Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Gloom Is Not a Plan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gloom Is Not a Plan
feet-e-zine
Elite Trooper
Member # 1966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet-e-zine   Author's Homepage   Email feet-e-zine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christopher Hitchens has penned a very interesting piece in Slate magazine which postulates that Kerry's "message" amounts to the hope that things will go badly over the next five weeks.

You can read the article here http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2107193

It is a very bad situation when a political party and its candidate "hope" that we fail so that they can win an election...

Victory at any cost?

I would argue that this is a rather short sighted strategy...

At Thursday's debate, of course, Kerry has perhaps his only remaining opportunity to persuade Americans that he has a clear plan for handling the situation in Iraq. To do so, however, would require one thing he lacks--namely a clear plan for handling the situation in Iraq.

Dont count on it...

Posts: 299 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
namely a clear plan for handling the situation in Iraq.

A clear plan for this will be crucial to Kerry.Cleaning up the FUCKING mess that BUSH has made in IRAQ.....

If Kerry is smart he will focus on this..and the issues at home.......(I don't think he will)

THIS ELECTION IS NOT OVER YET....

Thank GOD a PRESIDENTS term is only 4 years!!!!!1

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet-e-zine
Elite Trooper
Member # 1966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet-e-zine   Author's Homepage   Email feet-e-zine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL...is too over!

Its all over except for the cryin'...

Iraq was a huge mess before we liberated that country...

Can you just imagine...a democracy smack dab in the middle of the middle east?

That would be so cool!

Funny thing tho...every single neigbor of Irag...is either a totalitarian regime or monarchy...

or..like in Iran...the mafia theocracy...who wish to acquiring nuclear weapons...

Iraq was and always will be a wild place...

We cannot compare it to our country...

They are a lil different over there...

But...there is no choice...

Like the famous line in Apollo 13..."Failure is NOT an option"

Like I said...Gloom and Doom is not a plan...

John Kerry will NEVER be called President of the United States...NEVER...EVER!

It is also hog wash that folks are just tuning in to this election...

Or that the debates will make a difference..

95% of the people have already made up their minds...

the unoffical vote is in...

50% are voting for bush...

45% are voting for Kerry

the other 5%...God only nows what they are up to...

Posts: 299 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blinded.............

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet-e-zine
Elite Trooper
Member # 1966

I love those one word comments...*g* short and to the point...

Enjoyed a debate with a co-worker the other day...

Oh, he does NOT like the President..no way...

And he made a funny comment...

He said "Well, at least the people who live in CA will get it right...."

An odd comment to make...

When I look at the electoral map...as it stands today...there are a lot more red than blue states...

Is it possible that all these millions of Americans are "wrong" about John Kerry?

The seeds of this situation for the Deomcratic party were sown in the late 60s and early 70s...

The Dems found it expediant to be the "anti-war" party...

Take home lesson is..."You reap what you sow..."

Now that this nation..and the rest of the world for that matter is engaged in such a dangerous and difficult "war" against terrorism...Islamic Fascists...etc...

It just doesnt work to be the "anti-war" party...

I wonder how they are going to dig out of this mess...

Long ways away from where the Dems as a party used to be...

History will tell...

Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Why the HELL don't we have a Candidate we can look up to???????REP OR DEM?? I just don't get it..The word I use BLINDED is very broad...It applies to so many.........BRAINWASHED.PARTISAN PEOPLE

The only reason you can gloat feet- e -zine is.....THE DEMS MARKETING STRATEGEY......SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

If the DEMS had a half-way decent strategy they could CRUSH BUSH!! BUT THEY DONT!!! THEY BLOW!!!!

THE ONLY REASON TO LIKE BUSH IS....IF YOU OWN YOUR OWN BUISNESS!!PERIOD....Dont give me the you feel safer crap....Thats what the REPS want you to think.....

PEOPLE ARE DYING OUT THERE!!!! I know its war.....

THANK GOD ITS ONLY FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS MY BROTHER AND FRIENDS IN IRAQ WHO ARE THE TRUE HEROS IN THIS WHOLE CRAZY THING!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

feet-e-zine
Elite Trooper
Member # 1966

Im not gloating...

And I disagree that this will only be four more years...

This is a very, very serious situation...

Iraq...is only one battle in what will be a very long and dangerous war...

Also, thank you for reminding me that we must always thank those who are on the front lines...serving their country..with honor and distinction...

I am very proud of them and extremly grateful for their sacrifices ...

Now..I think we have gotten somewaht away from the "purpose" of this thread..

The purpose was to discuss the things that Mr Hitchens said in his Slate article..

