Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » A 19-year old mayor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A 19-year old mayor
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/19-year-old-gamer-becomes-mayor-of-oklahoma-town/1215787

I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline on Yahoo. This is incredible news, and I really would've put this in politics if I didn't think it'd get more attention here in miscellaneous. Discuss everyone.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting he can be the mayor of Oklahoma but he can't legally buy a drink....they really ought to change that damn drinking law but I'm suprised you can be mayor at 19 when you have to be 30 for the senate and 35 to reside in the White House.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the mayor of Oklahoma"

No such position here in the US, A&F.

_fjb_

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see how a 19 year old has enough life and business experience or interpersonal savvy to be in that position. However, I'm sure he can't do any worse than other folks that have held that position in other cities in the past. Its a smaller town of around 30,000 people, but that is still a large responsibility for anyone.

This was posted on a gamer website since the kid is an avid gamer. Do you think there will be more potential for corruption if people can bribe him with a new XBox 360 console and complete catalog?

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wing-Washer
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wing-Washer   Email Wing-Washer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
I'm suprised you can be mayor at 19 when you have to be 30 for the senate and 35 to reside in the White House.

But this is Bumfuck, Oklahoma - not even close to the federal government.

quote:
Originally posted by footjoyboy:
"the mayor of Oklahoma"

_fjb_

[Laugh] (laughing at the response, not the mistake [Cheers] )

quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:

This was posted on a gamer website since the kid is an avid gamer. Do you think there will be more potential for corruption if people can bribe him with a new XBox 360 console and complete catalog?

[Laugh] [Laugh] This could open the door for a whole new breed of lobbyist.

quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
they really ought to change that damn drinking law

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand it's more a matter of the development of the brain than the maturity of the average 18-21 year old. The brain is still developing and is more susceptible to long-term damage from excessive alcohol consumption.

--------------------
When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
-John Maxwell Edmonds

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strakka
Loyal Member
Member # 25671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strakka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footjoyboy:
"the mayor of Oklahoma"

_fjb_

Amigo, the title of the article clearly says Oklahoma "Town"
Posts: 53 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Amigo, the title of the article clearly says Oklahoma "Town" "
Comment by strakka

I know it does; what's your point?
Follow the thread a little closer next time and see that I didn't originally say "the mayor of Oklahoma".
What A&F. should have said was "a mayor in Oklahoma", but he is not from this country so the mis-speak is understandable.

_fjb_
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A&F is from the US isn't he?? Oklahoma...maybe not but US I think so...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The national drinking age went from 18 to 21 on Jan. 1, 1977. I turned 18 in Feb. 1976 (the legal drinking age in Mass. at the time) and could still drink in my home state after the change. But, I believe the drinking age was originally changed due to pressure from the "Drunk Teen Driving" lobby.

Maybe the "Mayor" is one of those Prodigies that earn a Bachelor's Degree by the age of 16. Although, I do agree with LeDaemon about the lack of business and life experience. But, then again maybe the only other candidate was Chelsea Clinton. [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

"A&F is from the US isn't he??"
Comment by bluetoelover

You may be right, btl, I thought A&F was one of our Australian visitors.

_fjb_

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sofatater:
The national drinking age went from 18 to 21 on Jan. 1, 1977. I turned 18 in Feb. 1976 (the legal drinking age in Mass. at the time) and could still drink in my home state after the change. But, I believe the drinking age was originally changed due to pressure from the "Drunk Teen Driving" lobby.

Maybe the "Mayor" is one of those Prodigies that earn a Bachelor's Degree by the age of 16. Although, I do agree with LeDaemon about the lack of business and life experience. But, then again maybe the only other candidate was Chelsea Clinton. [Big Grin]

Drinking age in Texas went from 19 to 21 in 1986 right when I started my freshman year of college. I think the first time I ever got carded though was when I was 26 years old and was buying a can of spray paint at a hardware store. Unbelievable.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:

Drinking age in Texas went from 19 to 21 in 1986 right when I started my freshman year of college. I think the first time I ever got carded though was when I was 26 years old and was buying a can of spray paint at a hardware store. Unbelievable. [/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, maybe my drug and alcohol addled mind isn't recalling it right. The drinking age in Mass. changed in '77. I joined the service in Sept. of '76 and got stationed in California where the age was 21. My apologies. I stand corrected. (again) [Confused]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Wasn't the drinking change a federal law, and not an individual state initiative? Although I guess a state could have raised the legal age on it's own.
My recollection is that the age was raised one (1) year for three (3) successive years.

_fjb_

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

It was changed individually by each state if they were wanting to get federal assistance for fixing state highways if I recall. I remember that Louisiana still had a drinking age of 18 when Texas raised it to 21 in '86. I know it for a fact because the college I went to was fairly close to the border and the kids under 21 would trek over to Louisiana sometimes to go to clubs in Bossier City. I don't know what year Louisiana raised the drinking age, but I do remember the really shitty roads all the way to Shreveport as soon as you crossed the Texas border.

--------------------

footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

You're probably right, LD,and it's hard to remember that far back.
Suffice it to say, I was safely into either legal drinking age. [Laugh]

_fjb_ [Cheers]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links