Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Any gamers in the house? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Any gamers in the house?
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>I'd seen some screen shots before of the planet
>fight, but heard no details on how the fight
>takes place. Does it just bounce around and you
>pummel the crap out of it or what?

Yeah, you're pretty much on the money with that assumption. It certainly does plenty of bouncing and bobbing. You fight it just as you would any other opponent, and with regard to the girth of the damn thing, I suppose it's really no different than fighting against Chang. Basically put, if it touches you, you sustain damage. It's plenty surreal which I can certainly appreciate, but the only thing that would've made it a cooler experience would've been if the planet sprouted bicep-bound arms and manhandled you thusly. In light of this absence, I still had a good time, and would recommend that my friends fist-fight a planet in the near future.

[Smile]

Checkmate

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, that sounds a lot like the game Galaxy Fight when you fight the character named Bonuskun in the bonus round. He's just a big white punching bag with a face and a red bandanna that hops around and you commence to beat the tar out of him. He'll occasionally spit a little fireball at you, but otherwise, he lives up to his purpose.

You'd think the planet fight could at least involve fireballs, maybe the planet could spin and hurl a smouldering heap of magma at you or something. Oh well, thanks for the info. I'd still like to play this game someday. I just need to invest in a control pad for this computer, 'cuz I sure as hell ain't shelling out the dough for a bootleg game to play on my Neo Geo. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkmate   Email Checkmate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>that sounds a lot like the game Galaxy Fight
>when you fight the character named Bonuskun in
>the bonus round.

That's not a bad comparison to make, but the main difference is that the planet you fight against in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 entirely lacks the charm & flexibility of our canvas-covered friend in Galaxy Fight. I've added a couple of screenshots into my ImageStation album of me facing Bonuskun (or simply Bonus as he's referred to in the English language version) for those reading this who have no earthly idea what the hell Lou and I are talking about:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287800379&congratulation_page=Y

>I just need to invest in a control pad for this computer

I'm something of an anomaly when it comes to using control pads & game controllers. I must've been working with PCs far too long because I actually prefer to use a keyboard, especially on the Neo-Geo style fighting games! I'd be lost without it. I haven't actually used any form of game controller at home since the late 1980s when I had an Atari 2600 joystick plugged into the back of my Commodore 128.

[Embarrassed]

Checkmate

[ February 04, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Checkmate ]

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I must've been working with PCs far too long because I actually prefer to use a keyboard, especially on the Neo-Geo style fighting games! I'd be lost without it.
[Eek!] Damn, you are indeed a unique gamer my friend! I have a Bro here in town that is pretty good at using a keyboard for the Neo Geo fighters, but he mainly plays "charge" characters that aren't heavy on the combo's or intricate joystick manuevers. Me, I'm totally spoiled with the clickety crisp feel of the home system joysticks. I even sucked at the arcade cabs because I was so used to the home system's controllers.

Thanks for the shots of Bonuskun. I have Galaxy Fight on the Neo Geo CD, and you simply HAVE to hear that re-arranged soundtrack to believe it. It's probably one of the greatest soundtracks ever put to a game, IMO.

You ever get a chance to play that pseudo follow-up game Waku Waku 7? I'd have prefered a direct sequel to Galaxy Fight, but Waku Waku 7 wasn't too bad.

You ever play any of the Metal Slug games? That series, 1-3, are probably my top favorite Neo Geo games period, and I have a helluva lot of favorites on the Neo Geo. Metal Slug 3 will probably be a benchmark game for 2D graphical beauty to me from here on out. I have never seen a pixel based game with such jaw-dropping visuals. That background in KOF '99 we talked about is indeed spectacular, but it still pales in comparison to some of the elements in Metal Slug 3. If you haven't played that game yet, by all means check it out! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>You ever get a chance to play that pseudo
>follow-up game Waku Waku 7? I'd have prefered a
>direct sequel to Galaxy Fight, but Waku Waku 7
>wasn't too bad.

