Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » US Election (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: US Election
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thats what makes you so special Sasha!
Sorry this isnt true. Its ONE of the MANY things that makes you SO special! [Smile]

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet-e-zine
Elite Trooper
Member # 1966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet-e-zine   Author's Homepage   Email feet-e-zine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gorgeous Sasha, I love you dearly...but...I would like to respectfully disagree with you.

Pre-9/11, your argument(s) (excellent and well said as they are) would be more appropriate...

Post-9/11, they do not fit...

I took the time to outline the reasons why I think this is so...

On September 20th, 2001 (the fires at ground zero were still red hot) the President said this during an Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People:

“This war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat.

Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, and drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.”

On September 12, 2002, the President spoke to the United Nations General Assembly. He outlined and cataloged 12 long years of defiance and deception by Saddam and his henchman.

In an important speech full of important points and questions, this one stands out in my mind:

“The conduct of the Iraqi regime is a threat to the authority of the United Nations, and a threat to peace. Iraq has answered a decade of U.N. demands with a decade of defiance. The entire world now faces a test, and the United Nations a difficult and defining moment. Are Security Council resolutions to be honored and enforced, or cast aside without consequence? Will the United Nations serve the purpose of its founding, or will it be irrelevant?”

On March 19, 2003 the United States armed forces began the liberation of the Iraqi people and in the process to hopefully help to ensure “liberty” here at home.

So, what happened during those 6 months from when the President addressed the United Nations and the next battle against Global Terrorism began?

Here is a partial accounting, taken from memory:

The United Nations Security Council debated and negotiated and passed two (2) significant UN Resolutions which spelled out clearly the actions that Saddam must (not voluntary) must take to prevent serious consequences.

These resolutions passed 15 – 0. Unanimous. The “World” was given an opportunity to have its voice heard.

The United States Congress passed a resolution authorizing the President to:

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.
(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to
(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

So, the voices of the American people, through their elected representatives in the Congress had their voices heard.

During this 6 month period, and I remember this very, very well, there was a very serious and ongoing debate conducted in this country.

It was in the newspapers, TV, blogs, you name it…everyday…

Anti-war demonstrators had their chance…in fact…they demonstrated all over the world!

Everyone had an opportunity to weigh in on this crucial decision.

Bottom line to me:

Saddam had to go.

The situation was beginning to unravel…

The United States had been bearing the burden of containment for 12 long years…

However, we could not continue to base United States Service personal in Saudi Arabia or other Gulf Nation states. The people of those countries were beginning to grow weary.

Additionally, one of Osams major complaints was the basing our Armed Forces in Saudi Arabia

The situation was having a serious affect upon the United Nations as evidenced by the massive, and I do mean massive “Oil for Food” corruption

Saddam and his regime supported international terrorism in many, many ways, both covert and overt

Saddam and his regime understood the strategic and tactical utility of certain weapons systems and worked very hard to acquire the necessary technologies

Pre-9/11, The United States could afford to “wait and see”…

Post-9/11, the Unites States can no longer wait while the storms gather…modern day weapons systems are just too horrific…

So, I guess that you could say that I am squarely in the “Pre-emption” group…

Iraq is not the war, but rather is only one significant battle in a what will surely be a long and bloody war against Global Terrorism.

By the way, be prepared, because there are still many more battles to come…

Posts: 299 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, with presidents needed to be as overwhelmingly rich as they are, money can mean power. If Bush or Kerry weren't rich, would they be anywhere at all? The rich rule America and try to ruin it for the rest of us. Fortunately, they don't have enough power to totally ruin it. I know that I'm just about ready to vote for my father on November 2nd, knowing he could probably do better than Bush or Kerry. I refuse to blindly follow a Republican or Democrat, because I don't agree with a lot of what they say. I fit as an independent, I suppose, and I think Dems and Reps don't care about a better candidate, just blindly follow Kerry or Bush.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These debates we are having are the very reason I love this Country!!!

We are free society with our own ideals and opinions....AND WE ARE FREE TO PROJECT THEM...ANY TIME WE CHOOSE!!!!!!!!

THIS WE CAN ALL AGREE ON....

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAH! 1st Amendment! Where would we be without it? [Cheers]

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
YEAH! 1st Amendment! Where would we be without it?
Guantanamo Bay! [Smile]

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toesonthenoes
Elite Trooper
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toesonthenoes   Author's Homepage   Email Toesonthenoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you again for so much respons on my question!
What a great discussion!
I learned a bit more about what thoughts you are having about your coming election!
Here is my wish for all:
who ever is going to be president the next 4 years I just hope he now will show more intelligence and doesnt deal again with scaring the people!
It really looks like that Bush is going to win this time without DADDYS help!
What very POOR situation for your great country !

However, I hope that every single person knows how much power you will have with your opinion! Because the might of USA in wrong hands is fatal as you still can see!
So in your special case please think twice before choosing!
The result is very important for the entire world!

--------------------
High arches and long toes are a must

Posts: 468 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Sure, the subject of politics always raises a lot of discussion.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links