Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » If you own a PS2... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: If you own a PS2...
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go buy Gradius V !!! Don't pass GO, (well, try to collect the $200 anyway), go straight to your local video game dealer, and buy this game! If they don't have the game, cause a scene, raise hell, do what you have to do to get them to get this game in stock!

My Bro left his PS2 and Gradius V over here at my place when he had to go to work last night, and I had to make myself stop playing it! If you're any sort of gamer, and you own a PS2, it should be a crime to not add Gradius V to your gaming library. It's so damned good, I'm seriously considering buying a PS2 for it! I know, buying a system for one game is usually pretty lame, but I'm telling you folks, it is that great!

Beeeea-utiful graphics, dead-on tight controlling game-play, intense shooting action, rendered in 3D but has the wholesome, solid, riveting 2D gameplay you know and love...

Konami and Treasure have brought solid gold to the gaming world...two powerhouse developers joining forces for a game that is stunning in everyway conceivable...I'm not blowing smoke here, I just know how you folks like good games, and it'd be a sin to not point out this stellar game known as Gradius V.

Get it get it get it! [Hop] [Woot]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lacey Lace
Board Regular
Member # 6849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lacey Lace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like crash team racing!

--------------------
www.laceylace.com
I aim to please!

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya Lou. Played it. Loved it. Brought back glorious flashbacks to the days of the snes and my addiction to that generation of Gradius. Great stuff. Super addictave.

Lacey, I've never played Crash Team Racing, but anytime you need a play partner I'm available. Hell, anytime you need a foot stool while you play, I'm there for ya.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IAmSpartachris:
I hear ya Lou. Played it. Loved it. Brought back glorious flashbacks to the days of the snes and my addiction to that generation of Gradius. Great stuff. Super addictave.

You're telling me Brother! Super addictive is right! [Thumbs Up]

Do you own the game? If so, how far have you got into it? My Bro left his PS2 over here again, and I've played the fire out of it more. It's a good thing you can unlock more credits as you rack up more game-time, because you are certainly going to need them for those later levels! I can usually hang with the best of them when it comes to shooters (I've had a soft-spot for shooters since day one), but some of this gets so intense I honestly don't see how you can survive it at times...and I love it that way! [Big Grin]

If there were three games released a year like Gradius V and Ikaruga (for the GameCube) I would never raise one ounce of hell about the state of the video game industry. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evidence
All Pro Poster
Member # 3924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evidence   Email evidence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crash team racing...wow i can't believe you mentioned it..i love that game, used to play it all the time!
Posts: 742 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasm
Major Player
Member # 3081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasm   Email tasm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know there was a gradius v,or even IV for that matter.LOU,i remember a month after i got my super nes i got gradius 3.I liked it alot.Do you remember the "heads" that you had to shoot?And the bubbles in stage 2? Since you like shooters so much i was wandering if you ever played U.N. Squadron for the snes.It came out in time for the holiday season(1991)I love that game,it's funny when things "get hectic"when bullets are flying all over the place,in any shooter,not just u.n. squadron.The CONTRA games were fun too.I'll definatly check out gradius V,maybe i can get a used one.People trade in games like that once they beat it and don't care to play it again.

--------------------
women's feet are so awesome!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Do you remember the "heads" that you had to shoot?
The Moai (Easter Island) heads? Yeap, they've been a staple of the Gradius series from the first game way back on the 8-bit NES, but don't expect to go finding them in Gradius V. I don't know why they couldn't work them into that installment, but Gradius V is so sweet and it's such a ride that you won't really miss them.

As far as finding it used, I wouldn't worry about that. You can get it brand new for around $30! [Thumbs Up] (my Bro paid $32 to be exact) It's worth every penny and then some! [Smile]

Here's a pretty good page showing all of the Gradius, Salamander, Life Force, Nemesis, and Parodius games...all of them indirectly related to one another.
http://www.geocities.com/almontang/PlanetGradius/gradiusmain.html
There, you can see all the Gradius games we've missed between part III and the newly released V. Just wait 'til you see some of those sweet games (especially Gradius Gaiden for the PS1!) that never got a domestic release outside of Japan...it'll make you mad. It's a shame that distributors don't think shooters won't do all that well outside of Japan... [Roll Eyes]

And yes, U.N. Squadron was a classic. I don't know why they couldn't leave the title alone (it was originally called Area 88), but thankfully they left the characters intact, as well as most of the underlying storyline. That game had some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen on the SNES. I always played as Greg Gates, the old guy on there...he had the most hit points (and you're gonna need a lot of hit points for those later levels!)

