Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » NFashionistas -- Season Nº.6 of Women in Modeling and Entertainment. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NFashionistas -- Season Nº.6 of Women in Modeling and Entertainment.
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caseman:
According to that list of Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, you pointed out that 1978 had the most cancellations. What was in that issue that offended so many people?

They were probably complaining about some girl in a bathing suit. You know how those complainers are.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18th Floor   Email 18th Floor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at Candice's pictures, you can tell she's more than ready to defend her title. My GOD, those pictures are so good! [Drool] Feet, bare breasts, open legs, this babe definitely brought the good this week to kick off this new season. This will go down as the first time that I will remember how a defending world champion looked in her pictures in her first match of the new season. I don't remember how Candice looked in Week 1 last year. Candice is leaving a great impression on us this week.

Mila has employed a great strategy against Kate in the opening week. For one thing, she has more feet pictures than Kate Upton. Secondly, she's reminding us that she's the Sexiest Woman Alive. She's doing what she can to distract us from Kate Upton. That Kate Upton media frenzy, however, might be too much for Mila to handle this week.

Posts: 448 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caseman:
According to that list of Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, you pointed out that 1978 had the most cancellations. What was in that issue that offended so many people?

In the 1978 edition of the Swimsuit Issue, Cheryl Tiegs appeared in a fishnet one-piece suit that left her nipples fully exposed. She was an instant star and was recognized everywhere.

Cheryl Teigs' famous/infamous Photo -- http://www.imagebam.com/image/78ff2e237364733#

If folklore is to be believed, that particular photo wasn't meant to appear in the magazine. The editors were aghast as hundreds of subscribers canceled their subscriptions. But it was all just a ploy. Years earlier, the magazine had taken to printing the hate mail generated by the special issue, and 1978 was no different, except that the volume of the hate mail had increased.

Like Playboy before them, the publishers and editors of Sports Illustrated used the notoriety and controversy to fuel interest in their magazine, and that business strategy is still used today, although it is much less controversial than in those beginning decades.

With all the heat generated by the Cheryl Tiegs photo, the editors had to make the issue seem hotter with each passing year, yet not cross that boundary from (somewhat) wholesome feminine sexuality to full-on adult entertainment. They wanted the issue to remain legally viewable by teens and titillating enough for adult men, but not so much that they might get into deep trouble with their wives if the sons were caught perusing its pages.

To this day, no other Swimsuit Issue has received more complaints and cancelled subscriptions from its readers.

--

OTHER NOTEWORTHY SIDENOTES

After years of complaints from subscribers protesting the Issue's objectification of women, Sports Illustrated offers subscribers an "opt-out" option, citing "good manners." That meant if subscribers wanted to see every issue but the swimsuits there was an option to have every issue except the one with the most skin. A year later, in 2006, eight models appeared on the cover, topless, with their hands covering important parts. I guess that was their way of poking fun at their subscribers?

Another controversy that was quite recent. The model was posing next to an American WWII-era fighter plane emblazoned with two swastikas. Denying that the shot is, in any way, pro-Nazi, S.I editors point out that each swastika represents a German fighter plane shot down by U.S. pilot, Lt. R. H. Parker. I think that picture appeared only on the internet version of the Swimsuit Issue and not the magazine itself.

Genevieve Morton -- http://www.imagebam.com/image/b2cddc237371337

-- National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18th Floor   Email 18th Floor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's great getting this history lesson on the Sports Illustrated issue. I can see how that last photo you showed can cause quite a stir and mess with people's emotions. However, the model who posed for that picture has got some FANTASTIC feet. I think a lot of foot guys can get past the fact that the place she posed on had some swastikas on them.

Nina Dobrev is another great find for this season. A very impressionable debut, I might add. The feet she has do not disappoint me and I can definitely see myself voting for her very often, as I did this week against Olivia. Olivia is winning now and will most likely hold on to her lead. If anything, I'm a bit encouraged by the fact that Nina has stuck in there and is gaining up on Wilde just a bit at a time. I think Olivia had a bigger lead on her at one point. As foot fashion industry mentioned before, she does look like Emmanuelle Chriqui. She also resembles Victoria Justice a little bit as well. I think she'll be a bigger hit than Chriqui and will have a say in that division before the season's over.

I love her second set of pictures where she posed in that Ocean Drive article because you also showed the shoes she posed in. That has always been a great thing about this contest. And you also give the dimensions of the shoes themselves and how much a woman would have to pay to wear them. You also did that with Olivia Wilde's red high heel pump she wore in her second set of pictures. But I went with Nina this week.

