Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » I'm a Mac... I Fucking Hate PC! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm a Mac... I Fucking Hate PC!
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you've heard me bitch before about my PC. For years I used Macs and pretty much never had any problems other than an occassional program freeze. Well, a few years ago I bought a bare bones PC because my friend, who was also into graphics, swore that I'd love it and that it had advantages over the Mac. I was getting into World of Warcraft at the time, so I figured, "why not?"

Right away I had issues with setting up my wireless network with the PC. Mac, one area, type in several settings and good to go. PC, three different areas you "could" do so, and when you did the wrong one, it screwed with the other programs.

Fast forward a little bit after I go wireless with no WEP protection because the PC fought me on that tooth and nail and here I am with my World of Warcraft's screen getting all fucked up within about 20 seconds of logging in. I get a ATI error message and it resets or just locks up. I try all those fancy "roll back driver" things and look into updating the BIOS (seriously, what the fuck??) and got nowhere fast. Everything but WoW worked for me, including video software and Photoshop.

So I continue to change cables and all the other things and now here I am on my Mac again because now my screen is all fucked up on start up and the system resets itself over and over without getting into Windows.

It looks like I am headed to the store tomorrow to buy a new graphics card. I know going PC was supposed to mean the ability to upgrade, but this PC (pieca crap) should have come with Advil instead. To make matters better, I'm sitting here reading about how if I buy another brand graphics card that I should use some fucking program to "totally" remove the old drivers. Again, what the fuck? Can't you just uninstall this shit and let it be that?

Truth be told, I do like things about my PC, but all in all, the Mac was so much friendlier and less troublesome. I know I'll probably have 10 reponses all telling me Mac sucks, but from my years using both, if I hadn't spent a couple grand on making a nice bare bones system, I'd go back to Mac. Now I'm stuck here before Christmas having to go buy something expensive for myself (not to mention, what in the hell card do I buy).

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18280 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent used a pc since 1999, Mac user for almost 9 years
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was impress with MAC's skill sets whe I saw a demonstration at the Apple store. Great chops, man. I'm seriously considering a MAC for my own laptop.

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mac Virgin here so dunno [Confused]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m not saying that PCs are better than Macs but I´ve been using them since the early 90s and have managed to cope with every problem, and believe me, there have been MANY (especially back in the days of Win 3.1 and early Win95). I´ve learned a lot from using PCs and needed a lot of patience, but now I probably have more hardware & software knowledge than the average Mac user. (without trying to sound arrogant)

For a quick laugh read this (provocative) article about Mac/PC:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wing-Washer
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wing-Washer   Email Wing-Washer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought my first Mac in March: 15" MacBook Pro. I just installed Leopard a few weeks ago; I'm not planning on going back to Windows if I can help it...

--------------------
When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
-John Maxwell Edmonds

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Mac girl myself. I converted in January and will never go back to PC.
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good people ^ [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20Legend
Loyal Member
Member # 5492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20Legend   Email 20Legend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I owe my life to Apple. Im a film editor and ive been around Macs for the last 8 years. Simply put they are the most well made, customer friendly computers on the market today. I own three macs, two ipods and an iphone. I would get an Mac tattoo if i could.

--------------------
Arches are my Kryptonite...

Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just got an NVidia 8600 video card and problem solved.

To get into the Apple/PC debate, like I said, I used Macs for YEARS and never wanted to touch a PC. I got a PC and frankly found the programs to respond the same way. Much of the differences were cosmetic. I will admit that the PC is MUCH more customizable than the Mac will ever be, and that's just the operating system (not counting Vista, don't have it, never used it). But, and its a big but, Macs have seem so much more user friendly and stable. I don't know if it is Microsoft's habit of releasing buggy software or Mac for releasing stable software, but I've just always had much more reliable times on my Mac. It just sucks that the company won't let anyone else produce machines that run the software (they did briefly with Motorola and Power Computing in the 90s and more people bought them cause they were cheaper than the Apple brand, so Apple pulled that plug). I think this is what casues Apple to not make a dent in the platform war.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18280 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mac for life
ive got my macbook pro and its a beast

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born and raised on Macs....for me there is no other way.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought an IMac in February and the thing rocks! PC's gave me SOOOO much trouble for years....

Finally I feel like I'm out of "computer jail."

IMovie - fuckin unreal, professional looking movies with ability to put your own (and I mean your own composed/written) music in the background.

IPhoto - the best for organizing, adding titles, editing your photos.

IPhone - most unbelievable piece of technology I've ever owned!

Logic Pro - Home studio that blows my mind. Sounds that would cost thousands of dollars to acquire are right at my fingertips!

...And they all "sync" together meaning, you make a change to your calendar and it automatically changes in your IPhone.

-

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mac here and will not go back.
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both; why not?
The Mac. Powerbook G4 is my main machine, though.

_fjb_

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links