Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » 9/11 commission!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 9/11 commission!
Teabag333
Board Regular
Member # 2145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Teabag333   Email Teabag333   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As if anyone should be surprised...the commission didn't find any link between al-Qaeda and Iraq. Bush appointed the commission to back his eroneous claims and it's backfired on him.

Anyone else think it's time to vote this guy out of office???

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As if anyone should be surprised...the commission didn't find any link between al-Qaeda and Iraq. Bush appointed the commission to back his eroneous claims and it's backfired on him.

Anyone else think it's time to vote this guy out of office???

ITs easy to get emotional about our current affairs..
BUT:
Has a common folk (talking about me))its hard to understand why the whitehouse (DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN) do what they do and why they do it.
I cant even begin to understand..I MEAN REALLY UNDERSTAND)And if anybody on the outside looking in thinks they do.(REALLY UNDERSTAND THE DECISIONS A PRESIDENT HAS TO MAKE AND WHY) THEY MUST HAVE THE ANSWER TO WHICH CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

Common folk(Me) only hears what the media tells us....And read what the mags and papers provide.AND THEN WE CHOOSE WHAT WE WATCH OR READ.(LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE.)

I have have faith in who the PRESIDENT is (CURRENT AND PAST) and what he is doing...Because I dont really know what goes on behind closed doors......I dont know why they make the decisions they make.. And I dont think anyone on the outside does....(MY OPINION)

Dont give me WHAT BUSH DOES is BECAUSE OF OIL!!!!

It goes way beyond oil into things me as a common folk dont understand....

See what I mean....Joe thinks the REPS are bad Frank thinks the Dems are bad...BLA BLA BLA.The decisions a PRESIDENT makes are above and beyond my comprehension.

BUSH IS A KILLER FOR trying to LIBERATE IRAQ

CLINTON WAS A KILLER FOR NOT stepping into Rwanda and stopping the genocide in I think 98.

DID THEY MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS ...HISTORY WILL TELL

quote:
Just remember...no one died when Clinton lied!
100% TRUE.... BUT IT SURE KILLED THE MOMENTUM OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY [Eek!]

I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT.............WOMEN [Jerkoff]

Just exerciseing my constitutional rights has a citizen [Wink]

A FOOT MODELS HUMBLE OPINION [Wink]

[ June 18, 2004, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Sasha ]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teabag333
Board Regular
Member # 2145

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Teabag333   Email Teabag333   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me preface this message by saying this is not a personal attack on Sasha. I am making statements here because this isn't the first time I've heard remarks like Sasha's, and they are directed to anyone who feels similarly to Sasha.

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
[QB] ITs easy to get emotional about our current affairs..
BUT:
Has a common folk (talking about me))its hard to understand why the whitehouse (DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN) do what they do and why they do it.
I cant even begin to understand..I MEAN REALLY UNDERSTAND)And if anybody on the outside looking in thinks they do.(REALLY UNDERSTAND THE DECISIONS A PRESIDENT HAS TO MAKE AND WHY) THEY MUST HAVE THE ANSWER TO WHICH CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

That's fine. Politics is difficult to understand. But don't you feel like asking a few questions?

quote:
Common folk(Me) only hears what the media tells us....And read what the mags and papers provide.AND THEN WE CHOOSE WHAT WE WATCH OR READ.(LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE.)
If you are simply listening to what you want to hear, then you haven't experienced all sides to the story. Did you watch the same story reported on different news networks and see the different spin they put on things? More importantly, did you watch any of the testimony of the 9/11 Commission's investigation? Have you read any books written since 9/11 (i.e. Richard Clark's book Against All Enemies)?

And what has the media told us? Well, it has said that we went to war in Iraq on some pretty shaking intelligence to stop Saddam Hussein from building WMD's and supporting al-Qaeda. We saw the Hussein regime topple on live television. We saw happy liberated people. We also heard that we were (and still are) losing troops at a rate of 15-20 per week. More importantly, we didn't see any WMD's or any al-Qaeda. Now, over a year since the invasion, we hear that there isn't and never was a connection between Hussein and bin Laden. Hmmm...that's what Richard Clark has been saying all along. We've found no WMD and no al-Qaeda in Iraq. And the Iraqi people want us OUT!

Did anyone happen to notice that we "found" Hussein right before the holiday season last year?

