Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime Sindee. [Kiss]

Oh no, don't allow yourself to think the graphics in Zelda have gone downhill. It's easy to do looking at still screenshots, but when you see this game in motion, your jaw will drop! No lie, and I'm a real graphics fiend when it comes to video games.

In fact, a new Zelda is in the works for the Game Cube, and the graphics have gone back to more realism. I've seen some screenshots of it, and Link looks like he's about 18 years old this time out. The graphics have that gritty realism, the dark shadows, all that stuff, and you want to know the first thing I did when I saw all of this? I got madder than hell, because Wind Waker, to me, was SUCH a work of art with it's cartoonish look, that now Zelda looks like almost any other 3D game...

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably be buying it when it comes out, but Wind Waker is always gonna have a place in my heart for it's uniqueness and style. I get fanatical about things when they really, really impress me, and video games are no exception. I enjoy all kinds of games, but every-so-often, a game comes along and makes me feel like I've rediscovered the hobby, it'll be so well made and captivating, blowing me away...Wind Waker is one of those games! [Joint]

So in a way, you're in luck with all of this. You've got Wind Waker already available, and a realistic looking Zelda on the way. Two Zelda's on one system...not to mention a lot of other great games for it...that should help you in convincing Tony! [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sindee
Board Regular
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sindee   Author's Homepage   Email Sindee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Anytime Sindee. [Kiss]

Oh no, don't allow yourself to think the graphics in Zelda have gone downhill. It's easy to do looking at still screenshots, but when you see this game in motion, your jaw will drop! No lie, and I'm a real graphics fiend when it comes to video games.

In fact, a new Zelda is in the works for the Game Cube, and the graphics have gone back to more realism. I've seen some screenshots of it, and Link looks like he's about 18 years old this time out. The graphics have that gritty realism, the dark shadows, all that stuff, and you want to know the first thing I did when I saw all of this? I got madder than hell, because Wind Waker, to me, was SUCH a work of art with it's cartoonish look, that now Zelda looks like almost any other 3D game...

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably be buying it when it comes out, but Wind Waker is always gonna have a place in my heart for it's uniqueness and style. I get fanatical about things when they really, really impress me, and video games are no exception. I enjoy all kinds of games, but every-so-often, a game comes along and makes me feel like I've rediscovered the hobby, it'll be so well made and captivating, blowing me away...Wind Waker is one of those games! [Joint]

So in a way, you're in luck with all of this. You've got Wind Waker already available, and a realistic looking Zelda on the way. Two Zelda's on one system...not to mention a lot of other great games for it...that should help you in convincing Tony! [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

That is so great to hear!! Of course, by the time the new Zelda comes out I'll be back in school and once again up to my ass in academic alligators!! Poo!!!

As for convincing Tony... he's already read my last post and said "no" to the Game Cube... [Cry]
Fortunately for me... I have ways of making him change his mind!! [Blow Job] Hee Hee!

--------------------
Co-creator and bedmate of TNTeasefeet.com!

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lou, have you seen Resident Evil 4 for the Cube? Oh man...Ive heard they completely redesigned the game, and that its one of the best the Cube has to offer. Something you should check out man, Im gettin it soon.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Callista
Featured Foot Model
Member # 2335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Callista   Author's Homepage   Email Callista   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the special edition RE4 yesterday. I'm going to sit down later with it and see just how it is. Report to follow. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

-

Check out my Site Updates

Posts: 800 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Brother mystik, I had a Bro here in town fill me in on a bunch of details about it. He said the zombies are a lot smarter this time out, as well as armed themselves. He also said you can loot the bodies of the zombies for goodies, plus you earn money in this one, because you wind up buying weapons. Sounds like it's gonna be a gore-filled blast-a-thon...and odds are I'll be picking this puppy up in good time. [Cool]

Yes, please Callista, give us the low-down on this game after you've put a few miles on it. [Smile]

The only game I've bought recently is Puyo Pop Fever, and that's because I'm a Puyo Puyo fool that can't get enough of popping these little colorful Puyo's. I don't know how you folks like puzzle games, but if there's even an inkling of liking them in you, pick up Puyo Pop Fever! The character designs aren't as cool this time out as they have been before, and the English voice acting is atrocious, but once you get into the new Puyo patterns, plus the addictive as hell and very innovative Fever mode, you'll love this game a bunch!

