Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Best music Decade (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best music Decade
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
quote:
As an era the 70s were pretty bland really
HUH???????1970-1979 Stones(their hey days)Zeppelin,KISS,Boston,Aerosmith Frampton,Floyd,Traffic, T REX, New York DOLLS, Genisis, Cheap Trick,Van Halen,JOURNEY!! JOPLIN, HENDRIX, SEX PISTOLS, CARS, B,52's,Clash, BLONDIE, Pretenders, RUSH, Do you want me to continue..Some of these bands started in the 60's&70;s but all of these bands flourished in the 70;s......The 70's is by far the most influential time music...IN MY MIND

If it wasnt for the 70's the 80's would only have been DISCO!!!!!!

Yep, the 70's were the best as far as music. Look at how many groups made their best music in that decade.
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizubaku
Loyal Member
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizubaku   Email mizubaku   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't trying to upset anyone with my 70s comment. So apologies if I have. I realise that I should have thought about that a little longer but I think I was trying to point out the milestones in various decades that went on to change music drastically. I wasn't trying to say that there weren't any good bands in the 70s because obviously there were. The Sex Pistols and punk were actually a reaction to all the safe and sterile music that was going on then and essentially that was the focus of my comment about that decade. Jack pointed out some important people there like Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, George Clinton and Floyd. And of course some of Bowie's best work was from that period. But I'm not retracting my comment because it is pretty much how I feel about it from my listening perspective - although I think I could have put it better and my statement was an over generalisation.. Also no one has mentioned Sparks either. They started then but I think they are doing their best work now.

The bottom line is for me there is no best decade. Music is just music. You like it or you don't, no matter how or when it was made. Great records have come out in every decade but the ones that have helped change the face of music maybe have appeared more so in some decades over others.

Posts: 86 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Loyal Member
Member # 701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who knows me,knows I'm stuck in the 80's.The British invasion was riding high,heavy metal bands were cranking power riffs and songs would stick in your head long after you heard them.Great topic,thanks gs [Cheers]
Ron

Posts: 68 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Music is just music. You like it or you don't,
>no matter how or when it was made. Great
>records have come out in every decade but the
>ones that have helped change the face of music
>maybe have appeared more so in some decades
>over others.

Now that I can agree with 100%. We may occasionally exhibit sentimental leanings (just as Ron and myself are willingly stuck in a 1980s timewarp), but those leanings stem largely from sentimental echoes rather than from a music history textbook. Music transcends time and place while simultaneously being sculpted and propelled by them.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can the 70s be bland? The 70s held some of the greatest rock n' roll artists! Some of the greatest rock music was released in the 70s.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toesonthenoes
Elite Trooper
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toesonthenoes   Author's Homepage   Email Toesonthenoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree and love music of 70s, 80s and a few songs of 90s!
One of the greatest artists from the good old 80s are:
PINK FLOYD, DIRE STRAITS, GENESIS, BON JOVI, etc,etc,etc....!
My personal hate is going to rave, tecno and stuff like this!
How do the teens in this time can stand such a loud bumbumbum without getting hurt in brain and having some damage?

--------------------
High arches and long toes are a must

Posts: 468 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toesonthenoes:
I agree and love music of 70s, 80s and a few songs of 90s!
One of the greatest artists from the good old 80s are:
PINK FLOYD, DIRE STRAITS, GENESIS, BON JOVI, etc,etc,etc....!
My personal hate is going to rave, tecno and stuff like this!
How do the teens in this time can stand such a loud bumbumbum without getting hurt in brain and having some damage?

What? I can't hear you! [Laugh] [Laugh]
Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not into techno, I just don't really care for it.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigi
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigi   Author's Homepage   Email Gigi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1960's....way before i was born, but i love that flower children music, its like i am on drugs......... and i dont do drugs, lmao.

i also like the 70's. i hated the 80's....i dont remember the 90's.

i love the latin sounds, great to shake my booty on the dance floor.

--------------------
gigi
www.hotgigigirl.com
www.clips4sale.com/?280

"Why are you staring at my feet? Is there something wrong with them?"

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigi
Feature Foot Model
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigi   Author's Homepage   Email Gigi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually my favorites are.....ta da....

Metallica

I love Metallica, James Hedfield can do me anyday.

and i would throw lars a footjob on a moments notice.

[Mmm]

--------------------
gigi
www.hotgigigirl.com
www.clips4sale.com/?280

"Why are you staring at my feet? Is there something wrong with them?"

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elzbennet:
The 80s were the best no doubt about it!
My favourite group, although previous to the 80s are Genesis! Too bad they are over!
[Kiss]

My favorite Genesis albums are all the ones they made with Peter Gabriel before he left for his solo career!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite decade for music would probably be the '70s. Loved the progressive rock of Yes, ELP, Genesis, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd. The hard rock of Sabbath, Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, Rush...

The '60s would have to be my next favorite because The Beatles are my all time number one favorite band. Other faves: Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Who, Traffic... the list goes on!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links