Did anyone happen to notice that we invaded Iraq at a time when our economy was in recession and the people were getting upset about it (i.e. the President's approval rating was starting to slide)?

quote:
I have have faith in who the PRESIDENT is (CURRENT AND PAST) and what he is doing...Because I dont really know what goes on behind closed doors......I dont know why they make the decisions they make.. And I dont think anyone on the outside does....(MY OPINION)
You cannot allow yourself to be blinded by your own ignorance. You, as an American, must open your mind (and your eyes and ears) and question things to get answers. We, the people, were goaded into supporting a war in Iraq on false pretenses. That deserves nothing less than a full explanation and apology.

Thanks,
Teabag333

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You cannot allow yourself to be blinded by your own ignorance. You, as an American, must open your mind (and your eyes and ears) and question things to get answers. We, the people, were goaded into supporting a war in Iraq on false pretenses. That deserves nothing less than a full explanation and apology.

teabag333..I find no offence in what you say ;
I love a healthy debate [Smile]

Typical political debate. We get clouded by our emotions...words like ignorance come out

You start to us the the word "WE" rather than me....way to much

I should of used the word LISTEN instead of HEAR....My bad.
quote:

(i.e. Richard Clark's book Against All Enemies)

I read it...YES I READ! I understand most of what I read was based on factual reports prior to 9/11
I think there are flaws in the book and questions to me of why RICHARD CLARK wrote the book in the first place...
Yes....two sides to every story...

quote:
More importantly, did you watch any of the testimony of the 9/11
YES I DID....I thought the the President and Vice President and Miss Rice were very honest in answering questions.
.. Thats my opinion..

quote:
You, as an American, must open your mind (and your eyes and ears) and question things to get answers.
ehhhhh.....Is this in general or geared toward me??

[/QUOTE

quote:
[QUOTE] And what has the media told us? Well, it has said that we went to war in Iraq on some pretty shaking intelligence to stop Saddam Hussein from building WMD's and supporting al-Qaeda. We saw the Hussein regime topple on live television. We saw happy liberated people. We also heard that we were (and still are) losing troops at a rate of 15-20 per week. More importantly, we didn't see any WMD's or any al-Qaeda. Now, over a year since the invasion, we hear that there isn't and never was a connection between Hussein and bin Laden. Hmmm...that's what Richard Clark has been saying all along. We've found no WMD and no al-Qaeda in Iraq. And the Iraqi people want us OUT!
I agree to a point with your statment here..
WE NEED TO GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE!
History will tell.
The one good thing I THINK that comes of this is we have a presence in this region over the next 50 (rough #)years...much like vietnam...I dont think that so bad...

I have a step brother over there so I find it hard to DEBATE this subject...at the presant time
My mind ,spirit , energy and prayers go to him and all his fellow mates.....
Any negative thoughts to this I believe would be no good for him...

[ June 19, 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Sasha ]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanatic66
Elite Trooper
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fanatic66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teabag, maybe you should take your own advice & listen to ALL media outlets. WMD's WERE recently found! Fox news has been reporting this for some time now. However, the mainstream liberal media is trying to sweep this under the rug so they can continue politicizing the war & spreading their anti-Bush propaganda. Extreme liberalism is a disease & will be the death of our country! [Mad]
Posts: 411 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teabag333
Board Regular
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teabag333   Email Teabag333   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fanatic66:
Teabag, maybe you should take your own advice & listen to ALL media outlets. WMD's WERE recently found!

Yes, I remember the stories a few months ago! I don't remember seeing much else in the newspapers or on networks other than Fox News. Hmmm.

quote:
Extreme liberalism is a disease & will be the death of our country! [Mad] [/QB]
Yeah....extreme conservatism might just take this country back to Puritan times. To tell the truth...extreme ANYTHING is generally bad.
To quote a bumper sticker I saw a while back..."The religious right is neither."

Later,
Teabag333

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fanatic66:
Teabag, maybe you should take your own advice & listen to ALL media outlets. WMD's WERE recently found! Fox news has been reporting this for some time now. However, the mainstream liberal media is trying to sweep this under the rug so they can continue politicizing the war & spreading their anti-Bush propaganda. Extreme liberalism is a disease & will be the death of our country! [Mad]

Hey fanatic, do you have a link or something to point me to this info? I'm not saying you're lying or that I doubt you, but you are the only person I've heard/read this from. I don't have cable, and my only sources for news are the internet and the local newspaper. I asked my father this weekend if he's heard anything, because he tends to keep an eye on cable TV, and he said he hasn't heard anything. He's a true-blue Republican, so it's not like he's "coincidentally" not catching any reports.
[Big Grin]

As for your comment about liberalism, I agree with you, but I think liberalism itself is rooted in another problem that runs deeper, and that is media control. I think if the media bosses were ever ousted and the media were to fall back into the control of the American public, the whole liberal/neo-conservative slants we get would disappear all too quick. That's a subject for a whole other discussion though... [Wink] [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanatic66
Elite Trooper
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fanatic66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lou, here ya go: WMD's

Here's an article that explains the UN sanctions that were not followed by Saddam concerning the wmd's. It's a good read. It suggests that most of his weapons were sent to Syria where they are still being hidden. more WMD's

Ever since this whole thing started, I've had a very hard time believing that Saddam got rid of all his wmd's. Does it really make sense that he would dispose of everything? I, for one, don't think so. I've always felt that it was a matter of time before something was found. As for moving his wmd's to Syria, well that makes perfect sense in my opinion. Keep your eye on Syria. Also, watch out for North Korea. I think something big is brewing, but only time will tell.