Not too shabby at all. I definitely tend to favor Waku Waku 7 a bit over Galaxy Fight, as I find the former a tad more KoF-like with regard to gameplay. I also prefer the animation & backgrounds in Waku Waku 7 as well. And if all that wasn't enough, we still get to encounter Bonus Kun, which you know brings a smile to my face.

>You ever play any of the Metal Slug games?

Oh yes, most commonly as Marco. I guess I can sometimes be a tad traditional when I play certain games. (Yes, I'm usually Ryu when I play Street Fighter II. [Wink] )

>That series, 1-3, are probably my top favorite
>Neo Geo games period, and I have a helluva lot
>of favorites on the Neo Geo.

As do I. My Neo-Geo favorites list looks a little something like this:

1) King of Fighters (1994-2003)
2) Ninja Master's - haoh-ninpo-cho
3) Last Blade & Last Blade 2
4) Samurai Shodown (I-V)
5) Metal Slug (1-5)

I feel that the above games really raised the bar for what could be done both artistically and conceptually with the fighter game ideology. The Last Blade games in particular really do offer some fantastic stuff in the way of eye candy, not to mention the sheer flexibility of the characters' movements. Those games are an absolute pleasure to play, and they seem to possess no shortage of creative merit.

>Metal Slug 3 will probably be a benchmark game
>for 2D graphical beauty to me from here on out.
>I have never seen a pixel based game with such
>jaw-dropping visuals.

I'm with you 100%. The only reason I hadn't brought up the Metal Slug games thus far is because all of the Neo-Geo games I'd mentioned prior to this point have been of the fighter persuasion. Metal Slug is of course more of a scrolling beat-em-up type series, but a strikingly brilliant one at that. I first encountered Metal Slug 3 in my local arcade back in 2000 and that game was my introduction to the series. Not a bad introduction, huh? These days I enjoy playing all 5 of the Metal Slug games at home via emulation.

Ya know Lou, the more we carry out this thread, the more I realize that I'm starting to sound like something of a hardcore purist, as virtually all of the games I've mentioned were manufactured by SNK for Neo-Geo/MVS hardware. There are certainly others in the industry who are worthy of mention, such as Capcom, who've done some simply amazing things with their CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, & Naomi hardware over the last ten years. I'd be lying though if I said that the Neo-Geo games haven't been taking up the majority of my gaming time lately.

[Wink]

Checkmate

P.S. - Honorable Neo-Geo mentions go to:

1) Art of Fighting (1-3)
2) Fatal Fury (1-3, Real Bout, Garou)
3) Karnov's Revenge / Fighter's History Dynamite
4) Baseball Stars Professional (that's right!)

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not too shabby at all. I definitely tend to favor Waku Waku 7 a bit over Galaxy Fight, as I find the former a tad more KoF-like with regard to gameplay. I also prefer the animation & backgrounds in Waku Waku 7 as well. And if all that wasn't enough, we still get to encounter Bonus Kun, which you know brings a smile to my face.
Yeah Waku Waku 7 had the improved gameplay, no doubt there. I personally dug Galaxy Fight more because of the character designs, the premise behind the game, and the fact that there were no boundaries in the stages, not to mention the soundtrack. They just shot all that in the ass by giving it some wonky controls and a cheap AI. [Frown] That's why I always hoped a Galaxy Fight 2 could come along and remedy all that. I mean hell, we got 4 World Heroes games from Alpha Denshi, and I never liked that series. You'd think Sunsoft could've knuckled down and brought out an improved sequel. Oh well...

quote:
Oh yes, most commonly as Marco. I guess I can sometimes be a tad traditional when I play certain games.
I'm a Tarma man myself. I think it's the shades that I like about him. Not that it matters a whole lot, the characters all play identical anyway. [Big Grin]

quote:
These days I enjoy playing all 5 of the Metal Slug games at home via emulation.
I heard that the characters have different attributes gameplay wise in part 5. Is this true?

quote:
Ya know Lou, the more we carry out this thread, the more I realize that I'm starting to sound like something of a hardcore purist, as virtually all of the games I've mentioned were manufactured by SNK for Neo-Geo/MVS hardware. There are certainly others in the industry who are worthy of mention, such as Capcom, who've done some simply amazing things with their CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, & Naomi hardware over the last ten years. I'd be lying though if I said that the Neo-Geo games haven't been taking up the majority of my gaming time lately.