We're still watching with interest that Rosie match against Irina and that Bar Refaeli match against Marisa Miller. Overall, I think the AFC had better matches this week. And Jessica Lowndes looks poised to have an even better year, and that's very good to know. Her feet are one of the best in here.

Posts: 448 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RETWEETS

Eva Longoria -- If you figured it all out today, what would be the point of tomorrow? ENJOY the process of being a work in progress.

Maggie Grace -- Dark cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

ORIGINAL TWEETS

Olivia Wilde -- What are my chances of ending up on a sex offender list if I'm watching kids ice skate while slowly eating this delicious doughy pretzel?

Kate Upton -- OMG! I just walked into a store and saw this...Love it! Haha https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BC6S3MTCcAAWNqf.jpg:large

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

When I think of the many times this contest has brought forth the good and has given us many great moments over the years, I swear that this has been one of the more entertaining weeks I've ever been a part of in this contest's history. I'll never forget it and I certainly want to thank National for all the hard work and dedication he takes to putting this thing together. Things have improved when you compare this week to Week 1 of last year. The links to these galleries are much more organized because in each gallery, some pictures are bigger than others, making it look much more presentable. One of them that comes to mind is that of Olivia Wilde's. Even though I didn't vote for her this week, her gallery looks real neat.

The videos were so much fun to look at. Even though they didn't show feet, they were real fun to look at, as it brings these women to life and you get a sense of their personalities. That Rosie Huntington-Whiteley video was shown at the right time being that it was about Valentine's Day. I love how when you click on the youtube links, a full screen automatically pops up, making it feel more like you're watching a movie. You're not distracted with all the comments below and all the related videos to the right side of the page.

While the videos is not a new feature, what was also new was the fact there were little passages attached to some of the girls before you clicked on their pictures. That was cool.

The Sports Illustrated history timeline was awesome. Looking at that list was like looking at a list of people who won the Royal Rumble over the course of history. A history of hotness.

Thanks, National. I look forward to seeing how the rest of the year turns out to be. Even though my favorite girl is going to lose to Audrina this week, there's still so much time left before the girls fill their playoff spots.

DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marisa Miller lost to a new comer who might be on the verge of taking her spot as queen of the AFC. A very big moment when someone who doesn't lose, lose a match. Irina goes down in Week 1. All sings point to this being a long season in this contest. I thought McCarthy would win even though I stayed loyal to Megan Fox. Perhaps she's not losing people from her fanbase as people might expect.

And Candice Swanepoel mean's business. She's National's girl, his Number 1 marketing tool and she's going to make sure that stays that way. After all, he did make her the official symbol of a class that was named after him, I suppose. I mean, did you see how she beat Aniston?

A lot of big wins for a lot of these girls. You just don't know where things are headed. I think the matches next week will make things even more fucked up, if you ask me. With how this week opened, things might get worse before they get better for some of these girls.

quote:
Originally posted by DSW:
Some very good matches to start off a new season. One of my favorites of this week involves Jessica Lowndes against Selena Gomez. Every time I look at her, I can't help but to think how great she is. I love her face, the way she poses for the pictures, her feet, just about everything. She proved to be a very tough person to beat last year and I'm hoping for better things to come out of her.

I was talking about Jessica Lowndes, in case people were wondering. Sorry for not making myself clear.
Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

The best thing about Week 1 is that everyone jumps to conclusions about how the year is going to turn out. If your girl wins in Week 1, you think she's on top of the world. If your girl loses in Week 1, you start to panic as if she doesn't know which way is up. Even I have jumped to conclusions about what can happen based on Week 1 performances.

But it is my job to also calm people's nerves a bit because Week 1 is just that: it's only Week 1, ladies and gentlemen. If you're that upset or disappointed that one of your favorites lost in Week 1, or if you thought she might go undefeated this season, then my condolences.

Just remember that we have a long way to go before the champion is crowned this year. Each girl has 16 matches over the course of 17 weeks, meaning that each girl will get a week off. Then we have the playoffs, which takes another month to get through. A Week 1 loss, even though is a tough pill to swallow, just remember that we're just beginning the new season.

Now, if she starts 0-3, 1-4 or something like that, then you can start to worry.

----

THE STANDINGS

(The first number next to each name is for the number of wins. The second number stands for her losses. The third is for the number of ties. The last number is her winning percentage.)

