Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » If you own a PS2... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: If you own a PS2...
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Lou -

The King Kong is a lot darker than Donkey Kong - brooding.

I haven't picked up the console / game yet. Today was a day packed with activities (some of which I hope to write about in these forums later).

Based on your recommendation, I'll investigate this Parodius thing also. I put in another hour on the original Gradius today and it was really something. Really something.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I read about some of those adventures in your other posts. No wonder buying the PS2 got put on hold! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Glad to know you're having fun gaming it up too. I gave the original Gradius a whirl the other night on my Turbo Duo/PC Engine emulator. Man, was that game tough! It had been so long, I completely forgot my patterns on it. Still, it's a classic game, very much fun to play.

I can't wait 'til you get Gradius V. Hope I'm not sounding pushy in being anxious for you to get it, but I just know you're going to love it. Since I got my own (I had been borrowing my Bro's PS2 and Gradius V until yesterday), I've been making myself fight the urge to continue on the levels. I can get up to the boss on stage 3 before I buy the farm completely, but the trip there is so awesome. In just stages 1 & 2 you get to see several classic Gradius bosses come back. Stage 2 has you fight four bosses before moving on! You know that's a quality game when you get all those boss fights. [Thumbs Up]

Are there any other shooters that you like Ben, outside of the Gradius series?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Lou -

Outside of Gradius I don't know much. I do love this "Xevius" game that I dug out the other day with the Graduius and the original Salamander of course, it's also a gas. That's about the extent of my experience with this stuff - and of course I'll be adding Gradius V to this soon.

I think it's great that the legacy of all this has been somehow preserved throughout the years. I'd have never known.

Respectfully,

Ben

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think it's great that the legacy of all this has been somehow preserved throughout the years.
Me too. We're not getting the steady flow of shooters to game systems like we did about 12 years or so ago, when there was a literal glut of them on the market, but I'm thankful that we're still getting good ones that stick to 2D gameplay to this day. [Thumbs Up]

Xevious was pretty good. I remember playing that at the arcade quite a lot as a kid. I never owned it on a home system.

Did you ever play any of the R-Type series? That was around, I believe, before Gradius, the first R-Type anyway. That's a pretty dang good series too. Granted I haven't got to play all of the R-Type games, but the ones I have played have been pretty sweet. Just be careful... R-Type Final was released on the PS2, and while it's got the pretty graphics and cool music, the game just doesn't live up to the heart-pounding, palm-sweating intensity that the other ones in the series did. When you get your PS2, definitely buy Gradius V, but you may want to pass on R-Type Final.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Brother Lou -

I didn't have any experience with games until I bought my Gradius cartridge (and very little experience since).

I'm beginning to worry though, you may have created a monster here. I went out and scored the PS2 / Gradius V combo. Got home, set things up and within the first thirty seconds I was (already) FLABBERGHASTED!

The next two hours vanished in an instant and I could not get enough. I'm not accomplished at this so I didn't get far - but the desire to go farther and see the rest of it unfold is enormous! I mean, it is ENORMOUS.

I am getting tremendous enjoyment out of the rich graphics, the new slant on an old favorite, the improved sound, the PS2 itself, all of it.

Later today (Footgirl) Trinity is coming over to sit down with me and put this thing through it's paces. She's really good with this stuff and with her help I'll be able to see the advanced stages, bosses, etc. I can't wait. I'm going to record while she plays so I can watch it later.

Lou, I've taken your advice twice - first with the "Sad and Embarrassing" thing and now on this. Both times it has paid off beautifully .. I'm going to have to start paying you for counselling.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I'm beginning to worry though, you may have created a monster here. I went out and scored the PS2 / Gradius V combo. Got home, set things up and within the first thirty seconds I was (already) FLABBERGHASTED!

The next two hours vanished in an instant and I could not get enough. I'm not accomplished at this so I didn't get far - but the desire to go farther and see the rest of it unfold is enormous! I mean, it is ENORMOUS.

I am getting tremendous enjoyment out of the rich graphics, the new slant on an old favorite, the improved sound, the PS2 itself, all of it.

Excellent news! Glad to hear you took the plunge, and even more glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much!
[Cheers]

Have you got a memory card for it? If so, go into the options menu, and turn the auto-save ON. That way the game will log the time you put into it (by auto-saving it to the memory card), and start awarding you with extra credits for every hour you put into it. You start off with four credits, but put an hour in and you have five credits. Another hour and you have six, and so forth like that. The game keeps adding credits until you reach 17 hours, then it'll award you with infinite credits. And you know what that means...INFINITE CONTINUES! Then you can see every single thing this beautiful game has to offer, and blow up the Bacterions until your heart's content. [Thumbs Up] It also unlocks "edit mode", where you can go and equip your ship with classic Gradius weapons, or mix and match the ship types!