Contra was a sweet run-n-gun series. My favorite installment of that was Contra Hard Corps on the Genesis. But if you like Contra, the run-n-gun gameplay, you really must do yourself a favor and check out Gunstar Heroes and the Metal Slug series. Have you got a chance to play any of those games? Gunstar Heroes is FINALLY getting a sequal! It was 10 years in coming, but from what I've seen of it, it is gonna be pretty! [Woot]

And since I'm talking shooters here, no convo about them would be complete without a plug for Ikaruga. If you have a GameCube, go buy it! Ikaruga is one of the best and most addictive shooters you will ever play in your life. If you'd like to look into this wonder of gaming, here's a good page about that...
http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/
(and I highly recommend downloading the soundtrack, great music!)
I bought Ikaruga last year when I got my GameCube, and I'm still playing it to this day. Even though I've beat it a gazillion times, the addiction factor comes in making chains with the enemies. I finally beat my old record on it just yesterday. 60 chains in Chapter 1! 120 are possible, so at least I'm halfway there! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Another PS2 game that no owner of the system should be without:
Katamari Damacy

This game, along with the phenomenal Gradius V will have me buying that system yet! I just beat my Bro's game of it today, and it is so amazing, addicting, and unique that any and all gamers should play it at least once. You have to take a ball (a Katamari) and start rolling it around, collecting things into it to make it bigger. These things can be anything, so long as they're smaller than the Katamari so they can be collected. Well, as the Katamari grows, so can the objects you collect into it! Imagine starting out rolling up things like thumb tacks, erasers, candy, match-sticks, and then by game's end rolling up sky-scrapers, bridges, entire land masses, even entire nations! Sounds kinda' trippy, the whole premise, but there's a reason for all of it. You just have to play it to believe it, but basically you're rolling up these Katamari's so they can be turned into stars.

One interesting side-quest (making constellations out of Katamari's) is having to replace the constellation of Virgo. Your job? Take a Katamari and roll up as many girls and women into it as you can spot! Imagine having to push around a huge ball consisting of masses of screaming, kicking girls. Talk about objectifying women! I'm surprised N.O.W. haven't had cows over this game! [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an amazing post (to me), with some information that takes me back to very dear times.

I'll preface this by saying that I know very little about games and gaming. Succinctly, I'm an idiot in this arena.

Going back to 1986, I had the original version of Gradius on the little (Japanese) Famicon. I LOVED this game SO much. When the second version came out, I found myself waiting in line (at the Daei Sangyo Department store in Hiroshima) to purchase it ..... I was living in Japan at the time.

Sometime between the first and second versions of Gradius, I did get the original Salamander - again, for the Famicon. I got so much joy out of these little games - those Easter Island Heads, for example; the mention of them actually made me feel a little nostalgic.

I may just go and dig up that little Famicon when I get home tonight and fire up the old Gradius, just for fun.

Respectfully,

Ben

[ June 24, 2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got home a few hours ago. I dug out the old Famicon console, the Gradius cartridge and spent some time goofing around with it. It was a lot of fun.

Funny, but before I read this post today, I'd forgotten completely about this remarkable game. I'll be getting a PS2 and the Gradius V soon.

Here are a few photos of my ancient (Japanese) Famicon game console and the Gradius game itself:

http://girlswithfeet.com/gradius.htm

For Lou - thank you for enriching my life in an odd little way, by posting this information on the new Gradius V. Breaking this old thing out and dusting out the cobwebs was therapeutic.

Respectfully,

Ben

[ June 24, 2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Sometime between the first and second versions of Gradius, I did get the original Salamander - again, for the Famicon. I got so much joy out of these little games - those Easter Island Heads, for example; the mention of them actually made me feel a little nostalgic.