American Female Class

Division I

Jessica Alba 1-0-0-1.000
Olivia Wilde 1-0-0-1.000
Nina Dobrev 0-1-0-.000
Selena Gomez 0-1-0-.000

Division II

Bar Refaeli 1-0-0-1.000
Maria Menounos 1-0-0-1.000
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 1-0-0-1.000
Marisa Miller 0-1-0-.000

Division III

Carmen Electra 1-0-0-1.000
Jessica Lowndes 1-0-0-1.000
Kim Kardashian 0-1-0-.000
Stacy Keibler 0-1-0-.000

Division IV

Eva Longoria 1-0-0-1.000
Abigail Clancy 0-1-0-.000
Jenny McCarthy 0-1-0-.000
Irina Shayk 0-1-0-.000

--

National Female Class

Division I

Kate Upton 1-0-0-1.000
Ashley Tisdale 0-1-0-.000
Jennifer Aniston 0-1-0-.000
Mila Kunis 0-1-0-.000

Division II

Audrina Patridge 1-0-0-1.000
Victoria Justice 1-0-0-1.000
Katy Perry 0-1-0-.000
Kristen Stewart 0-1-0-.000

Division III

Brooklyn Decker 1-0-0-1.000
Candice Swanepoel 1-0-0-1.000
Megan Fox 1-0-0-1.000
Petra Němcová 0-1-0-.000

Division IV

Heidi Klum 1-0-0-1.000
Maggie Grace 1-0-0-1.000
Jennifer Hawkins 0-1-0-.000
AnnaLynne McCord 0-1-1-.000

----

We are back in full swing, as we plant the seeds of what will become another season of spellbinding proportions. The ladies have enjoyed a very long off-season and now everyone is back to work and ready to implant and solidify the standards of the prestige and privilege of what it's like to be a member of the National Fashionitas.

We begin this week with Bar Refaeli. Last June when I unveiled Bar Refaeli as the first overall pick in The Draft, it was with the idea and vision that she would be The Image that would guide this event into a new direction of the promising future for the Fashionitas. It has been a long time coming for Bar to be in this contest, and I felt that this was the right time in moment for her to be an over zealous model in the hopes of fulfilling her description as a leader of the Fashionistas.

She has made her immediate impact right from the beginning. In a match that will be held as one of the most eventful or meaningful match in this contests' history, Bar Refaeli has walked down the boardwalk and accepted the challenge to face her rival and the Official Symbol of the AFC. She has faced the challenge and passed through with excellent praise from the evaluation table of judges. Bar Refaeli has stepped through the curtains and defeated the Queen Bee of her class, defeated Marisa Miller.

The fact that this win has come on her first match of her career, at a time when Marisa is defending her AFC championship, is breaking news-worthy. Since the start of Season 3, Marisa has won more matches than anyone else, which made her virtually inconceivable to beat.

A bit of a history lesson for those who are new to this contest before I get back to Refaeli. Marisa Miller is one of the few women who have been on the original roster when this contest began with Season 1 back in 2008. Anyone who's been a fan since the third season has seen the influence she has been to the AFC. For anyone who hasn't been here for Season 1, it will be hard to believe that Marisa was one of the worst performers that year, which explained her absence in Season 2. I needed an Official Symbol to represent the AFC in time for the third season, and felt that Marisa would fit the bill better than anyone else. I brought her back and she has delivered since. Even though she has won more matches than anyone else since 2010, the biggest knock against her is that she has been to the Finals Classic two times and has lost both of them.

Back to the present moment. Going to the backstage area after this loss to Refaeli in Week 1 to start off new season as the AFC champion is not good. As the AFC champion, you cannot let an upstart with such a promising career here to show you off in front of the whole world in her first career match. The only way this win will be remembered for a long time is if Bar manages to finish ahead of Marisa in the standings, preferably as the new ... division ... champion. The only way people will forget about this win is if Marisa comes back and makes life for Bar Refaeli miserable to the point she's the one responsible for getting rid of her from making the playoffs or eliminating her from the playoffs. Marisa needs to have the last laugh for people to forget about this. Until then, Refaeli has set the Bar.

--

THE NEXT BIG THING IS STILL HERE

Other than Megan Fox, I don't think there's been anyone else who has been suck a rookie sensation and has made such a meaningful impact with her immediate presence than Kate Upton last year. There was a time when I first introduced everyone here to Kate Upton as someone who would be a new participant to this contest. That was almost eight months before Sports Illustrated did her a huge favor by putting her on the map for the world to know. Eight months! That was at a time when practically no one in the male population knew who she was or even had the time to care about her one way or the other. I knew she was going to be the Next Big Thing. However, I did not know that she was going to become so popular as quickly as she did. In fact, going into last season, I though she would have a mediocre year at best. Even if she had a losing season, I was going to stick with her no matter what because I knew that her time would come.