Aside from Puyo Pop Fever, I'm still playing the piss out of Ikaruga. I got me a 39 piece chain on Chapter 1 two nights ago, the most I've got so far on Chapter 1...now if only I can break 40 or higher...if you like shooters, and have a Game Cube, get Ikaruga! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this is what happened to all the geeks and nerds from high school, they became foot guys/girls..... [Laugh] ....Just jokeing [Kiss]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
So this is what happened to all the geeks and nerds from high school, they became foot guys/girls..... [Laugh] ....Just jokeing [Kiss]

Damn straight Sweetheart! Just give me barefoot girls and video games, and I'm a happy guy! [Big Grin] [Cool]

Of course you know you're dating yourself here Sasha... [Wink] When we were in high school, it was in fact us hardcore "geeky" types that played video games and really got into them... Now everybody's doing it! The cool kids, the nerdy ones, and almost every other type in between! Thanks to the corporations nosing in to the hobby, playing video games (certain ones anyway) is now the "cool" thing to do. [Roll Eyes]

I used to think this would be a good thing when I was in that small "geeky" minority back in high school, but now I'm not so sure... there's still good video games being made, but it seems like they're fewer and farther between than before...maybe it's just me getting older and more jaded with time...but on the other hand, how many current games can you think of that are really hard? Games that force you to learn patterns, think and stay two moves ahead, and be quick and precise with your actions? Nowhere near as many as back in the 16-bit era, at least not to my knowledge...

Oh well, I guess that'll make me appreciate the hardcore element that still occasionally surfaces, and that I used to take for granted...

And on that note, I think I hear Ikaruga calling me from across the house...
"You can't get a 40 piece chain you pussy! And you just try to whip that boss with 70 seconds left on the clock!"

Away I go... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou,

My final GPA when I graduated was 3.7..Does that qualify me for geekdom [Big Grin]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou,

I haven't gotten to read all of this topic being there are 10 pages, but I saw your initial post and it is neat to see someone else into the retro game systems too. I have a collection of some odd balls too. Here are the systems I have, all hooked up and all working. Although the ABCD switches with more ABCD switches coming out of them can be confusing! [Smile]

- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Sega Master System
- Sega Genesis
- Sega CD
- Sega 32X
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- Playstation 2 (no need to have the old one up anymore, but I do have it)
- XBox
- Panasonic 3DO
- Phillips CD-I
- Turbo Grafx 16
- Atari Jaguar

I never owned a Neo Geo or the Turbo Duo. We used to have the Atari 2600 and 7800 way back, but don't anymore.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18266 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Atari. I remember playing that system back in the days. [Smile]
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
Lou,

My final GPA when I graduated was 3.7..Does that qualify me for geekdom [Big Grin]

Nerddom, maybe. Geekdom? Kinda' hard to say...here's a little test though:

While in high school, did you ever get into heated debates, bordering on and occasionally coming down to fist fights over which game system was the best at the time?

Have you ever made a reference to a video game character or scenario in a video game to back up a point you're trying to make on an unrelated subject?

Have you ever watched the clock while in school, counting the minutes down, not just to be able to get out of there, but so you could get home to try out a new code or pattern on a game to get a better score or to beat it?

Have you ever made jokes with your fellow video gamers about game companies and manufacturers?

Have you ever laughed at jokes of that calibur?

If you answered yes to more than one of those questions, you are definitely in league with geekdom. If you answered yes to only one of them, you're still a geek, just a mild one. [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Lou,

I haven't gotten to read all of this topic being there are 10 pages, but I saw your initial post and it is neat to see someone else into the retro game systems too. I have a collection of some odd balls too. Here are the systems I have, all hooked up and all working. Although the ABCD switches with more ABCD switches coming out of them can be confusing! [Smile]

- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Sega Master System
- Sega Genesis
- Sega CD
- Sega 32X
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- Playstation 2 (no need to have the old one up anymore, but I do have it)
- XBox
- Panasonic 3DO
- Phillips CD-I
- Turbo Grafx 16
- Atari Jaguar

I never owned a Neo Geo or the Turbo Duo. We used to have the Atari 2600 and 7800 way back, but don't anymore.

