Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » UFC Thread (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: UFC Thread
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see a few of the fights on UFC 87. Georges St. Pierre is an animal, an absolute beastly fighter who now figures to be champion for a very long time. Other than B.J. Penn or Anderson Silva, I see no one beating him. He out wrestles all the world-class wrestlers, is undoubtedly one of the top strikers at 170, has a deceptively slick BJJ game, and is just an incredible physical and athletic specimen. From 185 on down, the UFC literally has 3 eminently dominant champions in GSP, Penn, and Anderson.

It might be time for the UFC to bring up Carlos Condit, the WEC Welterweight champion, up to the big stage. The only guy left to fight for GSP now are Thiago Alves and Diego Sanchez, as he's already convincingly beaten the likes of Koscheck and Parisyan. And the way it seems things are shaking out, Alves and Sanchez are probably gonna fight each other for the next crack at GSP.

I also heard that the UFC is planning GSP/Penn II for the UFC card at the end of the year. That's a true superfight right there.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephm_ff
Major Player
Member # 27001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephm_ff   Email stephm_ff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep GSP is an absolute animal, I really love watching that guy fight he's almost video-game esque. Couldn't believe the stats Joe Rogan brought up, 130 mins of fights only 4:30 mins spent on his back, and 80% takedown success. Crazy. Sanchez/GSP would be nice, he pretty much has the same proffessional record as GSP but I'm not sure if he's next in line for a title shot? I won't even say anything about GSP vs BJ.

Did anyone else catch the Brock Lesnar fight? Anyone who can punch Heath Herring in the face and damn-near make him backflip isn't to be taken lightly, even though Lesnar dominated but didn't finish the fight I bet Heath feels like he's recovering from a fall down the side of a mountain or something.

--------------------
'Toes all painted, feet all out, it's the aphrodisiac for tommorow without a doubt' - Keith Murray

Posts: 154 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I read that some fighters from WEC will be moving to UFC, to fill the void in some of the higher weight classes, like the 185 lbs and maybe heavyweight divisions. I'll try to find that article.

GSP/Penn II, I am not looking forward to. Both fighters are in my top 5 favorite and I'd hate to see either one of them lose. But I have a slight more desire to see GSP win.

Lesnar looked good, even though I was hoping Herring would win. Lesnars antics at the end, though were uncalled for.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lesnar's an asshole, there's no doubting that, but I've known that since he was in the WWE back in the day. Therefore, what he did after the fight didn't surprise me at all.

If any fighters come in from WEC, it'll probably be some of the top middleweights, like Paulo Filho, who come in. Anderson and Filho are friends though, so who knows if they'll fight. Other than Matt Lindland, I don't know who the UFC can get to properly challenge Anderson other than Filho.

If someone else comes in to the UFC, it could very well be WEC Welterweight Champion Carlos Condit. That guy is the truth, and has a legitimate claim to perhaps being the best welterweight who's not in the UFC, along with EliteXC's Jake Shields. However, his arrival wouldn't be as necessary as any additions at 185, because 170 as it is has a lot of depth. Thiago Alves and Diego Sanchez are the two closest to getting a title shot against GSP (or Penn).

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Couture might be on the card for UFC 91.

Not really looking forward to this Saturday's fight between Evans and Liddell. Just not a fight that really excites me, but I'm still going to watch it. I'm picking Liddell just in case Anderson Silva continues to fight at 205, there is that possibility of them two meeting.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

WOW! Chuck Liddell got hit hard. That had to be the hardest hit he has ever been. It reminded me of the movies when two warriors swing at the same time and in slow motion one guy gets the hit in a fraction of a second before the other guy does. Liddell threw that uppercut at the very same time, just that Rashad was faster. Rashad Evans speed was very impressive. I'm excited that he won. He definately has placed himself within the top 10, if not top 5 LHW division.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

This is the second time Chuck's penchant for throwing unorthodox looping punches from anywhere really cost him. Simply put, you cannot throw uppercuts from anywhere but the inside, and if you throw said uppercut, you'd better not wind up with it. He was begging to get nailed either with that counter right, or a counter left hook. Evans knew what to do.

Slowly, the aura of terror that Liddell had built up is being stripped away, as guys have finally figured out that the best way to stand with Chuck, and really, the only way, is to stay in the pocket and throw short, compact punches between his looping punches. All it takes is some balls.

Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminded me a bit of Boom Boom Mancini v. Duk Koo Kim - altho Liddell lived to tell about it.

Liddell is def. losing his lustre.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Just read that Rashad Evans is getting a title shot against Griffin, possibly on Dec. 27th.
Looking forward to that.

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

That's about as even a fight as you can make. Forrest doesn't hit terribly hard, but he might very well be the best ground fighter that Rashad has ever faced. Rashad is also at a reach and height disadvantage, but of course, you know he is very explosive.

I like it though. The only thing I don't like is that Evans got the shot before Machida did, who's been more deserving of it for a long while.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I've been telling everyone I know who watches mma that Machida should be next for a title shot. But they are all like, no way. So and so should get a title shot, yet they don't even know who Machida is. Oh well. Maybe he'll finally get a shot at it next year.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

The sole reason Machida hasn't gotten that title shot yet is because he's not the most compelling fighter to watch. He's a defensively responsible fighter who prefers to sit back and counter, and at times has a propensity to backpedal. By far, he's the slickest fighter in MMA, standing or on the ground. If you know boxing, the guy I would compare Machida to is Pernell Whitaker.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links