Last year, she was way ahead of schedule and she's still the Next Big Thing. Last year, she made the playoffs with a 16-0 record before getting bounced from the playoffs by Candice Swanepoel, the woman who went on to successfully defend her world championship.

To see what Kate Upton did to Mila Kunis to start off this new season was just mind boggling! I mean, this is MILA KUNIS we're talking about. You don't just do something like that to someone like her. Mila Kunis was brought here to take over the NFC, and she's not going to leave until she feels that she's done that. Between her and Kate Upton, Mila is not likely to be scared about anything because her attitude is not bubbly pop the way Kate Upton's persona is. To beat Mila Kunis is like setting off a detonator because she will go off when you piss her off!

But to see Mila look foolish in front of the would make Kate Upton as the only woman who has done that. I do not think that this was Kate Upton's way of expressing her anger after being eliminated from the playoffs the year before. This was Kate Upton just having a good time at a party. The scary part about this whole thing is that she's just 20 years old, a few years shy of reaching her prime! Can you imagine what THAT would be like?

----

Speaking of Kate Upton, it certainly helped her case to be graced on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue for the second year in a row.

The Swimsuit Issue event has become a big part of The Fashionistas' tradition in what makes this contest more compelling and entertaining than any other foot celebrity contest.

Let me just say something important real quick. Having that magazine dominate the discussion in the Opening Week of this new season, even though that magazine does not specifically cater to guys who are foot admirers, it is still an interesting discussion to have because the some of the women involved are the same ones who are in this contest, and women who would've been involved had the internet been invented back in the 1960s. Even though feet are not involved when bringing up this subject in here, it is still fun to talk about because not only is this a foot contest, it is also about women who are involved in the modeling and entertainment business. It provides entertainment from women who are swimsuit models, incorporated to how things might turn out in this foot contest.

Things like this is like a sideshow attraction, a side dish from the main course, dessert or appetizer, if you will.

This is a foot contest, first and foremost. However, we also discuss the Swimsuit Issue because it highlights the women who are directly involved in this contest. It's eye candy, it's entertaining. It's because of the Swimsuit Issue that has made Irina Shayk as popular as she is today in this contest.

The history lesson on the Swimsuit Issue, the history list of women who graced the cover, the page-by-age archive of the first-ever issue explains why this foot contest also celebrates the value of what is entertaining.

This also explains why I show videos that have nothing to do with feet. It is done so because it's sexy, provocative, and entertaining. Entertainment is a concept that anyone else who has ever fan a foot celeb contest has never been able to grasp or understand. That's why they failed. For this contest to venture out of feet for just a little bit to explore other entertaining bits and pieces is what has made The Fashionistas ... Number 1.

Just for the record, the only woman to lose her match on the same week that she was featured on the cover of the Swimsuit Issue was Marisa Miller back in Season 1.

--

IN OTHER NEWS....,

Megan Fox now extends the all-time best record for Week 1 performances. She's now 5-0 in Week 1 matches.

--

Of course, we end the week with someone who is the period of the end of the sentence: Candice Swanepoel.

There's not a whole lot to be said about her match against Aniston this week other than the fact that she made mincemeat out of her and has basically deleted her from memory, even if it was just for this week. For Aniston, all she has to do is just simply forget about the whole thing and start all over again in Week 2. She can still make some impact in her division, considering that Tisdale and Kunis also lost this week. Upton is in another world right now and Aniston should just back off of that. The best she can hope for is for someone else to beat Upton and for her to kick that person while she's down. Until that happens, Aniston should think about a wild card and not a division title.

Anyway, for Candice, this was one of the best examples of target practice that I've ever seen. As the defending TWO-time world champion, you are certainly on top of the world and you're perspective on how the game works and all the politics that go with it is an advantage. However, being a two-time champion means that you've painted an even BIGGER target on your back. Getting to the top of the mountain is a lot easier than it is to stay on top, because on top ... there's only room for one person. Everyone else below you is looking to push you off. There's strength in numbers, and one against the world does not favor you.

Right now, it's too early to talk about a dynasty when it comes to Candice. To be considered a dynasty, you have to win at least three championships in five years. You can also do be a dynasty by winning three championships in six years, if that third championship came on the sixth year, especially if you've been dominant in the years you haven't won the championship. Candice Swanepoel is 2-for-2.

Until someone else can prove otherwise, the National Fashionistas starts and finishes with Candice Swanepoel.

--

Thanks to everyone for making this week very active and exciting. This week has meant so much to me and I will remember this Week 1 more than any other. I really made sure to put forth the effort to come through with a presentation with was professional and done with such care that no one else would have the time and care to do so the same way.

Week 2 is Tuesday night.

-- National

[ February 16, 2013, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links