Which weapons type do you choose? My personal preference is for Type-1, because once you get the hang of arranging and freezing those Multiples, you can really whip some ass and do serious damage! I'm a real "point whore" when I play Gradius V, I will go out of my way to destroy every single target on the screen, so Type-1 is perfect for that. [Big Grin]

quote:
Later today (Footgirl) Trinity is coming over to sit down with me and put this thing through it's paces. She's really good with this stuff and with her help I'll be able to see the advanced stages, bosses, etc. I can't wait. I'm going to record while she plays so I can watch it later.
That sounds awesome! Let me know how she does please. [Smile]

quote:
Lou, I've taken your advice twice - first with the "Sad and Embarrassing" thing and now on this. Both times it has paid off beautifully .. I'm going to have to start paying you for counselling.
[Laugh] No payment necessary Bro, I'm just glad to help out a fellow foot Bro. Enjoy your nice new PS2 and one of the coolest games ever made! [Cool]
[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

Thanks for the great tips! Trinity is over here now and she's blowing this thing away! She even got through the multi bosses in stage two on her first encounter. I'm having a gas just watching all of this. Have to shut it down soon because we are having late night pizza and DVDs with the footgirls.

Learning about this Infinite Continues is GREAT I would never have figured that out. Thanks a million!

[ July 05, 2005, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Now you mentioned something about video taping the event earlier...is that video taping the game itself, or video taping Trinity playing the fire out of it? If you video taped her, that would be awesome to see a lovely barefoot girl playing such a bad-assed game. [Big Grin]

Glad you and her are enjoying the game Bro. Sounds like it was a fun night had by all. [Thumbs Up]

I'm finally able to get about half-way into stage 4 before losing all of my ships and not continuing. If I could just keep my missiles WHILE fighting that "spider" boss to take out those annoying little turrets, I'd have it made.

Let me tell you Bro, the key to excelling in this game is to concentrate on building up your multiples. Get all four of those suckers as soon as you can, and be sure to keep an eye on them when you bite the dust, not letting them slip off-screen before you reclaim them. If you try to fight the boss on stage 3 with any less than four multiples, it'll be a slaughter...your slaughter!

Have you seen stage 4 yet? You'll be taking a sweet trip down memory lane on that stage...good ol' Salamander gameplay! Gotta love it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

Thanks (again) for the excellent tips. I was video taping the game itself but now you mention it, I was an idiot for not even thinking about taping the GIRL playing the game! I could have panned & scanned from her to the big screen, etc. and even caught the (audible) reactions and comments.

Intermix these scenes with closeups of her feet, things like that. Next time I get a chance to have her here, I will do just that.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Intermix these scenes with closeups of her feet, things like that. Next time I get a chance to have her here, I will do just that.
That would be a most excellent thing to see! I sure hope you can do that sometime down the road. [Thumbs Up]

Have you had the multiples thieves attack you yet? You know, those annoying little ships that come along, only when you're really on a winning streak, and swipe at your multiples? I've had that happen about three times now, the third time being this morning before work! I had my four multiples, whoopin' ass left and right, and then I heard it...a multiples thief sneaking up on me. I was able to draw two of them in to my ship and freeze them there, but the little basturd made off with my other two, and this was right before the boss of stage 3! [Mad]

Now that you've got that nice new PS2, are there any other games you're interested in getting? If you like, I could recommend a few. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

I haven't gotten that far yet but Trinity has. To my eye it looks very tough to navigate & survive through. I'm not sure about any other games (yet) because I have no frame of reference for any of these things. So I'll be feeling my way through the dark for awhile - which is alright because time itself is so limited right now.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

tasm
Major Player
Member # 3081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasm   Email tasm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a video game store and they didn't have gradius v. How old is this game? If it's only $30 it's probably at least a year old.

--------------------
women's feet are so awesome!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by tasm:
I went to a video game store and they didn't have gradius v. How old is this game? If it's only $30 it's probably at least a year old.

I believe it came out in late 2004, but I may be mistaken. I was late getting into the PS2 so I've been catching up on the games and everything for it.

I found out something about Gradius V that really bothered me. That is, if you were to go out and pre-order the game back before it came out, you got a collector's DVD along with the game that talked about and showcased every single Gradius game made up to that point! Man, I was sick when I heard that info... Can you imagine all the footage of those sweet Gradius, Salamander, Nemesis, and Paodius games that never left Japan being on that DVD?! Jeez...when I heard that, I hit I don't know how many game stores asking if, by chance, they had any of those DVD's still sitting around. Naturally, none did, so I missed the boat all together. [Cry]

Anyways, just try another game store Brother tasm. The game is fairly common around here, so I can imagine at least one store having it where you live. If you have problems finding it, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you get it. I KNOW you're going to love this game. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

NightCrowler
Board Regular
Member # 8496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightCrowler   Email NightCrowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:

I know, buying a system for one game is usually pretty lame,

Heh i bought Xbox for Halo and Ninja gaiden >_>;
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by NightCrowler:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:

I know, buying a system for one game is usually pretty lame,

Heh i bought Xbox for Halo and Ninja gaiden >_>;
I came really close to buying an XBox back when it first came out for Panzer Dragoon Orta and Crazy Taxi 3. I got to play Outrun 2 at a store a few months back, and that got me salivating all over again for that system...but, I gotta hold off on another system for a long time...money issues and all. Maybe I'll get one when the XBox 360 comes out and the original XBox's drop considerably in price. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links