Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks around*

So did anybody decide to look into Ikaruga yet? Folks, I'm telling you, if you're not going to add Ikaruga to your GameCube library, you're doing yourself a major disservice...

Instead of me gushing on and on for the next 15-20 minutes about this game, I figured I could provide a few links to show you folks how sweet this gem of a game is...

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/ikaruga/screenindex.html
Five pages of screenshots to had here, more than enough to get your mouth watering and your fingers itchy to blast right into this excellent game. Just look at those shots...bullets coming at you from every direction, HUGE bosses, intense dog-fighting...

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=I&game_id=10841
Here's some shots from it's original Japanese arcade game. The Game Cube looks identical...

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=ikaruga
Maddox is an asshole, but I can at least say the guy has good taste when it comes to video games. More screenshots here too...

In conclusion, if you've got a GameCube, and you appreciate gaming genius, buy Ikaruga! This game will tax your gaming skills to the limit, and drive your adrenaline through the roof... [Woot]

*edit: And if screenshots aren't luring you in, here's a few clips...
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/ikaruga/media.html
Whoever they got to play it kinda' sucks. Watch that first boss fight clip...believe it or not, it's possible to take down that behemoth of a boss in about 20 seconds...you just gotta switch polarities and dodge like crazy...this guy took the safe route, stayed a "like" polarity, and drug his ass in fighting the boss...all of this adds up...you have to whip the boss within a set time limit, as well as rack up some serious chains to get good at Ikaruga! Man I love this game... [Big Grin]

[ January 29, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Lou Gojira ]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naturally based on your glorious descriptions I'd normally be inclined to go and check it out right away, but alas the only thing that's keeping me from doing that is that I don't own the current generation gaming systems (Game Cube, PS2, Xbox, etc). I'm more of a retroguy, but you knew that already. It does look pretty cool though as far as those vertical scrolling shooters go. Now then, Ikaruga on the Genesis, that'd be right up my alley! hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now then, Ikaruga on the Genesis, that'd be right up my alley! hehe

[Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

That would be interesting, seeing this game rendered in 2D...

Speaking of Genesis, Brother Calico, have you had the good fortune of playing Alien Soldier? This game never got a domestic release (Sega probably figured it'd be too difficult for us yanks), but if you like run and gun kinds of games like Contra, and Gunstar Heroes, you will LOVE Alien Soldier. Just picture the best of Contra and Gunstar Heroes combined, a mass of weaponry to choose from with you picking four types of weapons to get started, all kinds of moves your character can pull off, and huge, detailed, eye-popping bosses out the yin-yang and you have Alien Soldier.

Those kick ass programmers known as Treasure, that brought us Ikaruga, did Alien Soldier on the good ol' Genesis, and in Treasure tradition they pushed the system to it's limit and then some! Check it out Bro, if you haven't already...I'm curious to see what you think of this one. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Speaking of Genesis, Brother Calico, have you had the good fortune of playing Alien Soldier?

Oh yeah, I've played that one. Good game, cool music, frightening enemies. hehe I agree with what you said about Sega probably assuming that it was a bit too involved for an American audience because our popular games were usually somwhat less busy and offered fewer in-game options. That's not the case anymore, as I think there was definitely a gradual shift in our cultural acclamation toward the more pure forms of Japanese gaming in all their hectic & chaotic glory. Just earlier today I'd been wondering if Treasure had made any home console games for the older system, so I appreciate you reminding me that Alien Soldier was indeed a Treasure title.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just earlier today I'd been wondering if Treasure had made any home console games for the older system, so I appreciate you reminding me that Alien Soldier was indeed a Treasure title.
Yeah, I remember when Treasure debuted, they were Sega exclusive. The titles they made for the Genesis are:
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Headdy
Alien Soldier
and some Ronald McDonald game that I can't remember the name of (I still can't believe Treasure did something so...so...corporate mainstream... [Cry] )

Later, they went to the Sega Saturn and cranked out:
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
and my fave of this batch, Silhouette Mirage

Silhouette Mirage was, thankfully, brought over here and converted for a domestic release on the PSX (courtesy of Working Designs and their "Spaz" label) being as Sega of America were stupidasses that passed on bringing this great game over for the Saturn...Radiant Silvergun was passed over too...little wonder why the Saturn died before it really got rolling...

