Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides me and trancefetish, who here likes to play video games?

What are your favorite systems?

What are your favorite games?

My favorite systems are:
Neo Geo
Turbo Duo
Dreamcast
Game Cube
Genesis/Mega Drive

Favorite games include:
<Neo Geo>
Metal Slug 1-3
King of Fighters '96-2000
Samurai Shodown 1,2, and 4
Real Bout 1,2, and Special
Art of Fighting 1 and 3
Blazing Star
Aero Fighters 2
King of the Monsters
Crossed Swords
Sengoku
Burning Fight
and a bunch more

<Turbo Duo>
Air Zonk
Lords of Thunder
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Ys Books I and II
Bonk's Revenge
Bomberman 1 and '92
Devil's Crush
Legendary Axe I and II
Splatterhouse
Boxy Boy
Tricky Kick (when I'm feeling masochistic)
Exile
Ai Cho Aniki
Gates of Thunder
Side Arms
Download 2
and whole lot more

<Dreamcast>
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi 1 and 2
Gunbird 2
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

<Game Cube>
Phantasy Star Online episodes I and II (and I promise I'll PM you when I take my character online trance [Wink] )
Star Fox Adventures
Zelda: Wind Waker (all I have is the demo, and this will knock your socks off)
I plan to get several more games for the Game Cube in good time

<Genesis/Mega Drive>
Thunder Force III
Lightening Force
M.U.S.H.A.
Gunstar Heroes
Sonic 1-3, plus Knuckles
Elemental Master
Bari Arm
Gynoug
Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi III
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Phantasy Star II, and IV
Bare Knuckles 2
and a ton more I can't think of at the moment

I also dig pinball, and shooting pool, besides playing video games.

What about everybody else?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FTPHANTOM
Hall Of Famer
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FTPHANTOM   Email FTPHANTOM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like video games too,I used to have play station,when I did have it my favorite games were any kind of football games,baseball,most favorite Duke Nukem total melt down,now I'm into PC games,I don't have alot right now,I just have the Novalogic collection,Armor fist3,F-16 multirole fighter,Comanche4,and my favorite 1 right now is Delta Force2.

--------------------
Massage is the key to getting your hands on those feet.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did somebody say video games? [Smile]

I'm something of an avid retrogamer, having been abnormally passionate about golden era video arcade games and their various home console ports for the last 25 years now. Back in the early to mid 1980s, you could bank on finding me in one of our three local arcades several days each week. The fact of the matter is that I still frequent one of those three locations today on a weekly basis, and guess what I'm playing 99% of the time in there? Ms. Pac-Man!

I love all of the arcade classics, a brief sampling of which is as follows:

Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Centipede, Dig Dug, Pole Position, Mr. Do, Frogger, Burgertime, Defender, Berzerk, Galaxian, Galaga, Tempest, Zaxxon, Carnival, Kick Man, Karate Champ, Pepper II, Kung Fu Master, Jungle Hunt, Jungle King, Elevator Action, Arkanoid, Joust, Time Pilot, Thief, Crazy Climber, Asteroids, Xevious, Missile Command, Mouse Trap, Zoo Keeper, Rally X, Make Trax, Commando, Millipede, and so on ad nauseum...

Aside from hitting my local arcade at least once a week, I do the vast majority of my video gaming at home via emulators on my PC, with the arcade emulations of machines from 1975-present taking up most of my gaming time. As for home consoles, the warmest spot in my heart will always go to the Atari 2600 and C-64, but I also occasionally delve into the Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Colecovision, Odyssey2, Intellivision, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super NES, Genesis, Lynx, Turbografx 16, Game Boy, and the like.

Game played today: King of Fighters 2002

Checkmate

[ January 30, 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Checkmate ]

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retro-gamer huh? I had a feeling you and I would get along Checkmate. [Cool]

You played KOF 2002 today? Was this at the arcade or at home? None of the arcades around here even carry MVS cabs anymore, and as a matter of fact, the last time I saw a KOF game at an arcade was KOF 94. [Frown]

I have all of the KOF games at home, from 94-2000. Up 'til 97 are on Neo CD, but the final ones are on home cart. KOF 98 is still my favorite of the bunch, though I really dug all the cameo-appearance Strikers in 2000. I've only played 2001 on emulator, and have yet to even see 2002 in action. I have a buddy that's just got back from Japan that's seen 2003 in the arcades over there, and he said it's sweet as candy.

