Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Someone direct me to some good guitar solos like this one please (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Someone direct me to some good guitar solos like this one please
luvntoes
Major Player
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvntoes   Email luvntoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3SjNU2nV9w

amazing alexi laiho

Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Explosivo57:
Primus is pretty fucked up but amazazing

Primus... They're like a trip in an audio track. Sorta funky. Seems like they we're all wasted during jam session and just recorded everything and then woke up in the morning and took the stuff that could work and chucked them together.... The guitaring was good but just a lil' drowned out by the lead bass. Seems you have to be wasted to really dig into them... I'll try again when I'm drunk [Smile]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
Robert Fripp of King Crimson can make his guitar sing with lots of emotion even though he is not capable of showing human emotion himself! [Big Grin]

Try this old demonstration of "Fripptronics" from '79
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnog_IKzTM

Try to keep up with these complex time signatures on your "guitar hero" kiddies...
King Crimson '84 performing "Discipline"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPg60bUJJQ

Fripptronics was O.K [Hump] . Now that King Crimson... Brain washing material???? [Tongue] .... Damn that music is mezmorizing.... like you could get lost in that sorta music. All you need is some subliminal messages and your away.... Seems if your stressed this track could just freeze or slow down time to MATIX MODE [Big Grin] . Quick fingers...

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicName
All Pro Poster
Member # 12270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad someone else likes King Crimson!
Posts: 504 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PublicName:
Glad someone else likes King Crimson!

I've got alot of their albums on CD, but its getting harder to find some as they seem to be going out of print. A friend of mine has them all and got to see them perform the last time they played in the US. I think what is the most interesting about them is that their music completely changes every few years. I guess that would've also been due to the rotating door of musicians that were in the band early on. The most recent stuff I heard from 2003 sounded like progressive metal in the vein of bands like Dream Theater which they were a big influence on.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
man tony levin on that chapman stick he is insane

Ummmmmmmm yeah [Confused] ..... [Big Grin]

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
I'm intrigued that all this music is totally new to you. Have you been exclusively listening to rap music for a while now?

Yeah... I was bought up in a house of disco and pop til I was about 6 when disco was phased out. My older bro was into rock but didn't hear much of his stuff due to older sisters hogging the family stereo. So my ears were in tune with mainstream soft rock, pop and disco...

Got into alot of mainstream 80's music from when I was 8 (NZ eg. David Bowie, Frakie Goes To Holywood, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Billy Idol just to name a few) til my early teens RAP, Hip-Hop and R&B in the 90s.

I looked at Hard Rock/Heavy Metal music as RUBBISH as the guitaring was just a noisy racket "Bala wala wala wala..... AHHHHH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!"... With a minority (around 20% of High school) were "Head-Bangers" we would refer to them as BOGANS...

Now after playing and getting into the game GUITAR HERO III.... (which I picked up Dec of last year), [Eek!] I just SAW THE LIGHT!!! [Eek!] I hear songs differently now... The guitar actually speaks and now realizing that it has a language, could even say it's rich enough to have it's own culture.... Guitar solos are pretty deep....

Eg. I was in the video store a few days ago and they were playing an old Michael Jackson music video BEAT-IT.... I really really digged the guitar solo which I really heard for the first time. I've heard BEAT-IT more than 100times but this is like the first time I acutally paid attention to the solo and DAYYYYMNNNN it was awesome... Did a bit of reasearch and found out it was Van Halen... Never heard of his stuff, only heard of his name in a few movies (Back To The Future where a track was used as a toturing tool, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure where they praised him).

So now my ears are pretty much in tune with the guitaring and now I'm pretty new to the scnene.... I'm only 2mths old [Tongue]

[ February 01, 2008, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------

Explosivo57
Elite Trooper
Member # 14342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explosivo57   Email Explosivo57   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the chapman is basically a hunk of wood with strings,
instead of struming the strings
you tap em like a piano
its very hard to learn

--------------------
Yeah! like the big toe is like the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so
big that there's like a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot.

Posts: 336 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:

Here's a guy just a stone's toss across from you in Australia. The John Butler Trio is his band and the dude plays crazy stuff on his 12 string acoustic guitar. Think of Jimi Hendrix meets The Red Hot Chili Peppers and that kind of describes his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7GCrlRk-EY

Pretty good

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
the john mayer trio had one album, its called TRY!
if you like the blues you'll dig em
also anything by clapton

I'll keep an eye out for that album.... I think there might be some clapton stuff back at the olds house in the shed on vinyl....

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
Originally posted by luvntoes:
footlong do a search on youtube for johnny winter if you dont know him he is edgar winters brother looks like an albino he is almost blind and is one of the best guitar players i have ever seen youll love his stuff please tell me what you think this guy gives me goosebumps also

I definately dig "Johnny Winter"..... Can't believe this has been around before I was born... to me, his tracks are hot off the press [Eek!] .... Thanks [Thumbs Up]

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

quote:
Originally posted by luvntoes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3SjNU2nV9w

amazing alexi laiho

[Eek!] Amazing alright [Eek!] ..... COOL!

--------------------

Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
widespread panic 1994 - 2000. any live tracks will suffice. try panicstream as well in the Vault of non wsp streams
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy_Diamond
Major Player
Member # 22956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crazy_Diamond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Tn32tLK8M&feature=related

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky"

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Panic
Hall Of Famer
Member # 21074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Panic   Email Panic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o
Posts: 1555 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links