- Patrick

Day-umm! And here I thought I had a ridiculous mass of wires in my living room because of all the systems...That's quite an impressive collection of systems there Patrick! [Thumbs Up]

The ones I don't have out of that list are:
Nintendo 64
Sega Master System (had it and sold it years ago when I got hard up for cash...STILL regret doing it)
Sega 32X (had it, and sold it like a jackass)
Playstation 2
XBox
3DO
CD-I
Jaguar (I came real close to getting this one when I heard about Tempest coming out on it)

If you don't mind my inquiring, what about your game collection? What are your faves for the Sega Master System, Turbo Grafx-16, and Sega 32X?

Also, just out of curiosity, have you heard anything about the CD-I supposedly causing Phillips/Magnavox to have to file for bankruptcy? When I was a kid, my Dad had bought the Odyssey 2 game system by Magnavox (it and all the games are probably ruined out in his garage by now), and I was gaming it up on that about two years before an Atari 2600 was brought into the house, so when I saw that Magnavox took another swing at video games, I was pretty hopeful that they could "do it right" this time...but I think they missed the margin again by a few hundred miles. [Confused]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsfan:
The Atari. I remember playing that system back in the days. [Smile]

Which one? Atari had like three different systems, and that's not even counting their attempts at getting into the home computer market. [Big Grin]

The Atari I played as a kid was the 2600, but once that puttered out, Dad went and bought a knock-off system called the Gemini, which was basically an Atari 2600, but was made by Coleco and had a killer design to it. The joysticks and paddle controllers were combined, and the action button was on the side intead of the top of the controller. This little system held up fine for about a year or so, then the connection jacks to the controllers started wearing out...you'd be in the middle of a game, then all of a sudden your controller would stop working...that really sucked when playing River Raid, racking up a high score, then watching as you helplessly careened into the side of a wall... [Mad]

Still, a lot of fun times were had on that classic system. I remember games of four-player Warlords, playing Reactor until my eyes were blurred, and beating Pitfall 2 for the first time...ahhhh, the memories... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh with all this talk of classic video gaming consoles, now you're delving into my territory! A few of the systems I still like to play around with:

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Colecovision
Intellivision
Odyssey 2
Vectrex
Commodore 64 & 128
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Neo Geo
Pocket Neo Geo
Sega Game Gear
TurboGrafx-16
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Game Boy & Game Boy Advance

To name a few anyway... hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou,

To answer your questions, I don't have a wealth of games for most of the older systems. Although I have over 140 NES games. I went to a store around here called FunCo Land and bought every NES game they had for under $1 one day. I came back with like 50 games at once that day. The others I found in some awesome deals on eBay. Like when I found a NES deck, 4 controllers, zapper gun, flight stick controller, power pad and 20 games for $30. I couldn't believe no one else came along and placed a bid!

As for some of the other systems, some of my favorites are as follows (like I said, I don't have an abundance of games for some of them):

- Golden Axe (genesis)
- Outrun (master system)
- Sewer Shark (sega cd)
- bonk's adventure (turbo grafx 16)
... but tried and true, my favorite game series is and forever will be, Zelda. The only one I never really cared for was "Majora's Mask." Not into the time limit aspect. I just like to stroll around all f-in day and get money and upgrades without being bothered.

This leads me to the Philips CD-I. The reason I got the system is because on some Zelda fan sites I saw that Nintendo had 3 Zelda game releases on the system. I saw them on eBay a few times too, but when I contacted Nintendo to ask where I could buy these, they got all funky with me and wanted to know where I saw them for sale. I read a post somewhere else afterward saying they made a bunch of them and then the contract with the two companies was voided. So if you see those titles for sale somewhere, please let me know. I think one of them was called "Wand of gamelot" or something.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18266 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links