As far as the retro games are concerned, you mentioned Jungle Hunt and Jungle King. I was a bit put off over the fact that only Jungle Hunt got a home release on the 2600. Jungle King was one of the games I was spending my hard-earned money to play back in the day.

I haven't been playing games lately because I need to get my TV fixed, but the game taking most of my time otherwise is Phantasy Star Online Episodes I and II on the Game Cube. I was pretty reluctant to accept polygonal graphics as the standard for games now-a-days, but Phantasy Star Online made a believer out of me.

Sorry, I'm rambling. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>You played KOF 2002 today? Was this at the arcade or at home?

It was at home on my arcade emulator. We still have a number of video arcades here in NYC, but alas, finding a KoF machine is a challenge indeed.

>I have all of the KOF games at home, from
>94-2000. Up 'til 97 are on Neo CD, but the
>final ones are on home cart. KOF 98 is still
>my favorite of the bunch, though I really dug
>all the cameo-appearance Strikers in 2000. I've
>only played 2001 on emulator, and have yet to
>even see 2002 in action.

I've got KoF 1994-2002 on my emulator, all arcade versions rather than home console versions. Yeah, '98 is a good one and certainly gets a lot of playing time from me, but if I were hard-pressed to choose only one, I'd probably pick '99 due to the inclusion of that absolutely gorgeous scene that takes place outdoors on a sunny afternoon which gradually becomes overcast and then downright torrential as the fight progresses. 2002 has a great scene in it that reminds me of this same type of ambience, set amidst an ominously cloudy, grey overcast sky with thunderous overtones. Lovely stuff.

>As far as the retro games are concerned, you
>mentioned Jungle Hunt and Jungle King. I was a
>bit put off over the fact that only Jungle Hunt
>got a home release on the 2600. Jungle King was
>one of the games I was spending my hard-earned
>money to play back in the day.

I hear ya, brother. There's actually a pretty interesting reason why there was never a home version of Jungle King made available. Toward the end of 1982, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc., the entity that held the rights to Tarzan, claimed that Jungle King violated its Tarzan copyright and thus demanded that Taito America change the name of the game as well as the content. The result? You guessed it, Jungle Hunt!

Considering the limitations of the 8-bit Atari 2600 system at the time though, that Jungle Hunt cartidge was really a fairly impressive port of the game, though granted it was nowhere near as impressive as Colecovision's port. Incidentally, when I was a kid circa early 1983, my favorite local arcade used to have one machine of each variety (Jungle King & Jungle Hunt) set up right next to each other side-by-side. Ahhh, decisions...

[Big Grin]

Checkmate

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha I'm a computer jumky! lol. Favorite system is the computer, but aside from the computer, my old favs when i was about 15 or 16 i think it was when the psx came out with Resident Evil. I played all those games the whole throuhg, all levels, unlocked all the secrets and stuff. Even up to the ps2. Ahh good days. N64 it was Mario kart was the thing at the family get to gether, since 4 of us could play, and iwas always the same four of us lol. Then we had Goldeneye 007, which rocked. I dont think we played anything else after 007. Then around Xmas of 99 i got into playing Unreal Tournament and then my brother got me into FF games, i think FF 7 was the one i started on, never got too far. Then he bought Everquest, i dont know if any of you ever heard of or played it. But Thats what i'm hooked on. for 5 years almost now i been playin that game. I think i was like...15 when it started, i'm gonna be 20 in march, so yep. Almost 5 years lol. EQ junky.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've got KoF 1994-2002 on my emulator, all arcade versions rather than home console versions.
The home versions I speak of are on the Neo Geo and Neo Geo CD, which is the exact hardware as the arcade cabs, besides the load times on the CD system of course. Those games didn't come cheap either. I paid almost $300 for KOF 2000, but I got '98 and '99 for around $175 each when NCSX was running a special. I also have KOF '98 and '99 on the Dreamcast for a fraction of the cost, which was interesting getting to see the backgrounds rendered in 3D, but the real grit and goodies were still on the Neo Geo systems.

