Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » PayPal warning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PayPal warning
acebg
Elite Trooper
Member # 2056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acebg   Author's Homepage   Email acebg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know many people use PayPal. I received a fake message from some thieves pretending to be PayPal. They did a pretty good job. Anyway, they'll get your login info if you follow the instructions. The link they provide looks OK, but put your cursor over it and look in the toolbar to see where it really goes (because this is being pasted by me, the fake address won't show up). Here's the message:

Dear valued PayPal® member:

It has come to our attention that your PayPal® account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.
Please update your records on within 3 days.

Once you have updated your account records, your
PayPal® session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your PayPal® records click on the following
link:
https://www.paypal.com/update_page

Thank You.
PayPal® UPDATE TEAM

That's the end of the message. Clicking the link in the email actually goes to here:

http://selecomp.net/secure/cmd=_update-run/

--------------------
I love "Toes that Wiggle; Naturally"

Posts: 323 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink
Foot Model
Member # 1577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did the same thing with Ebay roughly 8-10 months ago, and they got me as well! Bastards! I wish there was a way to find these folks and throw all the broken and virus infected pc`s through thier front windows! Online nasties need to go away. They cause many problems and cost alot of money for little to no gain. [Mad] I will stop now.

-Pinky

--------------------
"YOU LIKE IT DON'T YOU DIRTY BOY"

www.Pinks-Sexy-Feet.com
www.PinksHandjobs.com
www.PinksKinks.com
www.TickledPinky.com
www.Pinks-Handjobs.com
www.How-To-Clips.com

Posts: 283 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of times it can be an unindentify third party doing it or Spyware.
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links