National for hyping this contest throughout the course of the offseason. It got me extra hyped for the return of our dream-come-true contest.

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Augustine
Board Regular
Member # 34045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Augustine   Email Augustine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like my Olivia Wilde is going to hold on to her lead and win her first match. This game is so exciting.

And I would also like to give thanks to the Brittany Murphy memory. Those pictures were done in great taste and it was very touching for you to do that for her.

I also agree that the last picture of Murphy is the one that will stand out above the others. That picture explains more about how at peace with herself she is than with any words we can use to describe it.

Thanks for sharing Brittany Murphy with us. I will never forget that last picture.

Responding to a comment made yesterday, yes, I do think Wilde will gave Alba a run for her money. Look out, Alba. Wilde will go Wilde on Alba.

This is nerve wrecking. I can't believe I'm calling out Alba. This challenge is not going to be easy for either girl. I'm nervous of the potential Alba can have in a contest like this. But we'll see.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Augustine:
It looks like my Olivia Wilde is going to hold on to her lead and win her first match. This game is so exciting.

And I would also like to give thanks to the Brittany Murphy memory. Those pictures were done in great taste and it was very touching for you to do that for her.

I also agree that the last picture of Murphy is the one that will stand out above the others. That picture explains more about how at peace with herself she is than with any words we can use to describe it.

Thanks for sharing Brittany Murphy with us. I will never forget that last picture.

Responding to a comment made yesterday, yes, I do think Wilde will gave Alba a run for her money. Look out, Alba. Wilde will go Wilde on Alba.

This is nerve wrecking. I can't believe I'm calling out Alba. This challenge is not going to be easy for either girl. I'm nervous of the potential Alba can have in a contest like this. But we'll see.

Olivia Wilde is my favorite to win the AFC. However, do not expect Jessica Alba to go down without a fight. I expect Alba to take this to the end with Olivia. I'll be watching that race with a lot of interest.
Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jensen
Major Player
Member # 33746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jensen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foot_fashion_industry:
I am also pleased with Miranda Kerr's debut.

You're not kidding. But I was rooting for Jessica Simpson to win that one. Doesn't look like she can pull this off. I never thought Kerr would get off to this type of lead. If anything, I thought this match between Simpson and Kerr would remain neck and neck to the very finish.

quote:
Originally posted by National:
This can best illustrate of how well she's resting though peace --

Brittany Murphy, Aged 32

I'm in love with that pictures. I've never seen her like that before. Thanks.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Augustine
Board Regular
Member # 34045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Augustine   Email Augustine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DSW:

Olivia Wilde is my favorite to win the AFC. However, do not expect Jessica Alba to go down without a fight. I expect Alba to take this to the end with Olivia. I'll be watching that race with a lot of interest.

It would be interesting to see how far those two will be at each other's throats. With the sex appeal Alba has, I think I have taunted someone as popular as Alba and I think that will be a wake up call for those who are rooting for her over Wilde. I think each girl cannot afford to lose a match. I feel that as soon one of them gets the lead in the standings, that that girl will do her everything she can within her power to hold on to that lead and not let go of it. Looks like both will win this week. I will be very interested to see who each one will face next week.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am quite pleased to see that the contest is back. i am even more pleased to see that paris is getting her ugly ass handed her harder than anyone else in the contest. [Laugh]

my favs of this season: ashley tisdale, kim kardashian, fergie, audrina patridge, and eliza dushku. that being said, i dont necessarily expect them to do that well. i judge these women based on their feet only and some of them just arent that popular or even that sexy in general.. but their feet.. yummy!

suprises to me this week: lima's win over emma stone, rihanna beating jolie (i do love that one tho), scarlett's strong showing against fox.

looks like a great season!

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links