Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Gigs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gigs
the_dude
Board Regular
Member # 1531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_dude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, im from Perth, Australia so naturally it is a rare occurence for good bands to pay a visit (we are the most isolated city in the world). Was just wondering if anyone else on here was into live music, I cant get enough of it myself. While I am more of a metal fan I do enjoy all other forms of music aswell.
I know that alot of you are from the US and UK were the live music scene is rockin' [Hump] , maybe you could share some of your experiences.

The best concert I've ever been to was Pantera when I was 17. It was great because it was one of the last shows they played before breaking up the band so they put on one hell of a performance (very energetic).

--------------------
say no to drugs

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea for a topic the_dude. My answer is yes, I really enjoy getting to see bands live.

Some of the better concerts I've been to are:

Rollins Band (Henry Rollins with the line-up from Mother Superior, and talk about high-energy, Rollins is a literal ball of adrenaline on stage)

Dallas Moore and the Snatch Wranglers (When they opened for David Allen Coe, and again when they opened for Kentucky Headhunters. Southern Rock will never die!!!)

Metallica (my first concert ever, and this was the tour promoting the Black album. James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich had a drum duel that was pretty dang cool)

The Misfits (more like Jerry Only's Flying Circus, but cool nonetheless. Jerry was the only Misfit there, but playing the other instruments with him were Rob Robo, Marky Ramone, and Dez Cadena. It was quite an experience to see so many known names and legends from the punk era all playing at once)

Danzig (the tour promoting the Danzig 4p album, which was the last really good Danzig album in my opinion)

I've been to a bunch more shows, but these shows really stand out in my mind. I also like seeing local bands perform, particularly Big Head. For a while I was hitting Phoenix Hill Tavern whenever they played about once every two weeks, and got to meet the singer and mixer, both really cool guys. Their original stuff was cool as could be, but when they did some covers from Prodigy they really blew the roof off the joint.

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_dude
Board Regular
Member # 1531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_dude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on Lou! Ya gotta love Henry Rollins, I've seen some live videos of Rollins Band and it all looks pretty intense. I saw Metallica live a few years back, I would of liked to have seen them in their prime like yourself however. The great thing is we can brag about seeing Metallica for generations to come as although they will eventually split up their name will never die (like all great influencial bands).

Some other shows that stick out in my mind would include:
Kyuss
The Cure (awsome light show + very emotional [Frown] [Big Grin] )
Cradle of Filth (more surreal than anything else)

It's also good to hear that you like supporting local bands [Thumbs Up] , there is alot of great talent out there that needs to be recognised.

--------------------
say no to drugs

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FeetFreak
Board Regular
Member # 1585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FeetFreak   Email FeetFreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best concerts i have ever been to was AC/DC way back in 1990 that show was excellent also seen metallica on thier black album tour another kick ass show. seen kiss a few times, seen ozzy osbourne live that concert was amazing, been to a couple ozzfest shows, also seen korn live.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FOOTLVR
Board Regular
Member # 922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOOTLVR         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been to a lot of concerts but the ones that stick out are:bad religion, mighty mighty bostones, beastie boys, incubus, quicksand, fugazi, slayer, nirvana, greatful dead. all these bands were great to see live, but if i had to pick a favorite it would have to be fugazi. they play with such passion and they only charge 5 bucks a ticket.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink
Foot Model
Member # 1577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this thread!(this is Neo) [Smile] Too many shows to list but a few bands that are flawless live are:
Tool, Primus or any Les Claypool, Slayer, CLUTCH, System of a down, Faith-no-more or MR Bungle, Old-school Pantera shows kicked ass,
I just saw Rollins do a spoken word locally. 3 hours of great story telling. Incubus is Pinks Fav` band. Two great shows stand out. Primus at woodstock 94` and Pantera in NYC 95`. Primus for the wonderful crowd psychology experience of watching the lazy hippies on the ground from the previous Bob Wier set, get trampled by happy bouncing moshers as soon as Les Claypool hit the first bass note. The look of awe, fear and surprise on the faces, between the shuffling of moshing legs. This picture and memory will be with me forever. Pantera in NYC because that was the last of the days when MOSHING WAS PURE! No fights, no meat-heads thinking that moshing meant a game of "how far can we send the little people" Tribal circle moshing, Pink and I spun through the crowd like crazy children, we were smiles from ear to ear, and so was every face that we saw. Pure, raw, possitive energy. You will only find this kind of energy at small, intimate venues. I could go on, but I will see if this stokes the fires again. [Smile] Cheers! -Neo

--------------------
"YOU LIKE IT DON'T YOU DIRTY BOY"

www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.PinksHandjobs.com
www.PinksKinks.com
www.TickledPinky.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.How-To-Clips.com

Posts: 283 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links