Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » UFC 100 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: UFC 100
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts exactly National. The UFC is not for the weak at heart. If you wanna tell the fighters they have to behave, it should start with Dan White. Their president cannot speak a full paragraph without saying "fuck" usually multiple times, so if you wanna portray a squeaky clean image it should start at the top. Run on down through hyping the fight and so on and so fourth. Most of these guys have a tremendous amount of respect for one another and most of the time they show that respect at the end of the fight and lay any pre fight bullshit to rest. GSP is probably my favorite fighter in all of MMA and he's the most humble and classy guy you'll ever interview as shown in the Alves fight, that was the definition on how respectable and sportsmanlike MMA can be...but sometimes there are exceptions to that, and sometimes the unexpected or out of the ordinary can add excitement and entertainment value. I think that was the case with Lesnar and Mir. There was alot of bad blood going into the fight. The whole problem with the WWF is that it's fake. Alot of bullshit was said back and fourth going into the fight, so if Lesnar didn't feel like kissing and making up when it was all over which in essance would be basically saying to the world that all the hype leading up to the fight was "fake" I think by winning the fight in the dominating fashion by which he did, he earned the right to play the "I told you so" card and get in Mir's face if he so chooses. He doesn't have to act like a dick, and it's not a sportsman like thing to do, as we're always taught to be humble in victory, gracious in defeat so every once in awhile when someone breaks that "code" and gets a little crazy it's a freshing bit of excitement and makes things more interesting. People who believe you should always be respectful to your opponent like Nusenth probably can't wait to see Brock lose, and people like myself who justify Brocks actions can't wait to see him in there again proving that he can do whatever he wants until somebody emerges who's good enough to stop him. Either way, both of us will probably be buying the next pay per view that Lesnar's involved in so in the end the UFC comes out on top.

I doubt Dana White had any problem with Lesnar's actions after the fight until he dissed Bud Light. Any owner is going to flip the fuck out if his heavyweight champion is shitting all over their biggest sponser. The Ferttita's and Dana must have near shit themselves when Brock said he was going for a Coors Light and that's exactly what made it so much more funny. It was off the cuff, it was out of control, it was the one thing you don't do and the one line you don't cross and Lesnar did the freakin' moonwalk over it, and he can because he's the champ.

I have no problem with Dana White cursing his head off and acting like a nut case, being the ultra outspoken promoter, paying the fighters as little as he can get away with, doing business on his own terms and in his own way. He's been very successful in bulding the UFC to what it is today by playing by his own rules, but it makes it that much sweeter when someone with a give a fuck factor that drops even lower than White's comes along, has success, and does as he pleases regardless of what Dana may think about it. White can get as mad as he wants, he can be as shocked as he wants, he can be as pissed as he wants, but at the end of the day Brock Lesnar is his world champion. So until he loses, which may not be for a long, long, long, long time, especially if Fedor doesn't come over to the UFC, then no matter what he does there's not a damn thing Dana can do about it. Without Brock Lesnar White's heavyweight division is shot. Dana wanted the hype, the charisma, the reaction and the attention that Lesnar draws, and now he's getting it, perhaps even moreso than he bargined for and I think it's fucking great!

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BloodSpill
Board Regular
Member # 34061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BloodSpill   Email BloodSpill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with everything National and what Drunk24_7 said. If you read some of what Drunk said in National's contest during the finals, he uses Megan Fox as the perfect example of how nasty competition can become. The exact same philosophy can be used for the UFC.

National hit it right on the head when he asked what it was that the UFC promotes. You can't say violence and then try to make something sweet and rosy out of it. There is nothing pretty about violence. Why don't you get into the octagon and see if you can last five rounds with Henderson, GSP, or Lesnar. Let them fuck you up the way they do with the others. When you are stretchered out, hanging withing an inch of your life, I dare you to tell me that what they did to you was NOT barbaric.

I'm fucking tired of people who enjoy playing it safe all the fucking time. Get out and enjoy life! If you don't want someone to talk shit, then all you can do is wait for the day for someone to beat Brock. Wouldn't that excite you even more than someone beating Brock while he was a person who always kept his mouth shut?

Look at what happened with National's contest: Megan Fox opens her mouth and bashes Scarlett Johansson. What National never brought to the people's attention was that she (Megan) was given a chance to take back the words she used that offended so many people. She stuck by her words. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that after Fox said what she said, the interest for the game went up. People came out of nowhere and started taking sides. Because of Megan mouthing off, she turned what was going to be a great match to begin with a match that had ten times more interest.

Essentially, we have the same with UFC. People talk shit, more people become interested. If you can't take that, then go watch golf or the hot dog eating contest.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links