Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Tool - 10,000 Days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tool - 10,000 Days
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else get the actual CD yet (not the copy off the net)? Very original cover art with the 3D viewing (glasses) apparantly has some kind of hidden meaning. There's 4 pics of each of the band members along with closeup pics of items from each of their pics. On the official website the word is that its all a part of a "puzzle" to figure out.

Alrighty, who is the brightest person here that can figure out what in the world the message is? Apparantly some of the items are relics or copies from Aleistar Crowley as well as some skulls, ravens, wine, books, embryos, etc...

Oh yeah, the music is great too!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven`t seen it but it sounds interesting. Got to check it out.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't aware that the album itself had a message.aside from the directions to use the glasses to go through the album insert.I guess I'll look for the message when I get back home tonite
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the answer to the puzzle is "you can't download this part of the album on limewire for free" [Wink]

i am so glad this album came out though,its definitly good:)

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha,its funny you say that because the day i got the cd,and showed a couple friends they both said even if the album sucks the albums worth it just for the caseing.definitly original you gotta give em props for that.and yes the album is good,alot better than lazeralas or whatever that last album was.upset im not seeing them in concert.theyre playin 2 nites @ the manhattan center and the onely way to get tix was through them and not ticketmaster,and i didnt know that and got fucked [Cry] .its all good tho,i saw them @ the garden like 5 years ago and the show was AMAZING,doubt it would be that good again
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't even look at the cds anymore, I just go straight to the music. The new album is great. My favorites so far are tracks 3,4, and 10.

I can't wait to see Tool again. I've seen them every time they come through Houston, the last time in the first row. The only other band that I get as excited to see is the Deftones.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Speaking of tool,or tool related,I just herd that a perfect circle is pretty much nomore now.
quote:
Originally posted by rhbdz17:
The only other band that I get as excited to see is the Deftones.

If you haven't herd about already,deftones is going to be on this years family values tour,with korn ofcourse headlining
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
Speaking of tool,or tool related,I just herd that a perfect circle is pretty much nomore now.
quote:
Originally posted by rhbdz17:
The only other band that I get as excited to see is the Deftones.

If you haven't herd about already,deftones is going to be on this years family values tour,with korn ofcourse headlining
Yes, I had heard a few weeks ago. Thanks. The Deftones sent out an email today offering pre-sale tix. I can't wait. They put on a great show. The crowd really gets into it, kind of like Slayer in the 80s.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Presale tix??? When do those go onsale?? I jus saw more dates for the tour,I can't wait being I haven't been to a family values since the first one,almost 7 years ago haha
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

The pre-sale started this morning at 10am for the first 8 shows of the tour. Regular ticket sales start Saturday. If you go the family values site, the pre-sale password is Deftones.
vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Ok back to the original question of the "message" that's in the new tool insert,I think I found it,if not I fount somthing really cool,but I'm not gonna fully give it away.look through the glasses wile going through the insert,and go to the page that has a bunch of words on it,and try to look or read down,and watch what happends and what the message is
Civis Romanus Sum
Major Player
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civis Romanus Sum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not strictly in topic,but I'd like to ask your opinions on the music itself too.

I found 10,000 Days interesting.It has quite enough space to let your mind dive into its depths.
And by the atmosphere I felt like this is a sequel to Lateralus,did you get the same feeling while listening to it?

Despite it's a good album I must also say that it does not reach the peek of Tool's most emotional work,which is still Ænima IMO.

--------------------
Dum loquimur, fugerit inuida aetas.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Posts: 182 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

quote:
Originally posted by Civis Romanus Sum:
This is not strictly in topic,but I'd like to ask your opinions on the music itself too.

I found 10,000 Days interesting.It has quite enough space to let your mind dive into its depths.
And by the atmosphere I felt like this is a sequel to Lateralus,did you get the same feeling while listening to it?

Despite it's a good album I must also say that it does not reach the peek of Tool's most emotional work,which is still Ænima IMO.

That's exactly how I feel about the album. It could easily be a sequel to Lateralus. While it's good, it doesn't pack the emotional punch of their first two albums. But then again, for how many bands can we say that? I just saw Nine Inch Nails for the third time on this tour and while the music was good, it was a bit boring.

Only the Deftones are still as exciting live, but the last couple of albums don't pack the same emtional punch either.

niaclehcar
Board Regular
Member # 14916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for niaclehcar   Author's Homepage   Email niaclehcar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend bought it and i took like 20 mins lookin at it cuz its so fuckin kool. i should really invest in getting a copy. [Evil Grin]
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links