Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Best music Decade (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best music Decade
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Pandora's Box an Aerosmith album?
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!
Here is the album art.
 -

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More specifically, Pandora's Box is an Aerosmith box set which collects more than fifty singles, album tracks, demos, outtakes, live cuts and rarities. An old bandmate of mine used to always have that box set lying around the studio so that's why I remember it. "Pandora's Box" is also the title of an Aerosmith song which is on that box set, as well as the title of a different song by OMD (Paul Humphrey & Andy McCluskey). OMD were another one of those British new wave bands that were significant in influencing the shape & sound of the electronica that I was writing and performing back between 1991 & 1996. Good stuff!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 80s were also an ok decade, although not my favorite.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Yes!
Here is the album art.
 -

Oh, good for a second I thought I was having Alzheimer's [Laugh] [Laugh]

Man, I'm getting OLD [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks Lord, that is exactly what Stacey just told me. I don't remember them?

Yep.Thats who OMD is...

I almost forgot.....One of the best ROCK and ROLL albums ever I think was AEROSMITH ROCKS...Not one bad song on that album.A true classic!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 80s were the best no doubt about it!
My favourite group, although previous to the 80s are Genesis! Too bad they are over!
[kiss]

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>My favourite group, although previous to the
>80s are Genesis! Too bad they are over!

Not only are they over, but Phil Collins is currently embarking upon his final farewell concert tour. See him if you can! Phil is still one of my all-time favorite male vocalists on the same list with Steve Perry, John Lennon, Peter Ceterra, and many others. And I'm with Elz, Genesis was a great band!!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luciano
Major Player
Member # 2337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luciano   Email Luciano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read something about Genesis I feel younger. I spent the best years of my life with their magic music. Trespass, Nursery Crime, Foxtrot, Genesis live, Selling England by the pound, The lamb lies down on Broadway...magic moments, beautiful words, great music. Musical box, Firth of fifth and Dancing with the moonlit knights are masterpieces I will never forget.
Luciano

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elzbennet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
>My favourite group, although previous to the
>80s are Genesis! Too bad they are over!

Not only are they over, but Phil Collins is currently embarking upon his final farewell concert tour. See him if you can! Phil is still one of my all-time favorite male vocalists on the same list with Steve Perry, John Lennon, Peter Ceterra, and many others. And I'm with Elz, Genesis was a great band!!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Phil Collins was a great vocalist (still is i suppoose [Confused] ), i never really liked Peter Gabriel and i started liking Genesis with P.Collins. He came to Portugal recently but i missed him, apparently he even sang some stuff from Genesis but him, solo, is average i think. Heīs not such a good composer as Mike Rutherford, so i believe he should have sticked with them! And his last records...YUCK! Terrible!
And there was a rumour some time ago that they would get together again for a last tour...of course it was just a rumour [sad] !
The thing that really gets me "mad" is the fact that i lost their concert many years ago, here in Lisbon. It was fabulous and lasted 3 hours!
Their last vocalist wasnīt as good but still i think they should have had more support, they were a little ignored and iīd like to see more of Genesis.
As for other musics and musicians from the 80īs, i can name some wich i still like, some musics simple do not die...groups like The Cars with the song "Drive", Reo Speedwagon with "Canīt stop this feeling", Icehouse and "Crazy", Laura Branigan "Self Control", Pat Benatar, I also listened to Camel, Supertramp and many more.
[kiss]

--------------------
Elz

Posts: 937 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elzbennet
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1234

quote:
Originally posted by Luciano:
When I read something about Genesis I feel younger. I spent the best years of my life with their magic music. Trespass, Nursery Crime, Foxtrot, Genesis live, Selling England by the pound, The lamb lies down on Broadway...magic moments, beautiful words, great music. Musical box, Firth of fifth and Dancing with the moonlit knights are masterpieces I will never forget.
Luciano

Indeed Luciano! [Hump] I love their musics too and i will not name them because there are so many! Itīs one of those rare groups that kept doing good music as the years went by, some records better than others but still, high quality. And nowadays groups like Genesis simply do not exist!
[kiss]

--------------------
Elz

mizubaku
Loyal Member
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizubaku   Email mizubaku   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's hard to choose a particular decade because all of them have been important in the evolution of music. I suppose the 60s might be the most important in terms of how music flourished and broke from the chains of rock and roll and has lead us, at least in part, to where we are now with such a diverse selection of music to listen to. I love all those girl groups from that era with those great powerful ballads with the huge vocals, wistful lyrics and intoxicating melodies. I think all the psychedelic weird shit was interesting and important too and, of course, you had the Beatles.