The Neo Geo just has an appeal that is undeniable. I don't think I've ever nailed it down exactly, but nothing plays, looks, or feels like a Neo Geo game. I personally wish Playmore would throw in the towel, and the Neo Geo could die an honorable death rather than be kept on life support the way it has. Have you seen SNK vs Capcom for the Neo Geo, or Samurai Shodown V? Man, these games have been in the works for years. The amount of recycling in those sprites is quite unforgivable. [Frown]

I don't know, I could be wrong, but I think it's time to stop flogging this 14 year old horse...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>I heard that the characters have different attributes
>gameplay wise in part 5. Is this true?

Hmmm, nothing really jumps out at me as overtly different with regard to the characters themselves. You'll be happy to know that Tarma & Eri are back in part 5 (they'd been replaced with Trevor & Nadia in part 4). The game generally uses the same old sprites for walking, jumping, shooting, knifing, & throwing grenades, and for the most part they have all the same moves. The only new character move in part 5 is the introduction of a new slide move which is accomplished by holding down and pressing the jump button. This helps to make overhead air attacks easier to evade, but "underhead" sea attacks much more difficult to combat. Other than that it's got the same highly-detailed graphics as the others in the series, and the soundtrack this time around has a heavier rock element to it than strictly military themes. It may not be the visual accomplishment that part 3 was, but that's mainly because it doesn't break any new ground.

Metal Slug 5 probably has less sprite recycling than its predecessor, largely thanks to the inclusion of a few completely new enemies & vehicles. Incidentally, that's also one of the things that I like about King of Fighters 2003. In addition to offering some new characters, they also include a new feature - being able to tag one character out of the fight and have one of your other characters tag in to replace them. This was a feature commonly found on some other fighter games in the past such as Capcom's Marvel Vs. Capcom series and Evoga/Playmore's Rage Of The Dragons on Neo-Geo. It's the first time it's been done in a KoF game though as far as I recall, and it's a pretty nifty addition.

>Have you seen SNK vs Capcom for the Neo Geo, or
>Samurai Shodown V? Man, these games have been
>in the works for years. The amount of recycling
>in those sprites is quite unforgivable.

Yes, I've got both of those games on my emulator. You're absolutely right about the sprite recycling, and in essence, most of these fighter sequels are essentially just the original game with a variety of new backgrounds. As far as the specific games you mentioned, Samurai Shodown V certainly suffers from unoriginality upon first glance, and aside from its new "lie down" move, it really feels like you're playing part IV. SNK vs. Capcom is a tad more interesting though, offering a KoF vs. Street Fighter type idea with a little bit of a leaning toward the KoF side of the equation. For instance, it utilizes a 4-button layout instead of a 6-button one as you'd find on the Capcom fighters. There are some noticeable changes, such as the lack of an evasive A+B roll move, but this is replaced by a new guard move. This game is still very new to me so I look forward to familiarizing myself more with it before shaping a definitive opinion.

Checkmate

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Hey Checkmate, do you happen to like the Turbo Duo/PC Engine games too? You're very familiar with the classics, obviously, so I was wondering if you played any Turbo as well.

BTW, thanks for the info on Metal Slug 5, it sounds interesting, but I think I'll try and get another version rather than the Neo Geo cart because of the price tag.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>do you happen to like the Turbo Duo/PC Engine games too?