Do you agree or disagree..and like they used to say on the tests in school...please try to explain your answer...*s*

gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad we'll be rid of Bush in '08, I wish it could be sooner, but I have a hard time voting for Kerry, since I really doubt he could make the situation much better.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tired of people sticking to parties too, it's sad why people can't find a candidate that suits them, rather than the candidate from the party they tend to prefer.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

quote:

And I disagree that this will only be four more years...

Of GW it will......

The war on TERROR will go on FOREVER!!!!!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

quote:
The purpose was to discuss the things that Mr Hitchens said in his Slate article..

If you know any thing about Mrs Kerry..You would know...She always been a very outspoken LEFT WING LIBERAL...loose lipped...call it what you will.

What she said is what most left wing liberals think.....BIG deal.......

Dems smear the reps the reps smear the dems..bla bla bla....

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

No more from me on these political post, till the elections are finished....I cant fall prey to the smear garbage that goes with the whole scene..He said she said...hes bad because.....He wind surfs..he a simple minded hick because..hes married to a loud mouth rich women....his daddy kept him outta the draft..YUCK!!!

Watch the debates.....listen to how these men answer their questions....How they re-act to questions...your hearts will tell you who to vote for..Not your heads..UNLESS YOUR PARTISAN!!!lol

This election is very important!!!!! The last election was UN-AMERICAN a TOTAL DISGRACE!!!!!

Our votes do count!!!

THIS YEAR LETS REALLY ELECT THE PRESIDENT.....

The best and most amazing thing about our COUNTRY is the ability to change our leadership every four years!!! THATS DEMOCRACY!!! CHANGE!!!!!!!!

KICK ASS AND GO TO THE POLLS...Dont cheat yourselves...GET INVOLVED!!!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

Toesonthenoes
Elite Trooper
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toesonthenoes   Author's Homepage   Email Toesonthenoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last US-elections were definatley everything than correct.
Feet-E-Zine, the words " you reap what you sow" will hopefully happen to GWB very soon if there should be a bit of justice in our universe.
I think a big part of the US-people are standing behind Bush cause they want to have a "COW-BOY" as president again who kicks asses. For some rich ones he definatley is the right man.
Rich got richer, poor get poorer. Thats globalization!!
Some US-People love it if there is a person who speaks so slooooooow. I cant remeber a president who has so big problems with words.
I couldnt believe that he really told the UN in his speach to act in Iraq helping the poor people with some economy there and to rebuild houses to have a better life !
He is really cool! First he shoots and bombs there everything and then he tell the UN-people that they should build up again what he has destroyed .
Bush will win again because the CLAN has got MONEY and at least POWER not because he is the right man! I want to know how many americans he is going to give money to vote for him.

--------------------
High arches and long toes are a must

Posts: 468 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comte
Loyal Member
Member # 1354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for comte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To borrow the famous phrase of Margaret Thatcher, Bush "went wobbly" when Bin Laden was cornered in Tora Bora, and as a result, he got away. Abu Masab Zarqawi, the Iraqi insurgent leader, was also in the Pentagon's sights before the Iraq invasion, but the hapless Bush administration sat on the plans to take him out with a surgical strike, and as a result, Zarqawi is now credited with over 700 killings in Iraq.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/

Bush's handling of Iraq has been a contiguous string of mistake after miscalculation after failure after bad decision. All of these mistakes, miscalculations, failures, and bad decisions came with an enormous cost of both American and Iraqi lives. With the upcoming elections, we're now at a time when we can hold the Bush administration accountable for their dangerous incompetence, and although ironic, it's really no surprise that his supporters attempt to weasel Bush out of being held accountable by trying to demonize those who call him out on his manifest incompetence by suggesting that it's THEY who want Americans and Iraqis to die and terrorists to get away. Please. [Roll Eyes] The reality is that NO ONE wants that, it's just that it's become the usual and predictable result of Bush's sorry policies.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanatic66
Elite Trooper
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fanatic66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FOUR MORE YEARS! GWB all the way! This nation is quickly becoming a nation full of pussies. GWB is not affraid to stand up to terrorism & fight for our freedom. Kerry wants to fight a "more sensitive war". What a puss. Liberals just don't get it. We cannot be a passive nation. We cannot wait for others to attack us before we strike back. What is so hard to understand about this? Would you rather have the war fought on american soil? I'm afraid that may happen if ANY liberal gets into office. Liberals will wait & let the war come to us. We are America. We are the greatest & most powerful nation on earth. GWB wants to keep it that way while Kerry wants us to become more european. I've got nothing against the european nations, but we are America. We are different & we should stay different. America has a basic set of values which GWB is trying to maintain. If we lose these values, then we might as well change this country's name to West France or France 2.

If you think this election is bad, wait until '08 when Hilary makes her bid for the White House. We ain't seen nothin' yet! [Puke]

Posts: 411 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links