They eventually made a couple of games for the Nintendo64, which were:
Yuki Yuki Troublemakers (Mischief Makers)
Bangai-O (which also saw a release on the Dreamcast)

Along with Bangai-O on the Dreamcast, they made a home version of their arcade game *drumroll* Ikaruga!

So far, Ikaruga is the latest "next-gen" console game they've done, to my knowledge anyway, aside from their working on Wario World for Nintendo.

Treasure is one of my favorite game companies. I would've loved to see what they could've done on the Neo Geo. [Big Grin]

Hey CJ, if you remember the name of the Ronald McDonald game they did for the Genesis, please let me know. Even though it's of that stupid clown, I still have to wonder what they did with the title.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp, Im about 5 minutes from finishing KOTOR 2, and a good 3 hours into Resident Evil 4, and I think RE4 is a fantastic game, you just have to give it time. Throw out any prior knowledge you had of previous resident Evils. Head shots may not always kill, so enemies can take up to 4 head shots (from the pistol anyway) and still not die. Shotguns and Long range Rifles are a different story however. If you do it right, the rifle will take them out in one shot every time. I like the new one better than the previous ones I've played. The scariness factor is maybe a little less due to the fact that there are no zombies, but I've been startled a few times, and feel the blood go down to my legs when I inhale and run head first into a little shack or something I havent been to before. I have to play in sessions though, I cant play for a long time. There is one aspect of the game that I love that very, very few games offer. A sigh of relief. For example, I'm being ambushed on a bridge, villagers coming from the left and from the right, I'm mowing them down with my shotgun, decaptitate 3, drop another 2, then Im out of shotgun ammo. I see one running with a stick of dynamite, that he of course, intends to hurl in my direction. I whip out my rifle, take aim and shoot him square in the face, he drops, as does his explosive. It detonates and kills a good 4 guys around him. I finish the rest off with my handgun and hear the intense music slowly fade away. And I breathe a sigh of relief. Its really rewarding, the things you can do. Say a guy hits you with an axe, you react and shoot him in the chest with a shotgun. Hes not dead, and its better that hes not. You look at him on the floor, point the laser straight at his head, and as soon as he moves, bam. Off with his head. Very cool, very atmospheric game. I didnt like it at first, because the controls were completely revamped. Once I got used to it though, I was hooked. One of the very best Gamecube has to offer. Up there with Wind Waker and Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness, for those who have played that.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bamafootfan
Board Regular
Member # 3490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bamafootfan   Email bamafootfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are any of yall going to get Gran Turismo 4. 600 cars 200 tracks 3 years to make seems like it is going to be pretty bad ass
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
and some Ronald McDonald game that I can't remember the name of
LOL I actually love playing that game! hehe It's called McDonald's Treasureland Adventure, and you're absolutely right in that it is indeed a Treasure production from 1993. It's very much a Flink type of scrolling adventure game complete with plenty of jumping & hurling, albeit intended for a somewhat more juvenile audience (which would account for my attraction to it). The basic premise is that Ronald was walking through the forest one day when he spotted a torn piece of a treasure map. And thus began the hunt for the rest of the pieces. I remember being pretty impressed the first time I ever played it because my hopes for it were rather low going in. But to my surprise it turned out to be a pretty neat little game. Corporate, surely. But kinda fun! While not nearly as spectacular and intricate as Flink, the graphics & music were both very cute, so they just reeled this big fishie in when I put it on. hehe

quote:
They eventually made a couple of games for the Nintendo64, which were:
Yuki Yuki Troublemakers (Mischief Makers)
Bangai-O (which also saw a release on the Dreamcast)

Coolness, I'll definitely have to check those out on Monday when I next get a chance to give them a whirl.

