Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » National Fashionistas -- Week 7. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: National Fashionistas -- Week 7.
18th Floor
Elite Trooper
Member # 35007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18th Floor   Email 18th Floor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the one hand I don't like the rule change because some girl could get screwed out of the playoffs because not all the voters will get the chance to vote on the matches, which might skew the results a bit. But on the other hand, I see where you're coming from in that it gives the women an incentive to really push hard to be one of the top seeds. It also makes the regular season more exciting to watch, especially towards the end to see who wins the race to get the top two seeds. Kate Upton, Candice Swanepeol, Audrina Patridge, and Heidi Klum all have shots at being one of the top two. None of them have two losses yet.

It also can make the wild card race more compelling because sometimes two girls in one division are dominating the field like Rosie and Bar. If both are towards the top in best records by the end of the season, one of them will get the bye while the other one will have her season in jeopardy all of a sudden because one minute she could've had that bye, the next minute she's in the first round in a match that could be over right at the moment where it's about to get real exciting.

foot fashion industry is correct about baseball using a similar system in their playoffs. Sometimes the underdog teams that get lucky in the first round goes on to actually win the World Series. Let's see if something similar happens here. In this new system, it's very possible that Kristen Stewart can luck out in the first round against Audrina perhaps. Kristen can then capitalize on that win and catch fire in the other rounds when everything goes back to normal.

Now more than ever, this can really go any way.

As far as the other change goes, at least it's a good thing National told us about this now as opposed bringing this to our attention in the playoffs. I'm okay with the new season starting in 2014 in November.

Posts: 448 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot_fashion_industry
Elite Trooper
Member # 33265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_fashion_industry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "Classic" picks.

For the AFC match of the week, Marisa against Stacy. I picked Stacy. I rarely pick Marisa Miller. For the NFC, I got Heidi Klum.

For the main event, a real good match that's turning out to be a very good match. I went with Rosie in this match. The only thing that I can say that sucks about this match was that it's happening too soon. I wanted Marisa Miller to lose at least one more match before Rosie and Bar face each other. That way, if Marisa wins, it won't matter much to the winner and loser of the Rosie/Bar match up. An extra win or an extra loss can make a world of difference. But right now, Marisa is too close to Rosie for my comfort. Now, if Marisa loses her match, then I'll be perfectly fine with Rosie losing even though I voted for her this week.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several things.

That record of 74 weeks in a row held by Megan Fox is going to be very unreachable. If there's one record that will be the most difficult to break, it'll be that one. I think it'll be easier to win two championships than it is to break that record. But the fact that Megan Fox has been that dominant AND she's been world champion before, tells us all we need to know about how much she meant to this contest. More impressive was to know that Kate Beckinsale took almost 50 weeks to get from first to SECOND! Another record that seems unreachable. Kate Beckinsale is a Hall of Fammer in my opinion.

Kate Upton is going to extend her streak of being in first place of her division all to herself to 20 weeks in a row, if my count's correct. The best part of that stat is that I never that someone would have to pass Jessica Simpson of all people to break that record. [Laugh] Was she really that good at one time?

Another thing is I agree with what the consensus is on this new rule for the first round of the playoffs. Someone might get screwed from making the second round, but that only means that the first round means a little more now than it did before. I agree with 18th floor about this making the season very exciting because in the weeks ahead, these women might have to employ some dirty tactics to desperately avoid being in the first round. If anything the voters now know that if they want their girl to win, they must vote earlier than usual to secure a win for her.

Kristen Stewart's red pumps looks so sexy and hot on her. I would love to hear the sound they make as she walks across the floor.

I have Bar Refaeli to win this week. I'm hoping she wins because that match is still too tight for my comfort. Looking at the clip of her taking that shower was one of the hottest things I've ever seen. No wonder she looks that good all the time.

Jennifer Hawkins probably got many people's attention with her pictures this week and this girl is the total package from head to every toe.

Looks like we have a race to see who will finish with more votes between Carmen Electra and Kate Upton.

Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE STANDINGS
UPDATED

(The first number next to each name is for the number of wins. The second number stands for her losses. The third is for the number of ties. The last number is her winning percentage.)

American Female Class

Division I

Jessica Alba 4-2-0-.714
Selena Gomez 3-4-0-.428
Olivia Wilde 3-4-0-.428
Nina Dobrev 1-6-0-.166

Division II

Bar Refaeli 7-0-0-1.000
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 5-1-0-.833
Marisa Miller 3-4-0-.428
Maria Menounos 2-5-0-.285

Division III

Carmen Electra 5-1-0-.833
Jessica Lowndes 5-2-0-.714
Stacy Keibler 3-4-0-.428
Kim Kardashian 0-6-0-.000

Division IV

Irina Shayk 4-2-0-.666
Eva Longoria 3-3-0-.500
Abigail Clancy 1-5-0-.200
Jenny McCarthy 1-5-0-.166

--

National Female Class

Division I

Kate Upton 7-0-0-1.000
Ashley Tisdale 2-4-0-.333
Mila Kunis 1-5-0-.200
Jennifer Aniston 1-6-0-.142

Division II

Audrina Patridge 7-0-0-1.000
Katy Perry 4-2-0-.666
Kristen Stewart 4-3-0-.571
Victoria Justice 1-5-0-.200

Division III

Candice Swanepoel 5-1-0-.833
Brooklyn Decker 4-2-0-.666
Petra Němcová 3-3-0-.500
Megan Fox 3-3-0-.500

Division IV

Heidi Klum 5-2-0-.714
Maggie Grace 3-4-0-.428
Jennifer Hawkins 3-4-0-.428
AnnaLynne McCord 1-6-0-.142