As an era the 70s were pretty bland really, but punk was also an important thing to happen and the end of the decade saw the advent of a truly great independent scene, where you really felt like just everyday ordinary people were singing about what they wanted to or making records of the like that had never been heard before.

The 80s were a great decade because the independent scene really kicked in properly and so much interesting and diverse music came about and it was a truly exciting time. Also the technology that we take for granted now in music production was all new then and records started to sound like they hadn't before with the use of samplers and computers. Unlike now, generally speaking people would use these very creatively. As the 80s came to a close you had house and techno starting to appear as well which gave music another interesting colour and has lead to where we find ourselves today with stuff like the electro clash scene and back to basics synthesiser music. The other good thing about that decade was that unlike now where you have a load of manufactured garbage at the forefront of what everyone considers as the current musical climate , back then people with real talent were in the limelight. People who were amazingly creative and had something to say in their music, like The Smiths and The The and Depeche Mode and countless others. I cannot honestly remember a time of recent years where I have heard a mainstream record coming through the TV, or the radio, that had anything of value to say to me about my life, or life in general. OK, apart from Morrissey's new album. [Wink]

I'm not sure of what to think of the 90s as I can't think of it having any particular identity. Although having said that some of my favourite records are from that time and the one good thing about it was you had some amazing records - kind of like bits of shrapnel embedded into the anonymous body that music was back then - as the artists who were making great music in the previous decades had matured and were making some of their best work.

I find this decade now particularly strange, I'm not even sure what music is meant to be anymore as with the advent of computers and downloading a lot of people just see it as a commodity more than the beautiful thing it really is. I think now it is a case of there being more content over style. There's a million niche genres for just about everything, which I suppose is nice, but I'd rather be hearing records that can stop you in your tracks with an incredible and unpredictable chord change or reduce you to tears with just a beautifully well written couplet. I feel like I have to work really hard now to find something that stirs me and not so long ago somehow those kind of records would just gravitate towards me through the ether. It's worth putting in the effort to find it though, because, in my opinion, music is unique. There's nothing else in the world that can do the things to you that it does. It's almost supernatural in the way it can sometimes weave its way around your very soul, extract the emotions from it and play them back at you amplified to the point where there's little else to do but cry.

It makes me sad that we are living through a time where it's not valued as it once was and deserves to be.

Thanks for reading.

Posts: 86 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

That was beautifully said, mizubaku! I agree with everything that you wrote with the exception of the 1970s being a pretty bland decade musically. I think a lot of brilliant music and creative ideas spilled over from the late 60s into the 70s and enabled the further development (and birth in some cases!) of many genres. The 70s offered us great rock (Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd), progressive rock (Rush, Yes, King Crimson), funk (Sly & the Family Stone, Grand Funk Railroad, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic), punk (Sex Pistols, Ramones), disco (ABBA, Bee Gees, KC & the Sunshine Band), early electronica (Kraftwerk, Neu!, Tangerine Dream) and sewed the seeds of heavy metal (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC) as well! Plus I was born during the 70s, so how could they be that bad?

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though most of my favorite artists were primarily 60s artists, I think rock n' roll was still very young then.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As an era the 70s were pretty bland really
HUH???????1970-1979 Stones(their hey days)Zeppelin,KISS,Boston,Aerosmith Frampton,Floyd,Traffic,Bowie, T REX, New York DOLLS, Genisis, Cheap Trick,Van Halen,JOURNEY!! JOPLIN, HENDRIX, SEX PISTOLS, CARS, B,52's,Clash, BLONDIE, Pretenders, RUSH, Do you want me to continue..Some of these bands started in the 60's&70;s but all of these bands flourished in the 70;s......The 70's is by far the most influential time music...IN MY MIND

If it wasnt for the 70's the 80's would only have been DISCO!!!!!!

[ September 21, 2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Sasha ]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links