Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Attempted break-in??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attempted break-in??
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a first-floor apartment.

This afternoon when I got home from work, my girlfriend was damn near hysterical. Apparently two minutes before I drove up, she was laying sick in bed and somebody walked up to the bedroom window. With the blinds down, she could only see a silhouette and thought it was me messing with her. The form moved away from the window and about ten seconds later, the guy started hammering on the front door. She got up and went to the peephole and saw two men standing out there that clearly neither one of us knew. The guy knocked so hard that my next-door neighbor answered her door and asked what they wanted; they said they were looking for somebody. They left and went back out to the sidewalk in front of the covered parking spaces.

My girlfriend went back into the bedroom and peeked at them through the edge of the blinds while they were talking to each other. THEN, one of them hopped over the four-foot wall that encloses my patio and tried to open our sliding-glass door. She yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY!" and the guy took off. Thing is, I literally drove past the guy as he was trotting along one of the sidewalks when I entered the complex.

I'm torn between two theories right now. Either the dude was trying to break in, or he honestly thought his friend lived here and was just making an extremely stupid move by trying to open the patio door. I mean, come on... if nobody answers the front door, why try to come in anyway? Just curious what everybody's opinion is.

The ironic part: Last weekend, I visited my parents up north and dad asked if I wanted to bring my shotgun home with me. I said "Nah, that's alright, I don't have much use for it." Apparently I was wrong. [Violent]

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you call the cops? I don't know, most people don't try coming back in through a sliding door when no one answers the front door.

I had my apt broken into in NY. It was pretty scary always wondering if they would come back. I read something recently that a lot of burglars try coming back.

You may want to get an alarm. I would be worried about your girlfriend's safety. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you live where I do there's been a rash of break-ins and armed robberies fitting that general M.O.

Note the elongated cylinder which will handle .410 shot shells as well as .45 colt. Use some # 8 shot and you won't have to worry about going thru the walls.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=198&category=Revolver

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deeparchlover
All Pro Poster
Member # 7021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deeparchlover   Author's Homepage   Email deeparchlover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very odd because usually theives would not be persistant to enter one particular house. A concerned neighbor such as yours should have scared them away because at that point they could be identified to police. Their actions sound more like an over zealous bounty hunter/bail bondsmans that may have had some bad info. I would definitly involve the police while their descriptions are still fresh in memory.

--------------------
Every arch has its ups and downs.

check out link for candid feet clips.
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/7005

Posts: 572 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cops in this area are a bit overwhelmed; I didn't call them because I honestly doubt they'd do anything. I've called them in the past when I've had crimes to report and their basic attitude was "well what do you want me to do about it?" There's probably nothing they can do with just a basic description at any rate.

My girlfriend has settled down now that a few days have gone by and nothing else has happened. We're keeping an eye out to see if we can spot their vehicle again but unless they show up, I think that's the end of it. Much as I'd like to get an alarm installed, she has a cat that would set it off when we're gone... so that idea is out. Thanks for everybody's input, though! [Smile]

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleman5
Loyal Member
Member # 20554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleman5   Email Soleman5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if your Landlord would approve, but if your g/f is home alone alot, consider maybe getting a dog? Not a lap dog, but a large intimidating breed..like a Rotti etc. Just a thought. Her cat might have issues with a dog though. [Wink]
Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deeparchlover
All Pro Poster
Member # 7021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deeparchlover   Author's Homepage   Email deeparchlover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check w/different alarm companies because I switched to a new company and now have more control over the sensors that I want to activate. I can set my alarm fully on with all sensors (motion or otherwise) or I can set it to only activate the sensors on my doors and windows. The latter would probably work for you since you have a cat. This setting would allow you to set the alarm while at home or away. It will only sound off if someone opens a door or window.

[ April 23, 2007, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: deeparchlover ]

--------------------
Every arch has its ups and downs.

check out link for candid feet clips.
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/7005

Posts: 572 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soleman5:
Not sure if your Landlord would approve, but if your g/f is home alone alot, consider maybe getting a dog? Not a lap dog, but a large intimidating breed..like a Rotti etc. Just a thought. Her cat might have issues with a dog though. [Wink]

Dogs don't work after the crook stomps on its head.
Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would be hard to stomp on a rotti's head when he has your leg bit off [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

got some first hand experience on that one. maybe it was luck, but i connected before it did.
MitchC
The Legend
Member # 20084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MitchC   Email MitchC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this. I hate to say, that his story was probably BS, and he was probably trying to break in.
Many years ago, around 1989, my parents had an apartment in New York. One morning, when my father was at work, my mom came out of the shower, and heard juggling of the seventh floor terrace door. She started shouting, and the guy said "Oh, sorry, I was looking for my lost dog", and then jumped over the terrace. He was probably a cat burglar. After that, she never felt comfortable sleeping in that apartment.
The story the guy told your girlfriend was likely a bogus one.
I know it's been a few days since this happened. I hope that your girlfriend is feeling better now. An experience like that is a scary one.

Mitch

Posts: 2593 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cliveman
Major Player
Member # 19258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cliveman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ozkar:
quote:
Originally posted by Soleman5:

Dogs don't work after the crook stomps on its head.
By the same token alarms dont work after the burglar rips the siren part off...

At least a dogs got teeth!

Posts: 184 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links