quote:
I'd probably pick '99 due to the inclusion of that absolutely gorgeous scene that takes place outdoors on a sunny afternoon which gradually becomes overcast and then downright torrential as the fight progresses.
Yes sir, I know the exact stage you speak of, because it's one of my favorite fighting game backgrounds of all time. The way SNK pulled off the watery effect in the rainstorm using 16-bit pixel graphics is nothing short of artistic and programming genius.

quote:
I hear ya, brother. There's actually a pretty interesting reason why there was never a home version of Jungle King made available. Toward the end of 1982, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc., the entity that held the rights to Tarzan, claimed that Jungle King violated its Tarzan copyright and thus demanded that Taito America change the name of the game as well as the content. The result? You guessed it, Jungle Hunt!

Thanks for that info! [Smile]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the little safari guy that replced the Tarzan clone still have the same Tarzan call at the beginning of the game? I guess Taito changed just enough to let it slide.

You mentioned Ms. Pac Man earlier, did you ever get to play any of the Pac Man clones back in the day? There were a gazillion of them it seems, and some of them got pretty interesting. My favorite was Caterpillar. The maze, the dots, the power pellets, and even the sound effects were identical to Pac Man. They just switched him out with a caterpillar and spiders took the place of the ghosts. Of course, this was back when there were little to no laws on bootlegging video games. For that matter I remember Crazy Kong pretty well too. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Then he bought Everquest, i dont know if any of you ever heard of or played it. But Thats what i'm hooked on. for 5 years almost now i been playin that game. I think i was like...15 when it started, i'm gonna be 20 in march, so yep. Almost 5 years lol. EQ junky.
I haven't played it, but I know what you're talking about. I'm going to go online with Phantasy Star one of these years when I can get my fuggin' TV fixed and get my character built up.

I know a guy through a friend who's an EQ junky as well. Going on some of the stories he's told about that game, it sounds pretty awesome. But, alas, I'm a Phantasy Star freak. I've loved that series since 1986 when the first game was released on the 8-bit Sega Master System, so I want to stick to that "universe" for the online business.

I've had one buddy tell me that Final Fantasy XI smokes both Phantasy Star and Ever Quest combined. Have you seen that one yet? I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy, so I'm in no rush to check it out, but I am curious.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah lou, i have heard of the FFXI...Not really a big fan of any of the FF games. I do know one of my friends quit EQ to play FFXI And within 3 days he was back to EQ. Said the UI sucked (User interface) And the characters were really hard to build. IE- You arent class specific at the beginning and can train in many things. Such as starting as a Melee class, and then training in Wizardry or something like that. Which is one of the things i've hated about FF since i started playing it. Not sure about the online FFXI how the Multiplayer/PVP action will be, since my previous experience with the FF series wasnt all that great. Something about waiting your turn to hit a monster/enemy just isnt my cup o'tea , if you know what i mean. Specially when a total attack can be a miss and you need to stand there and wait 5 minutes for the other guy to attack you. Yes, it annoyed the hell out of me! lol. Another game i heard and been hearing about that is supposed to rock the Online gaming industry is Horizons. ... Tradeskills are supposed to be total ownage in that...Millions of combinations of items and such. I have checked out the Screen shots from it. That and EQ 2 is supposed to really kick some ass. Saw Screenies of that also. I dont know if you've ever heard of Castersrealm...http://eq.crgaming.com/ copy and paste that link once, i dont know how many games craming deals with, but it's pretty nice all around. Just search on there for the other games. If any of the games you play, (if you havent already checked this site) are there, i think you'll find it usefull, and they keep up to date on the news and stuff like that for the games/expansions/patches...Good stuff. Hehe ok, long enough post. Yes, i dont like the idea of FFXI going online but it already has, and to tell ya the truth, the EQ community hasnt suffered anything detrimental to the masses Haha, i dont think FFXI is gonna make ittoo far. Mwahahaa lol. Just my opinion! [Joint]

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the little
>safari guy that replced the Tarzan clone still
>have the same Tarzan call at the beginning of
>the game? I guess Taito changed just enough to
>let it slide.

