Foot Fetish Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Foot Website (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Foot Website
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coed: If you are going to publicly slam or degrade other webmasters than maybe you shouldn't be in the business or maybe not say anything at all if it isn't constructive on a public forum. We are all here for the same reason as webmasters and foot lovers, and to allow and stick up for trolling or slander here should not be permitted.The guy is obviously a troll that likes to pick fights on this board.That was kinda rude.And I DID school him to what the difference of Hits and Visits were,since he was an Ass about it,He coulda said "hey Wrinklesguy, how many visits does your site get" or something, but it was rude and antagonistic. At first I made the freudian slip by typing the word "visits" in a certain post, but what I meant was HITS, fine..500,000+ hits in one hour at one point last October was still quite exciting for me.
Anyway, damn, I wish I could consider $5000/month from a foot site "barely" making it. More power to you if you make that much, it's all about how much time you can and are willing to put into the whole thing.

[ April 20, 2009, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Wrinklesguy ]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18359 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elvzz:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
quote:
Originally posted by Elvzz:
quote:
Originally posted by coedfeet:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
Lord Lucan: Don't keep feeding the Troll, he needs to get over himself. He was arguing about the same or similar topic with me a few weeks ago until I took him to school on the way site "hits" work. And no I am not one of those webmasters making a ton of dough, but I get ALOT of hits. I suppose if one updated their site with a new insanely hot girl every day of the week and offered smell-o-vision or something he could make himself a killing lol.

-Oh and as far as "members" go, the same guys will sign up and rebill a few months at a time then skip a month or buy 3-month memberships then skip 3 months...there's many cycles to this business. Hell, I've had easily 250 members at a couple different points myself. Lexi I am sure has WAY more and all the time. [Wink]

Dude you didn't school anybody, you're completely wrong about what hits means. I know the guy is wrong about a lot of stuff, which i think he does on purpose to just get reaction, but he sometimes is dead on.

I get the same report, but I actually bothered to read the help files to get the definition of the terms, since I couldn't believe I would get hundreds of thouseands of hits a day.

Hits are defined as "total number of requests made to the server during the given time period". That means each time someone clicks on a page, many hits will be logged. Hits are not visits.

The visits are closer to the actual number of surfers going to a site. Even that, they have a default time limit, which is 30 minutes. So if someone comes back after 31 minutes, he gets counted as another visit.

So when you hilariously claimed you had 3 million visitors in feb. 2009, the actual number was the Visits total, which was 27,000 +, and as I explained above, even that is inflated.

The guy is right, no website just having non nude pics of feet is going to have 5000 members.

Those of us that expand into nudity, fj, multiple sites, can get closer to that, or the monthly money total.

WORD! And so what? Instead of blaspheming the ones who have been successful (and oh by the way 5 figs may be broke to some, money is relative) say, wow - I wonder what niche I might be able to persue. And obtain success.
at least 10 grand a month is broke to some? i wish i was that 'broke'

for people to find this "niche to pursue" people need to start naming sites that show how it is done

enough of the "i know so and so website makes tons of money but i can't give you the name of it"

and what makes some of you think lexi has tons of members? her site is nothing more than foot modeling and it has been that way since her site started 6 years ago, plus she gives away tons of free photos and many of her vids are on youtube

from what i can see of her house it looks pretty modest, i know not everybody needs a big house but normally people making tons of money have a real nice house

Dude the only thing people talk about less than sex is money. U sound like that Richard Hatch dude that forgot to put his $1M for Survivor on his tax return and got nailed for tax evasion - same as Capone.

Like a sicilian - shhhh

if they don't talk about money how do you know they have money?

what makes you and lord lucan so special that they share all of their financial details with you?

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Coed: If you are going to publicly slam or degrade other webmasters than maybe you shouldn't be in the business or maybe not say anything at all if it isn't constructive on a public forum. We are all here for the same reason as webmasters and foot lovers, and to allow and stick up for trolling or slander here should not be permitted.The guy is obviously a troll that likes to pick fights on this board.That was kinda rude.And I DID school him to what the difference of Hits and Visits were,since he was an Ass about it,He coulda said "hey Wrinklesguy, how many visits does your site get" or something, but it was rude and antagonistic. At first I made the freudian slip by typing the word "visits" in a certain post, but what I meant was HITS, fine..500,000+ hits in one hour at one point last October was still quite exciting for me.
Anyway, damn, I wish I could consider $5000/month from a foot site "barely" making it. More power to you if you make that much, it's all about how much time you can and are willing to put into the whole thing.

i notice you call anybody that doesn't agree with you a troll [Roll Eyes]

maybe just maybe you're a little overly sensitive, hence you bringing up a several weeks old argument that i forgot about but it is clearly still stuck in your mind

now that i remember it, you were the one claiming to be a "big fish" in the foot fetish world, so funny how you claim i was the ass haha

all i did was point out how there was no way 500,000 people clicked on your site in one hour, if i am 'schooled' because i didn't know the difference between a hit and a visit, so be it

get over it

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spindoctor at his finest LOL. Everyone knows you're a troll just by how rude and obnoxious your postings are and how you try to instigate an arguement everytime words spew from your keyboard. Go argue with someone else and let the big dogs do what they do best, just because you don't get all these wonderful yummy feet as much as us webmasters get, doesn't mean you have to be rude and haterish towards us. It's ok we understand your frusteration, we all had to start somewhere.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18359 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Spindoctor at his finest LOL. Everyone knows you're a troll just by how rude and obnoxious your postings are and how you try to instigate an arguement everytime words spew from your keyboard. Go argue with someone else and let the big dogs do what they do best, just because you don't get all these wonderful yummy feet as much as us webmasters get, doesn't mean you have to be rude and haterish towards us. It's ok we understand your frusteration, we all had to start somewhere.

LOL i bring an opinion to the table, no need to cry over it just because it may be different than yours and if i'm a hater for pointing out facts than yes i am a hater

heck you already said if you were a mod you would be deleting a lot of posts, which is proof enough that you don't believe in free speech, only "trolls" don't see things your way

i'm not sure how you get the impression that i am jealous of webmasters seeing as how i have never even given a thought to starting a site, but continue to think that if it will help you sleep better

ps if you're such a "big dog" you shouldn't care what a "troll" like me has to say, but obviously you do since you brought up an argument from weeks ago [Wink]

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

I just despise punkasses that think they can harrass people on message boards..you fall directly in that category.I'm all for free speech, but being a message board terrorist, you are in the crosshairs. Someone has to stand up for what's right, or this place will turn into a cesspool really quickly. Wu and Hal are too nice sometimes.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links