Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » For the musicians: What songs are you learning now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For the musicians: What songs are you learning now?
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you practicing at this time in your garage, basement, bedroom, recording studio, etc.?

I've been working on:

Rush "A Passage to Bangkok"
Led Zeppelin "The Ocean"
Black Sabbath "War Pigs"

A couple of weeks ago my sis-in-law's husband's stepson (yikes!) came over to start learning guitar so after teaching him some basics and some chords he picked a song to learn. So we did Green Day's "Brain Stew." I think that took 5 minutes for me to learn, but was a decent thing for him, a complete beginner, to work with to try and get time and the rhythm down.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy_Diamond
Major Player
Member # 22956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy_Diamond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there LD. I do not play any instruments but I found it cool that you had mentioned "A Passage to Bangkok", such a great tune. I am especially passionate about two songs from Exit...Stage Left: Broon's Bane and The Trees. Lifeson kicks ass on these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFsQxl2M8o

[ October 07, 2007, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: Crazy_Diamond ]

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky"

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've always preferred the live version of "Passage" to the studio cut on 2112. Lifeson is a fairly underrated guitarist these days.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of late i've just been jamming. Blues/funk kind of stuff.
Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy_Diamond
Major Player
Member # 22956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy_Diamond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMFAO LD! Your avatar...I'm speechless. Ronald McDonald gets blown away by the "King".

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky"

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im workin on john the fisherman, yyz (not guitar hero, actual bass)
layla and the pink panther, just goofin around mostly

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girlgotsole
Major Player
Member # 14405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girlgotsole   Email Girlgotsole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working on some original compositions for piano. I've got some up on youtube already, but I'm working with some people to get vocal pieces going so we can play live.
Posts: 201 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been working on bits and pieces of lots of things, mostly original material though.

My short attention span won't allow me to sit down and learn a whole song front to back. I've been dabbling with Yngwie's style lately, so I'm learning some licks from "Far Beyong The Sun" and "Trilogy Suite".

I'm also working on Dime's lead in "Domination". The rhythms are hard enough at the speed he plays them.

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i play jazz so i guess im learning standards/ tunes from the '60's by miles, wayne shorter etc., depends on what people wanna play. and then i am working a lot on my own stuff.

--------------------
I love beautiful feet. What else is new?

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few songs I'm personally working on. For those of you who are jazz cats, you should know these:

Autumn Leaves
Corcovado
Have You Met Miss Jones?
Days Of Wine And Roses
On Green Dolphin Street
Groovin' High
Moment's Notice (After I work on everything else)

I'm also working on DJing and that'll come soon but my sax comes first.

Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant believe im talking to a footlover in Wu's about this stuff! im working on the same type of stuff maverick, lately trying to work on some of those tunes in 5 and 7 and feel comfortable playing in those meters. i love green dolphin street, days of wine and roses and have you met miss jones.... not too crazy about moment's notice as a song but it is a must know no doubt about it.
some of my favorites and tunes im working on right now are:

inner urge
toy tune (a wayne shorter song)
the song is you
all of you
if i should lose you
esp
pinnochio
stablemates
countdown and 26-2

a lot of these tunes are ones that ill be working on for the rest of my life im sure, but i love learning tunes through and through and trying to personalize some of these standards. im way into joe henderson, miles, wayne shorter, trane, kurt rosenwinkel (thats my guitar player), eric dolphy, herbie hancock, brad mehldau, waaay into the tenor player mark turner, and into lee konitz, warne marsh and lennie tristano a lot.... theres a ton more but who the hell can name all of them haha

--------------------

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

who wrote corvacado? im not familiar with it...... love groovin high have you check out the keith jarrett version of groovin' high?? good god

--------------------

Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guitardrew:
who wrote corvacado?

AC Jobim of course [Smile]
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete the Canuck
Major Player
Member # 16664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete the Canuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of Ben Harper and The General by Dispatch.
Posts: 130 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links