Posts: 411 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the links fanatic. [Not Worthy]

I'll read them through when I'm a little less tired and I can ingest it all. [Thumbs Up]

I have to wonder though; if Saddam sent all the weapons to Syria, why didn't he seek sanctuary there himself? I hope the links cover that. If not, can you show me something that does? I'd very much appreciate that. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comte
Loyal Member
Member # 1354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for comte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it!!? Two, highly-questionable, barely operable shells that weren't even fired by the Iraqi military, and that "shows that the fear we had is very real."??

Oh the horror. The horror. [Roll Eyes]

And as for this report of weapons being secretly shipped to Syria from Iraq shortly before the war, isn't this the type of thing that the war hawks should've been anticipating and planning for? Isn't it THEIR OWN FAULT that the weapons were allowed to slip, presumably, out of the reach of American military and intelligence? (if it's even true to begin with)

And as for the intelligence community being so biased against anything that would make Syria look bad, isn't the onus on the president to do whatever is necessary to get them to do their job adequately? I thought Bush was supposed to be a "strong and steady leader"; but then, strong and steady leaders don't get thwarted from obtaining adequate intelligence from HIS OWN PEOPLE!! (the whole idea of a U.S. intelligence bias FOR Syria seems absurd to me to begin with, anyway)

If the government intelligence community isn't serving the president well, then that's half the president's own fault, in my opinion.

All in all, I pretty much feel the same way about how the Bush administration is running the "war on terror" as Donald Rumsfeld. Heck, I'll even use HIS own words to describe it! - "It's quite clear to me that we do not have a coherent approach to this.”

Finally! Some good, old-fashioned HONESTY from the guys! [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 62 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keywiz2112
Major Player
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keywiz2112   Author's Homepage   Email keywiz2112   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
comte Said

quote:
All in all, I pretty much feel the same way about how the Bush administration is running the "war on terror" as Donald Rumsfeld. Heck, I'll even use HIS own words to describe it! - "It's quite clear to me that we do not have a coherent approach to this.
This said it all realy, I dont think Iraq was about WMD, more about shifting the emphasis of terror back to the middle east and stopping further attacks on the US. I am English live in the UK and would cut my own throat rather than Vote for Tony Blair, but I agree with the Idea of creating a front line against terror, where it comes from rather than Europe or the US.
Could go on but I think you get the idea.

Sasha, I dont know about the US, but here the press is clearly divided re: Politic's Papers like The Mirror and Observer are Left wing Labour Papers and The Telegraph and Daily Mail are Right wing Conservative papers. The BBC is left wing champagne Socilists and ITV is right wing Torys and there is a lot of other pointers as to the Political of people and organisations, like who they donate to and things like that.

So you can get a more informed idea if you look around and get different thought and ideas from various sources.

I am personaly a Conservative, so my thoughts and comments are biased towards the right so when you read my comments keep that in mind and if people are honest about there political preferences then you can do the same with them and it might give you a clearer understanding of how decisions and ideas are brought into being.

Phew hope I havent bored everone

Cheers Keywiz

Posts: 211 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one point Sasha tried to make that no one really talked about here is that We dont know. we may never know the actual reasons our government makes the decissions it does. Any one that believes thier government tells them exactly whats going on at all times needs to buy a clue. If the president recieves top secret info, depending on its classification, it could be up to sixty years before the actual facts are realeased to us if ever at all. Ask any history professor about rating a presidents term in office and he will tell you the same thing youll have to wait until you really know what was going on. Not what the media or any other information outlets were giving the public at the time. A government can not function with out secrecy and until the viel of darkness is lifted you, me, the libs, or the conservatives dont have the proper info to make an informed decission about what is really going on.
And on a side note lets not pretend the best 2 men for the job are running against each other. The two men with the best chances of winning are running against each other. As ive stated in an earlier post my grand father had this to say about politicians " Never trust a man that spends 50 million dollars to get a job that pays $250,000 a year"

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links