Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » digital cameras (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: digital cameras
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canIsmellYourFeet:
quote:
Originally posted by blackHxC88:
i was thinking more "point and shoot" stuff like this...

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_020V003649185000P?prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12

cameras that you can get at walmart or kmart, mess with the controls a bit, and viola!!!

$450, huh? I'm of the mind anything about that much would HAVE have some modicum of quality, even coming from Kmart. Plus Fuji isn't some no name, either. Seems like a good purchase, but I would defer to the experts on this one. I know you can get a Canon that's exactly the same style for roughly the same price, give or take.
it's just an example, but I'm looking at cameras similar to that.
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I am interested in what GGN and the shoe store kid use. Their pics come out so nice and clear
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who's serious, I wouldn't bother with point&shoot cameras. Jpegs shot in auto with a stock lens aren't going to stand out much.

Really good pro gear is more affordable than ever these days.

Buy the best camera, lens, and lighting you can afford, read the instruction manuals, learn how to shoot manually in RAW, then develop a strong opinion/unique personal style.

"But that's too hard!!! I was looking for an easy answer!?" That's why cheapo consumer cameras are so popular.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesonface   Email solesonface   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goodguyneighbor:
For anyone who's serious, I wouldn't bother with point&shoot cameras. Jpegs shot in auto with a stock lens aren't going to stand out much.

Buy the best camera, lens, and lighting you can afford, read the instruction manuals, learn how to shoot manually in RAW, then develop a strong opinion/unique personal style.

"But that's too hard!!! I was looking for an easy answer!?" That's why cheapo consumer cameras are so popular.

I guess my thing is I was looking for something that takes better videos as opposed to jpegs...in a point and shoot. I guess that's impossible. I have a friend who has a clips4sale site that uses a TX7 (I think he's upgraded to a TX9) by Sony that does just that.

I guess it boils down to if you want to create videos in a studio, with props, lighting, all that, in which case you'd use probably one of the cameras YOU typically use. Or, if you're out and about, and the situation presents itself where you can take a vid (totally impromptu), wouldn't a point and shoot with good video capabilities be in order?

I defer to the expert, o great GoodGuyNeighbor. [Bow Down]

--------------------
Latina and Asian feet can't be beat! Hey that rhymed!

Posts: 1536 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of the p&s megazoom cams have video capability. My Canon SX20is shoots in 720p HD. Coupled with it's pretty impressive zoom capability and yes if you're out and about and want to capture a quick vid while getting in close you can certainly do it.

I've installed CHDK firmware (Canon Hack and development kit) on my p&s which gives me greater versatility when it comes to iso and shutter times over the original camera firmware. I can also shoot in raw format as well as superfine jpeg mode.

Ever try and carry around a dslr and zoom lens all day to get some shots a megazoom can?

Here's a funny youtube vid comparing a $500 megazoom vs. a $10,000+ dslr and lens....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnv9pRUJrU

[ May 01, 2011, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Scotty7493 ]

--------------------
Like my avatar pic? Apparently Imageshack loves female feet too!

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

quote:
Originally posted by goodguyneighbor:

well, it would be something of a start. it wouldn't be something that would be on the regular, just a hobby (i guess). it's not like i'm a professional and need something complicated but quality. so down the road it would be fantastic, but would a point and shoot be a logically short term option?
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blackHxC88:
I was searching through here and didn't see anything on the topic, so I might as well ask about it since I was curious

What digital camera do you guys (and by you guys, I mean the "pros" I.e. the bhe photographers) use for shots.

Also, any advice on what camera details to look for such as what's a decent MP or amount of optimal zoom to look for?

Most photogs are either Nikon or Canon. With full frame - 8 perforation 35mm Canons you can use real nice manual Zeiss glass.

But the trick is in the "system" not just the Canon/Nikon but the speed-lights and other accessories that work with it etc, and obviously not your stock 17-80mm f5.0 zoom lens or worse yet Tokina etc...

Mostly though in 35mm world - staying away from medium format, which is way different it's going to be Canon or Nikon, like 5D, 7D or D300 etc..

But most important factors are production design and lighting, these are foot photos, not head shots so the shallow DOF of full frame is not as important, especially if you want to get both feet and face into focus.

It's all about the lighting really, that and framing..

You can have a P&S K-mart camera and still come out with amazing shots.

These were shot with a Panasonic FX07 ($300.00)
http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/goddessmelanie.html

[ May 11, 2011, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Goddess Melanie ]

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links