Are you referring to NEC's PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16)? If so, then sure I do! I just played a game of Hyper Dyne Side Arms on it a little while ago. I remember how it got beat up by the critics shortly after its US release in 1989 because NEC had touted the console for its technologically advanced 16-bit system. The truth of the matter was that the processor & graphics core were a hybrid mixture of 16-bit *and* old 8-bit technologies, so they kinda fibbed on that one a little and got caught in the process. [Wink]

Critical press aside, that system had its work cut out for it in its attempt to compete with both Sega's Mega-Drive (Genesis) and later with Nintendo's Super NES. It didn't stand a chance in Hell once people saw what Donkey Kong Country looked like. It'll always have a warm place in my heart though, as do all these systems. Ah, mem'ries...

Checkmate

OrangeRhino
Board Regular
Member # 1560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrangeRhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey for you guys that like classic gaming, you should really consider getting an XBOX. I know that it sounds kinda weird. Classic gaming on an XBOX? Yes! [Smile] If you get a modchip for it, you can put tons of emulators on it.
Here's a list of some of the consoles you can get emulators for XBOX (taken from here):
ColecoVision
Atari
Intellivision
Sega Genisis
N64
Sega Master system
MAME
NES
Sega Mega CD
Gameboy/Color/Advance/Super Gameboy/Super Gameboy2
NeoGeo
NeoGeo pocket color
Wonderswan
Playstation
SNES

It's like having nearly all the old systems on one console. It's really nice and gives the feel of a console rather than having to play all your roms on your computer. If any of you guys are interested. just go to www.xbox-scene.com. They've got tons of tutorials on how to mod your XBOX. The forums there are very helpful as well. All I've got to say is it's the coolest thing I've ever been able to do with ANY console before.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Checkmate:
>do you happen to like the Turbo Duo/PC Engine games too?

Are you referring to NEC's PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16)? If so, then sure I do! I just played a game of Hyper Dyne Side Arms on it a little while ago. I remember how it got beat up by the critics shortly after its US release in 1989 because NEC had touted the console for its technologically advanced 16-bit system. The truth of the matter was that the processor & graphics core were a hybrid mixture of 16-bit *and* old 8-bit technologies, so they kinda fibbed on that one a little and got caught in the process. [Wink]

Critical press aside, that system had its work cut out for it in its attempt to compete with both Sega's Mega-Drive (Genesis) and later with Nintendo's Super NES. It didn't stand a chance in Hell once people saw what Donkey Kong Country looked like. It'll always have a warm place in my heart though, as do all these systems. Ah, mem'ries...

Checkmate

Hyperdyne Side Arms? That was an excellent shooter. Very unforgiving, but intense as hell and a pure blast through-out. I think I've only managed to beat that game maybe once or twice. [Smile]

If you like the Turbo, you HAVE to play the game Lords of Thunder. That is probably always going to be my favorite shooter of all time.

Another shooter you should check out, if you're comfortable with your manhood, is Ai Cho Aniki. That game is oozing with homosexual innuendo, but aside from that sick point, the game is a total adrenaline rush as you blast your way through some beautifully drawn levels set to a sound track that is easily a masterpiece. One of these days I'm going to have to get the soundtrack burned off the disk so I can listen to it in my car. [Wink] The last boss is a giant (and I do mean giant) dominatrix that dances and shakes her ass to an awesome techno soundtrack as she tries to take you out. I've never wanked over a video game before, but this dominatrix boss is so hot (no lie) it's almost a crying shame you're too busy dodging bullets to sit back and just watch her dance. [Laugh]

Another game to check out is Download 2. It's a hard as fuck shooter set in the real world, and occasionally in the virtual reality world when your character jacks into a computer terminal. The last level has you in the mind of Adolf Hitler (makes sense once you know the storyline), dog-fighting the Luft Waffe and Panzers, along with a ton of other targets. Hitler himself is a last boss, and you haven't seen hard until you try to take him down. The only way I saw the game's ending was by cheating and using a code to view the cinema's. [Roll Eyes]

I could go on all day over great Turbo games. Yeah, you're right, them trying to pass this system off as a true 16-bit system was a bad move. But I still think it had a lot of charm in certain areas whereas the Genesis and SNES kinda' lacked. Not saying those systems sucked, but the Turbo just outright had them whipped in a couple of departments. It's too bad the majority of people out there will never know what they missed out on. [Frown]

