Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Coolness, I'll definitely have to check those out on Monday when I next get a chance to give them a whirl.
So Brother CJ, did you get a chance to give these Treasure games a playing?

I got myself a good game of Gunstar Heroes in yesterday, the game that put Treasure on the map, and it's still as fun and intense now as it was when it came out years ago. Seven Force has to be one of the coolest bosses ever put into a video game! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't seem to have Bangai-O in my N64 collection so I didn't get a chance to see that one. Did it ever go by any other names? On the other hand, I did play a bit of Yuki Yuki Troublemakers. I'll admit that I'm having a little trouble figuring out exactly what the hell I'm supposed to be doing though because the text is all in Japanese. hehe The graphics are certainly cute though.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, I'm not sure if Bangai-O got a different name on the N64, I just understand that it came out first on that system, followed by a port to the Dreamcast, which is the one I've played...

I'll have to do some looking, but I'm pretty sure it didn't get a name change.

As for Yuki Yuki Troublemakers, I couldn't tell you the first thing about that one, because I've never played it. Try hunting down Mischief Makers, that way you can read the English text. [Smile]

Aside from Yuki Yuki Troublemakers, another Treasure game I haven't played is Radiant Silvergun...I've heard that Ikaruga is a pseudo-sequel to it, but Treasure has a reputation for never making sequels. I've heard some opinions say RS is better than Ikaruga, but I find that hard to believe since Ikaruga is one of the best games ever created, IMO, but I'd like to find out either way. Have you played Radiant Silvergun? That came out for the Saturn.

Also, have you got a chance to play some 32X games for the Genesis? One game I'm really curious about is Kolibri, a shooter where you play a humming bird. Sounds fruity, but the graphics are phenomenal...I'd love to see how that sucker plays... [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Try hunting down Mischief Makers, that way you can read the English text.

Ah okay, I've got that one. I'll give it a whirl in a little while. The English oughta help matters a bit. I hope. hehehe

quote:
Have you played Radiant Silvergun? That came out for the Saturn.

The only version I've seen that one was the arcade version, but I honestly don't really recall it too well and unfortunately the emulation of the Sega Titan Video hardware isn't really far enough along yet to where the game is playable with the arcade emulators.

quote:
Also, have you got a chance to play some 32X games for the Genesis?

Oh sure, I've got quite a few of those 32X titles over here as I'm sure you expected, like After Burner, Metal Head, BC Racers, Brutal Unleashed, Cosmic Carnage, Doom, Primal Rage, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, Star Wars Arcade, etc. In fact, that Blackthorne game I told you about was also on the 32X platform. I'm putting Kolibri on the list of games to play today so I'll let ya know what I thought later.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Then I have four words for you my Bro...

Hook me up please!!!

I've searched all over for the bios to run 32X games, and haven't turned up diddly. I use the Gens emulator for Genesis games, and according to the read me file that came with it, all I need are the bios for the 32X and those games should run okay on it...the problem is, I can't find the bios... [Cry]

Thing is, I owned a 32X back in the day, but with the adapter it used, the Sega CD adapter, and the adapter for the Genesis itself, I damn near shorted out the fuse box whenever I fired it up! I sold it eventually, but before I got to play Kolibri and Blackthorne on it... [Cry]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

You've got mail, buddy.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thank you sir! [Cool]

You've got an e-mail too BTW. [Smile]

So what did you think of Kolibri? Get a chance to play it yet?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
So what did you think of Kolibri? Get a chance to play it yet?

LOL, I played it alright, but I'm not entirely sure what to make of that one yet. I must just be overlooking something with regard to gameplay, because so far it appears to be little more than a flight simulator which trains you to be a bird. hehe I was less than taken with the graphics also, which may account for some of my disdain. Who knows, maybe I'll end up loving the damn thing. It's been known to happen!

[Cool]

Calico Jack

P.S. - Feel free to dance naked at my wedding if you feel so inclined. The likelihood of me getting married is so slim that I'd encourage you to take full advantage of that situation should it arise. hehe

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Bro, if I danced naked at your wedding I'd steal your newly wed wife away from you! [Roll Eyes] Yeah right... [Laugh]

You ever play any Master System games? The old 8-bit Sega? If you can, please do yourself a favor and play the game Phantasy Star on it. It's a turn-based RPG that was LIGHT YEARS ahead of it's time, IMHO. I fired that sucker up the other night on a whim, and have gotten addicted all over again. It's amazing when you consider that at the time Phantasy Star came out, most RPG gamers were playing Dragon Warrior on the NES...comparing those games would be like comparing Sasha's beautiful feet to my ugly male feet...no comparison at all. Not saying Dragon Warrior was a bad game, but Phantasy Star made it look like Adventure on the Atari 2600.

I could gush on and on about it, but just play it and you'll see what I mean. For a "rinky-dink" 8-bit game, it still wow's and impresses.

Let me know what you think if you give it a whirl. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

I'm haven't really been one of the biggest RPG guys out there over the years, but I'll definitely fire up Phantasy Star on the Master System and check it out.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
I'm haven't really been one of the biggest RPG guys out there over the years, but I'll definitely fire up Phantasy Star on the Master System and check it out.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

So, you get to play it yet? [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
So, you get to play it yet?

I did, and I can totally see what you like about it. It definitely seems like the kind of game that I would have been willing to put some considerable time into if I were playing it back in '88 when it first came out. I love the Wolfensteinesque underground tunnel thing that's over on the right-hand side when you start the game, and it made me think that it was ahead of its time, but then again Maze Master on the Commodore 64 looked exactly like that too. hehe Looks like a real cool game for people who enjoy those ongoing saga types of Zelda-like questing RPG games.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Yeah, it's a goodie of a game alright. I plinked down $70 for it back in the day (I used Christmas money for it), played the fire out of it and beat it, then have kicked my own ass for years and years for parting with it and my Master System. Thank God for emulation! [Big Grin]

The mazes are a cool aspect of it, but the thing that really wow's me about the original Phantasy Star are the enemies. They're well-drawn, detailed, and ANIMATED when they attack. That's an aspect a lot of RPG's couldn't attest to for a long time even after Phantasy Star came out, even up into the 16-bit era for a while...

You eventually fight these knight-types of enemies called Marauders, and these guys look like they stepped out of a Frank Frazetta Death Dealer painting. You also fight some zombies, some decayed, some bloody...and the backgrounds when you fight some enemies are even animated! Like when you fight water-based monsters on the shore, you see the waves coming in and going out as the fight takes place...or when you fight a monster over a pit of boiling mud, the mud bubbles and pops...all this on a lil' ol' 8-bit system. This game just goes to show people that specs don't mean crap when you've got good programmers and artists at the helm. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links