I may just go and dig up that little Famicon when I get home tonight and fire up the old Gradius, just for fun.

That's cool Bro. What's even more cool about that is that you got to get Gradius II on the Famicom back in the day. Nintendo of America passed on letting Konami release that game over here at the time...something about Konami using unlicensed chips in the carts...so when Salamander came out (here it was renamed Life Force) everybody thought that was supposed to be Gradius II. When I finally got to see some screenshots of Gradius II in an issue of EGM, my jaw dropped! I wanted that game so bad, but, alas, that was never meant to be... [Cry]

quote:
Funny, but before I read this post today, I'd forgotten completely about this remarkable game. I'll be getting a PS2 and the Gradius V soon.
Oh man are you gonna love it! In fact, I think it's going to be either this weekend or next that I'll be getting a PS2 and Gradius V myself. That game is simply too awesome to not own. I've played the fire out of it on my Bro's PS2, and beat it all kinds of times, but I still gotta have it. Konami did the right thing and farmed the game out to be developed by Treasure. Not sure if you know who Treasure is, but trust me when I tell you that they have a real Midas touch when it comes to making games! They're made up of ex-Konami and ex-Capcom staff, so these guys came out of the gate knowing what they were doing, and they continue to kick ass to this day!

quote:
For Lou - thank you for enriching my life in an odd little way, by posting this information on the new Gradius V. Breaking this old thing out and dusting out the cobwebs was therapeutic.
Not a problem Brother Ben, a pleasure really. Thank you for posting those pics of the Famicom!

What other games did you own for that system?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

I also bought the Salamander, King Kong, King Kong 2, Xevius, Star Force, a couple of kung-fu games, a tennis game, a golf game and bunch of others - all for the Famicon.

Last night when I went to dig up the Famicon and Gradius cart, I realized there were about twenty or thirty cartridges altogether. Sometime soon I'll sift through them and maybe even play one or two.

I did put in about an hour's time on the Gradius tonight.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I did put in about an hour's time on the Gradius tonight.
I did too...well, actually I played me some Gradius III and Parodius Da! on the SNES/Super Famicom. All this talk about the series, I got pretty stoked up about it and had to play some myself. [Big Grin]

An hour? That's the beauty about shooters, among many...you don't need to invest a whole bunch of time into them, and you'll get a fun time out of them right off the bat.

Here's an interesting boss character from Parodius Da...a giant Vegas Showgirl!
 -

Hey Ben, you mention the games King Kong 1 & 2 for the Famicom, are you sure you're not thinking of Donkey Kong?

Give me a holler when you get your PS2 and Gradius V, I can talk strategy on that all day! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Brother Lou -

That Parodius screen shot is GREAT! Particular meaningful to me inasmuch as I spend so much time in Las Vegas (and love the city so much).

Your question: "Hey Ben, you mention the games King Kong 1 & 2 for the Famicom, are you sure you're not thinking of Donkey Kong?"

Here's the funny thing Lou, it actually is "King Kong" and not Donkey Kong. Here's the cartridge of the game:

http://girlswithfeet.com/gradius.htm

Scroll all the way to the bottom when you get there.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thanks for the clear-up Ben. I had a couple of different games in mind. I'll have to see if I can find anything about that King Kong game. I wasn't aware of Konami ever doing a game based on that.

Glad you liked the Parodius shot! Some folks may be turned off by the cutesy graphics of the Parodius series, but those are some very intense shooters! One thing about Japan that I find very interesting is their seeming love of parodying their own stuff. The designers can take things as serious as a heart-attack in making games, comics, animation, etc, but then they have no problem at all lampooning the hell out of it. If you like the Gradius series, you'll like Parodius too.

In fact, I believe Brother CJ is a Parodius fan too. CJ, you reading this? Do you like Parodius?

So...Brother Ben...have you taken the plunge and got that PS2 and Gradius V yet? I did today, and man is it ever fun (I also picked up Katamari Damaci, another highly recommended game)! Word has it that Konami has released a Gradius III and IV bundle-pack for the PS2, so I'll be hunting that down in good time! Well, finances willing anyway... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links