You got any Turbo faves?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Oranged00d:
Hey for you guys that like classic gaming, you should really consider getting an XBOX. I know that it sounds kinda weird. Classic gaming on an XBOX? Yes! [Smile] If you get a modchip for it, you can put tons of emulators on it.
Here's a list of some of the consoles you can get emulators for XBOX (taken from here):
ColecoVision
Atari
Intellivision
Sega Genisis
N64
Sega Master system
MAME
NES
Sega Mega CD
Gameboy/Color/Advance/Super Gameboy/Super Gameboy2
NeoGeo
NeoGeo pocket color
Wonderswan
Playstation
SNES

It's like having nearly all the old systems on one console. It's really nice and gives the feel of a console rather than having to play all your roms on your computer. If any of you guys are interested. just go to www.xbox-scene.com. They've got tons of tutorials on how to mod your XBOX. The forums there are very helpful as well. All I've got to say is it's the coolest thing I've ever been able to do with ANY console before.

Yeah, Oranged00d, I know what you're talking about. The main drawing point for me, in the XBox arena, is being able to download and play arcade CPS boards. I would love to get my hands on a bunch of arcade classics to play on a system rather than playing them on an emulator (I can't stand using my keyboard as a controller).

But, alas, my last big gaming purchase was a Game Cube. I want to support the last system made by a real gaming company and not some faceless corporation like Microsoft or Sony. Not saying the XBox or PS2 are bad systems, but I genuinely think gaming has gone too far in the mainstream, and needs to come back to the gamers market if it is to get back on track.

Not to mention the Game Cube exclusives. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Checkmate
Major Player
Member # 1483

>You got any Turbo faves?

Well, as far as the specific games you mentioned (Lords of Thunder, Download 2, etc.), unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of playing those yet as those are CD-based games and alas, my PCE/TG-16 collection accounts for the entirety of the non-CD-based games for that system. This week I've been devoting a bit of time to playing three of the old 8-bit systems (Atari 2600, Intellivision, & Colecovision) comparatively, noting the pros and cons of how the different systems attempted to actualize their own distinctive ports of the same games. Some of the audiovisual limitations of that MOS 6507 microprocessor chip are more than amusing in retrospect. However, next week I'll probably be examining the 16-bit systems in much more depth, so I'll be sure and namecheck a few PCE/TG-16 favorites that stand out after I sift through 'em all.

Checkmate

FeetFreak
Board Regular
Member # 1585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FeetFreak   Email FeetFreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a gamer since the early 80's. Video games have changed so much since then. my favorite game console is the xbox but i own them all..
Posts: 28 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Checkmate:
>You got any Turbo faves?

Well, as far as the specific games you mentioned (Lords of Thunder, Download 2, etc.), unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of playing those yet as those are CD-based games and alas, my PCE/TG-16 collection accounts for the entirety of the non-CD-based games for that system. This week I've been devoting a bit of time to playing three of the old 8-bit systems (Atari 2600, Intellivision, & Colecovision) comparatively, noting the pros and cons of how the different systems attempted to actualize their own distinctive ports of the same games. Some of the audiovisual limitations of that MOS 6507 microprocessor chip are more than amusing in retrospect. However, next week I'll probably be examining the 16-bit systems in much more depth, so I'll be sure and namecheck a few PCE/TG-16 favorites that stand out after I sift through 'em all.

Checkmate

Keep me posted on which games you wind up enjoying the most. [Thumbs Up]

For the time being, I've been hooked on the original Phantasy Star game on the Sega Master System. I forgot how unforgiving that game could be! [Eek!] These RPG's now-a-days are so family friendly anybody can play through them with enough time on their hands. The older RPG's broke you down and MADE you map out the dungeons and level up considerably before you tried to progress. I spent about 3 and 1/2 hours lost in a damned dungeon last night and wound up dying in there before getting back to town... [Mad]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links