----

THE CULT OF GUILTY PLEASURES

Kristen Stewart has developed a following over the years, a following that can be better described as a cult. This is a group of people that have religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. Kristen Stewart has become a guilty pleasure for many people, and it has definitely carried over into the National Fashionistas. Voting for her is a high and an addiction of some sort. She's one of those women who also have a lot of detractors that view this whole phenomenon as strange, perplexing or abnormal even. For others, they know Kristen is not good for them, but they vote for her anyway. She has become a bad drug that is sought after by many addicts and a drug that many others stay away from. For the people who vote for her often, they take the concepts of her physique and persona as perplexing or abnormal and they try to turn it into something where they view her as someone who is, yes, unusual, but also mystifying, eccentric and ... bizarre, I suppose.

She certainly draws mixed reactions from people, which can help explain her record at this moment. A win over one of the more famous people of all time is her first landmark win of her career in the world of Foot Fetish Hollywood. She has now risen above the doubts anyone has had about her and will look at her as someone who is a viable resident of the National Fashionistas for at least the foreseeable future.

A recipe for what makes Kristen uncommon is the same reason why so many love her and why many others do not understand her: she is impervious to pain. The pain might sting for a few minutes, but all of that magically vanishes and dissolves within minutes and she moves on as if nothing ever happened.

This match did more for Kristen Stewart winning than it did for Heidi Klum losing, which is why I won't elaborate on her.

Kristen Stewart is tenacious. That is the exactly quality one needs to hustle through the nitty-gritty portions of the season.

Kristen has a cult following, only becoming more well-founded as the season moves along.

----

THE ALTERNATIVE TO MANHATTAN

In New York City, the borough of Brooklyn is becoming more and more tourist-friendly by the year, specifically the downtown Brooklyn. More and more luxurious real estate is being established that attracts people who can afford living the high life, tourism in that borough is steadily growing, and it is becoming the alternative to Manhattan. Not equal or better, just different.

With that, we have an increased attraction to Brooklyn Decker. Like a bunch of new tourists who are finding reasons to visit downtown Brooklyn, more people are finding reasons to keep Brooklyn Decker in the playoff race. The latest example comes from beating Mila Kunis, someone who can't even buy a win even with all the money she has. Mila, who had no trouble getting to eleven wins last year, now has trouble counting to two! We pretty much know that anyone with zero wins going into Week 8 is not making the playoffs, right Kim? How about girls with only one win? Before this year, seventeen other girls in history had only one win going into Week 8 of the season. Do you know how many of them made the playoffs?

NONE!

Christina Aguilera in 2008 and Jennifer Aniston in 2010 are the only two girls in history to start the season 1-4 and still make the playoffs. The thing is, they had more than one win going into Week 8.

quote:
Originally posted by foot_fashion_industry:
If Mila loses this match, then she might have to consider this as a lost season for her and try again next year and hope for better success. We're almost half way through the season, and one win mid way through the season does not get you in a playoff system that allows for three wild cards.

Pretty much.

For Mila, this season is pretty much a lost cause, even though it's still mathematically possible for her to make it as a wild card. She might have to become a spoiler from here on end and forget that this season ever happened.

The voters found an alternative to Mila this week. Her name is Brooklyn.

----

THE RUNNING OF THE SCORES

I do not remember a week in where we had this many lopsided matches. It seemed like a lot girls decided to come out this week with both guns blazing, not giving a damn who their opponents were. These women ran up the score as if there were no time limit on these matches. I thought I saw a few of the women throwing in the white flags to declare defeat, but for some reason the refs didn't see them. I think Jennifer Hawkins saw the flag come in and tucked it away somewhere before the referee had a chance to see what was going on. I mean, these people were relentless.

For the women who lost, I think they got off from the wrong side of their beds. If I took all of their mistakes they committed this week, and compiled it into a nice little footage or montage, it'll be a blooper reel with all the wacky music in the backround with a few laugh tracks added.

In the mist of all of that, I thought it was fun and exciting to see Kate Upton and Carmen Electra trying to show each other off to see who can generate the most votes this week. It was fun and exciting because this is another sign that Carmen Electra is returning to her old ways!

And Kate Upton continues to shatter or extend records at a record pace that there's nothing left for her to do except winning the Ferragamos. Kate Upton is Mother Nature. And Mother Nature will take its course regardless of who or what is in its way.

----

FAILING THE BAR EXAM

I'm not going to get on Rosie too much because there's nothing for her to be ashamed about. Yes, losing does not feel good and her will to win this match was definitely there. You want to win the big matches to separate yourself from the bunch. In this match, something simply had to give. That's all there was to it. If she loses another big match, perhaps her stock will a bit. In this case, however, you had two women who are at the top of their class facing each other, only one was going to win.

Rosie is a proven threat, that's all there is to it. There's no reason to think that Rosie won't pay her back the second time around in their rematch.

For Marisa, that was a HUGE loss; for Stacy, a HUGE wins. But going back to Miller for a second, she blew this one. An opportunity to shake up her division and to get the attention of the AFC was handed to her in a silver platter and she dropped the plate to the floor.

The biggest winner in all of this was Bar Refaeli. Not only did she beat Rosie, but Marisa also lost. Eleven or twelve other women have faced both Marisa and Rosie. Bar is the first one to get wins over both of them. Refaeli is starting to cement her case as to why she should be AFCs Number 1 Seed.

Bar, conveniently so, is the only one passing her own exam.

--National

[ April 24, 2013, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: National ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links