Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Sad day...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sad day...
The_FJCruiser
Major Player
Member # 6007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_FJCruiser   Email The_FJCruiser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.9news.com/life/entertainment/article.aspx?storyid=110882

[Cry]

[ March 01, 2009, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------
The FJ Cruiser.

Posts: 199 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His tales, reports, and distinctive delivery took me through college, accompanied me to work, and massaged my Grandfather.

His kindly observations have been a cue for me. I don't think that I ever heard him directly ridicule a President but did offer some food for thought that might cause a listener to oppose a Presidential notion.

My hour-long trips to work have, for almost the last year, been immeasurably emptier without him. On some broadcasts, even with editing, I could tell something was wrong and I worried.

I am diminished by his passing.

There are some things that one assumes will always be there. Paul Harvey was one of them.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't listened to him for years. I didn't even realize he was still broadcasting this recently. I best remember listening to his bits when I was in high school and some of the other kids in class also would catch it and discuss it. He did have a distinct delivery which was almost like a roller coaster ride. You'd hang onto his words as the story got more intense like climbing the highest part of the track, then he'd give a dramatic pause like you're at the top of the hill, and then the close of the subject as you over the top down the hill and you would slap your forehead and say "a ha!"

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW
He had a good innings though!
90 whew [Tongue]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to find out, the long pause (at the end of his broadcast) between "Paul Harvey" and "Good day!" was done because he waited for the sweep hand of the clock to hit the appropriate mark to end the broadcast exactly on time.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:
Come to find out, the long pause (at the end of his broadcast) between "Paul Harvey" and "Good day!" was done because he waited for the sweep hand of the clock to hit the appropriate mark to end the broadcast exactly on time.

And now you know ... the REST of the story!

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Thanks, Ben! That made me laugh.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links