quote:
Treasure is one of my favorite game companies. I would've loved to see what they could've done on the Neo Geo.
I definitely hear ya on that one, my man. I love the Neo Geo just as you do, and SNK as a company was a huge part of the reason why. There's no telling how many other great games could've been realized for that platform had more great companies been a party to it.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
For example, I'm being ambushed on a bridge, villagers coming from the left and from the right, I'm mowing them down with my shotgun, decaptitate 3, drop another 2, then Im out of shotgun ammo. I see one running with a stick of dynamite, that he of course, intends to hurl in my direction. I whip out my rifle, take aim and shoot him square in the face, he drops, as does his explosive. It detonates and kills a good 4 guys around him. I finish the rest off with my handgun and hear the intense music slowly fade away. And I breathe a sigh of relief. Its really rewarding, the things you can do. Say a guy hits you with an axe, you react and shoot him in the chest with a shotgun. Hes not dead, and its better that hes not. You look at him on the floor, point the laser straight at his head, and as soon as he moves, bam. Off with his head.
Damn Bro, you've got a way with words that can hype a person up! I gotta get this game...yeah, I'll miss the zombies, but it sounds like too much of a blast-a-thon...I'll certainly be picking this one up! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Are any of yall going to get Gran Turismo 4. 600 cars 200 tracks 3 years to make seems like it is going to be pretty bad ass
That's for the PS2, right? Sorry, don't have the system, but it sounds pretty cool. I used to like playing the original Gran Turismo back in the day.

When it comes to driving games, my vote goes to Crazy Taxi 1 & 2 on the Dreamcast. I'll take intensity over realism. [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
But to my surprise it turned out to be a pretty neat little game. Corporate, surely. But kinda fun! While not nearly as spectacular and intricate as Flink, the graphics & music were both very cute, so they just reeled this big fishie in when I put it on. hehe

I downloaded the rom and played it through this morning. You're right, it's got a lot more kick to it than you'd think...granted it's nowhere close to comparing with the likes of Flink, or Ristar, or Sonic, or any of the other great platformers on the Genesis, but for a playable McDonald's commercial it's pretty nice...

Of course I found myself suddenly hungry for a Big Mac and fries by the end of it...*lol* [Laugh]

So you're going to check out Bangai-O? My Bro, that game is a pyromaniac's wet-dream! You literally go around blowing the hell out of anything and everything...shoot it if it moves, blow it up even if it doesn't...my kind of game! [Evil Grin]

The graphics on it are really small...but don't let this make you think Treasure cheaped out on the production value...everything being small serves a purpose, and you'll see exactly what that purpose is once you get rolling with it. I know you're gonna love this game! [Thumbs Up]

BTW, what did you think of the SNES game Actraiser? Not the shitty sequel, but the original Actraiser...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the villagers arent normal. Theyre not human, theyre not zombies though. They seem intent on killing you though. At first the controls frustrated me, but then I got used to them (and found the shotgun!) and I was hooked. I dont miss the zombies to tell you the truth, they were slow and the aiming system didnt compare to this one. There are other things...that are far worse than zombies in this game though. The A.I. is smart too...if there are multiple ways to get to you, you bet your ass they wont all go in the same direction. They'll flank you. I got a couple of "El Gigantes" to deal with right now...but I'll let you see what those guys are about when you play it.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
but I'll let you see what those guys are about when you play it.

Sounds good Bro, and you be sure to remember a bunch of stuff in case I need to come to you with a question about the game! [Thumbs Up]

I'm definitely getting the game, but I have to get a new TV first. I fired up Ikaruga the other night, then the 15 year old TV decided to shit itself. [Cry]

I guess it's better that the TV went to pot before I started playing the game...if I were in the middle of getting a 100+ piece chain on Ikaruga (something I can only dream of doing for now), and then it went out, I'd probably have gone homicidal!
[Violent]
[Laugh]

So first, a new TV, and then RE4! I pretty much know I'm gonna like it, it sounds too sweet already... [Drool] [Woot]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best Gamecube games I've played. I knew there wasn't going to be any zombies, but I think what they did with this game made it scary again. How scared can one be the 600th time Umbrella turned its workers and the town into zombies? Same old, same old. This one is a little twisted.

And another aspect of this game that kicks ass that no one is talking about is the money and treasure aspect with selling them to the merchants for weapons, ammo and upgrades. And even better is the ability to combine items to make them worth more to sell.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Yeah, that is pretty sweet. The merchant is a new twist. Just bought an Uzi from him, good stuff. I didnt know I could combine items until now, man Im pissed! I love me that shotgun though, its the only thing that keeps me sane in the game. I feel safe with it. Awesome visuals in the game too...
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links