Actually the Tarzan call was indeed removed from the game as well. Once Jungle Hunt surfaced, the Tarzan call at the beginning of the game had been replaced by the same musical medlody that would normally play when you emerged successfully from the water at the completion of the 2nd board of Jungle King.

>You mentioned Ms. Pac Man earlier, did you ever
>get to play any of the Pac Man clones back in
>the day? There were a gazillion of them it
>seems, and some of them got pretty interesting.

Yep, I surely did play quite a few of those (Hangly-Man, Piranha, etc.) back in the day, and believe it or not, there's a diner within walking distance of my house that has just such a bootleg Pac-Man cabinet in its entryway. The cabinet gives you the option of playing any one of 9 or so different Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man variations, including various bootlegs as well as the original classics.

>Of course, this was back when there were little
>to no laws on bootlegging video games. For that
>matter I remember Crazy Kong pretty well too.

Oh yes, I've got very fond memories of the first (and incidentally only) time I stumbled across an actual Crazy Kong cabinet, circa 1981 in the back of a small local grocery store. The truth of the matter is, Crazy Kong was technically not a "bootleg" as most people understood it to be. The company that manufactured it (Falcon) did have an authentic license from Nintendo to manufacture the game, but that license was not valid for distribution or sale in the United States. As such, Crazy Kong was intended to be sold outside of the USA (South America, Europe, etc.), but the lag in production & excessive backlog for Nintendo's Donkey Kong machines for a 3 month period between 1981 & 1982 made the demand for any type of Donkey Kong game skyrocket. This opened the door for the illegally imported Crazy Kong machines to fill the void nicely. When all was said & done, 20,000 of them had been illegally distributed in the USA. That was one odd-ass game. These days I enjoy Crazy Kong on my arcade emulator, and it's every bit as disturbing as I remember it having been.

[Wink]

Checkmate

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Damn Bro, you are a well of knowledge when it comes to classic gaming! [Thumbs Up]

In my case, skating rinks were the best place to spot bootlegs/grey market games. I was lucky enough to play Crazy Kong at a skating rink here in town when I was a kid, then about a year later I played Crazy Kong II at a skating rink down at the country when I was visiting relatives. Crazy Kong II was nothing more than Crazy Kong I, but the levels had a more random order, and it had some sequence during the demo of Crazy Kong hopping around in a cage, then the cage door falls open.

I remember Crazy Kong having a different face than Donkey Kong, he didn't make all the sounds or do all the animations that Donkey Kong did, and there were a few bugs in the game to be found. One such bug, if you could pull it off, allowed you to jump off a level in the first stage and go straight to the cement factory. [Big Grin]

Have you got to see the Hong Kong bootleg of KOF? It's called Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, has KOF characters, but the backgrounds are all from Capcom fighters like Street Fighter Alpha 1 and 2, and Street Fighter II. On top of that, the last boss of the game is a planet, and you're fighting in space! I've only got to see screen shots, and not play it myself, but I have to wonder how one goes about fist fighting a planet. [Laugh]

Also, have you got to see any grey market game systems? There's a pawn shop here in town that sells clones of the PSX, and Nintendo 64. Thing about these systems is that they come with about 30 or so games built into them. I have to wonder what obscure or incompleted games made the cut. [Smile]

That Pac Man machine you mentioned sounds very interesting. Is one of the selections Popeye Pac Man? A local fish restaurant/tavern had one of those back in the day. I've heard that some versions of this had Bluto heads instead of ghosts, but the one I saw just had Popeye's head, and a different maze.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>Crazy Kong II was nothing more than Crazy Kong
>I, but the levels had a more random order, and
>it had some sequence during the demo of Crazy
>Kong hopping around in a cage, then the cage
>door falls open.

That's absolutely right. You've got a pretty good memory there!

>I remember Crazy Kong having a different face
>than Donkey Kong, he didn't make all the sounds
>or do all the animations that Donkey Kong did

Yep, those were all factors which granted the game its disturbing legacy. The incorrect colors, odd sprite edits & changes, and bizarre sound substitutions all added up to a rather sickly yet charmingly memorable experience.

>Have you got to see the Hong Kong bootleg of
>KOF? It's called Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Yeah, that's a 2003 Chinese hack of KoF 2001. I've come across that one in my travels, but unfortunately the game doesn't run correctly on my particular emulator. I get all sorts of garbled sprites and a potpourri of graphical errors.

>Also, have you got to see any grey market game systems?

Well, since the vast majority of the gaming that I do is via emulation on my PC, I'm not really up to speed on what consoles are out there circulating and making the rounds. However, I guarantee we've got 'em here. If you can't get it in NYC, you can't get it. [Smile]

>Is one of the selections Popeye Pac Man?

Nah, the machine that's local to me doesn't have the Popeye variation, but I am indeed familiar with that particular bootleg of the game, and I have it one of my emulators as well. Aside from the two Pac-Man bootlegs that I mentioned in my last post, most of the variations in the machine that's local to me are the infamous "After Dark" variations, in which the maze is blacked out, leaving you to your own devices to feel your way around. It's kinda sexy.

[Big Grin]

Checkmate

[ February 01, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Checkmate ]

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Yeah, that's a 2003 Chinese hack of KoF 2001. I've come across that one in my travels, but unfortunately the game doesn't run correctly on my particular emulator. I get all sorts of garbled sprites and a potpourri of graphical errors.
If you ever get a good emulation going of it, please let me know. I'm still curious how one goes about fist-fighting a planet. [Big Grin]

quote:
If you can't get it in NYC, you can't get it.
Not to stray off the subject too far, but do you happen to know if the movie The Gospel of John played in New York anywhere? I have a best Bro that lives in Bayside that swore the movie never graced a theatre around him, I got a buddy that lives in Flint Michigan that said the same thing, and here in Louisville Kentucky, it only made it to two theatres and played maybe three weeks total. I went and saw it on the second night of opening, and got a pretty good idea why the movie may not make the rounds in New York. I'm curious if I'm mistaken though...

Okay, back on the subject of video games...

Have you ever seen or played the game Gal's Panic? The only places I've seen this machine was in a tavern and a porn shop. About three levels into the game, I saw why this game never got mass distribution in these parts. Naked Japanese girls taking up the full screen! [Cool]

I'd love to get my hands on an emu or home cart of this. The gameplay made of think of that classic game Qix, which was always very addictive to me.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>If you ever get a good emulation going of it,
>please let me know. I'm still curious how one
>goes about fist-fighting a planet.

The fact that that particular game was unplayable had been bothering me for a while, so last night I took a couple of hours aside to noodle with the source code a bit and see if I could get anything happening. In the end, I managed to get nearly every graphical glitch out with the exception of two very minor ones. You got me curious about fist-fighting a planet, and oddly enough, it's exactly what it sounds like. I've taken the liberty of posting a screenshot for you:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287800379&congratulation_page=Y

>but do you happen to know if the movie The
>Gospel of John played in New York anywhere?

I didn't see that particular film when it came out, but yes, we did get it here at our infamous Anjelika Theater in downtown NYC. I think I read somewhere that the film only graced 14 screens, so it was quite elusive indeed!

>Have you ever seen or played the game Gal's Panic?

Oh yes, I'm quite familiar with it. Believe it or not there were actually 6 games released in that series between 1990 & 1999. It is indeed a sultry twist on the old Qix concept of filling in sections of the screen with your controller, which basically acts as a writing implement. Like Qix, your controller can only move in straight lines either vertically or horizontally. However, a game called Fantasia came out in 1994 (and Fantasia II in 1997) which went one step further by not only incorporating nothing but a barrage of digitized full-frontal photographic nudity, but also gave you the ability to move your controller diagonally as well. What will they think of next?

[Big Grin]

Checkmate

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thanks for the info on the Fantasia games and the screenshot Checkmate. [Smile]

I'd seen some screen shots before of the planet fight, but heard no details on how the fight takes place. Does it just bounce around and you pummel the crap out of it or what?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links