Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Has Lou Gone AWOL? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Has Lou Gone AWOL?
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to save you some time in looking around for some info on the game, here is a rather favorable review and some decent screenshots...
http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?platform=ps2&game=GunGrave

They gave it a 7 out of 10, which is about right IMO. It's not on the level of something like Gradius V, but then, very few games are. However, if you can snag this for about $10 like I was able to you will get your every penny's worth and then some of excitement out of it. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Lou -

Thanks for this information and the valuable link. I loved those screen shots. A friend of mine down at Real Networks says he's got the game! He's willing to part with it for a few dollars. Real Networks is in Belltown (Seattle), just a few blocks from where Summer lives - so she's going to walk down there and get it from him. With any luck, I may be screening the game at home tonight.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Del Amitri:
Hello Lou -

Thanks for this information and the valuable link. I loved those screen shots. A friend of mine down at Real Networks says he's got the game! He's willing to part with it for a few dollars. Real Networks is in Belltown (Seattle), just a few blocks from where Summer lives - so she's going to walk down there and get it from him. With any luck, I may be screening the game at home tonight.

Bro, my knee only bows to God, but if I were a person to bow to other people, you would certainly be it! Now you have foot models bringing you video games too?! Day-umm! That's a bragging right few if any of us will ever get! As worn out as the saying is, I gotta use it again because it is so appropriate: You da' man!
[Cheers]

Like I say, when you first get the game it may seem intimidating at first because so dang much happens all at once and right off the bat. Fear not, every enemy has a range to their shots. In other words, just because a guy is standing at a distance and firing a pistol at you doesn't mean you're already taking damage. Learn the ranges, and take a little bit to familiarize yourself with the controls, and you'll be whipping ass in no time!

Also, let me recommend that you don't run to the check points. Just because your goal for a stage is, say, getting to a door, take the time to kill everybody first. Once you've killed every moving target, take a stroll around and see what you can destroy around the scenes. Once you familiarize yourself with targeting things and you get that blood-lust kicked up into killing everything, your scores will sky-rocket.

One last thing for now...go to your options menu before you start playing, and set the blood to ON, just because it's cooler to see the blood spraying as you mow your enemies down. Also, set your rapid fire to ON, that way you can have Grave doing some real gun dancing as he shoots everything. Lastly, keep in mind that the select button on the controller is used to strike a pose. Get used to posing Grave as you play, because this simple act adds to your artistic bonuses for the levels.

Have fun Bro, and remember: kill kill kill! [Violent] [Thumbs Up]

Oh, you remember me mentioning that Spriggan game? There was some complications, but I will be playing it before the end of this week! I can't wait! [Woot]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Brother Lou -

Thanks for all the valualble tips - how in the world would I have known any of those things??? I'll use the information wisely.

Summer didn't make it down to Real Networks yesterday (she got stuck filling in an extra shift for somebody who called in sick where she works). She picked up the game about an hour ago and is coming over right now. I took off a few hours early so I'd be home when she arrives.

It may take awhile. She is stuck in some terrible traffic downtown. Wouldn't it be our luck for there to be a Mariners game and it's going on right now.

To add insult to injury, they are playing the Royals for crap's sake. The two worst teams in baseball and they have to play in the middle of the afternoon, and on the day that little Summer is trying to drive through it all to deliver the game that REALLY counts.

I'll let you know how it all works out and weigh in with my impressions.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Well Bro, be sure and give her an extra great foot massage for all her efforts in getting this game to you! Good luck with all of that, and please do give me your impressions of the game after you get a chance to play it. [Cool]

Like I say, it's no Gradius V, but it is one sweet game. [Thumbs Up]

Just wait 'til you see all the work Sega put into Gun Grave, and even all the work they put into the in-between stages cinema's. I think you'll come away agreeing that Brandon Grave is one gun-totting bad-ass mofo. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

You are right on all counts; it is "no Gradius" but it is NICE. It rules. Seeing these things for the first time, it all amazes me. As a novice and non-player, I'm able to see these things for the excellence that went into them - not losing sight of the extraordinary effort, design and art itself.

Then the game - I got off to a rocky start and it took me about a half-hour to begin getting the hang of things. Once I got past that initial "power curve" of familiarization, things began to unfold nicely.

Unlike Trinity, Summer is NO "gamer", not in the least. For her efforts, I promised to take her to "Stanfords" for a late lunch and she waited quietly, reading magazines as I blew everything in sight to smithereens.

All in all, this was a great day and a fine "discovery". Thank you for the guidance and counsel on this!

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

No problem at all, and I'm glad you like the game Bro! [Cool]

Yeah, for guys like us, where 2D gaming feels so much more natural and second-nature as opposed to 3D gaming, a game like Gun Grave can present quite a bit of a learning curve for us. Just be patient, keep playing, and it'll "click" for you. Trust me on that Bro. [Wink]

Another thing to keep in mind is that you don't always have to target your enemies (using the L1 button to put a sight on them). Grave will sometimes pick off enemies on his own if you've got him pointing and firing in the general vicinity. This helps out, but don't get in a habit of relying on Grave to pick off the bad guys...be ready to use that sight when necessary.

Another thing is to remember your life recovery option. Max out those beat counters and start storing up power moves (you can hold a max of 9), and don't be afraid to sacrifice a power move to recover some life (pause the game and go into the options screen to use this). It's very easy to refill your power moves since there's usually a flood of enemies to kill filling the screen, and you'll be getting that beat counter back up in no time.

Hope this helps.

Negotiations? Screw that! When you've got the arsenal that Grave does at your finger-tips, let your guns solve your problems. Talk is for sissies! [Laugh]

Sorry Bro, it's just that this game will have you thinking stuff like that once you get into it. [Thumbs Up]

Enjoy!
[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Brother Lou (Godzilla) Gojira!

I just saw your pedal pumping post in that thread over there and was elated to see a recent post of yours. Not to pry - things have probably been quite busy for you, but I sure do enjoy these forums more when you are (much) more active. Your insight, perspectives and writing style make your posts some of the most readable and interesting on the net.

So does this (current) post of yours mean you are about to go an a posting binge and light up the boards for us? Either way, have a great day (and week).

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thanks for the ultra-cool words Brother Ben.
[Cheers]

Yeah Bro, I've been busier than ever, but also, my connection is going to poop on me again. This outside line, for whatever reason, decides to flub up on me every-so-often, so my internet connection has been very hit-and-miss as of late. If I could just get the damned phone company out here to fix the line again...dang it all... [Mad]

I don't know if I mentioned the huge reason why I've been AWOL as of late, but the reason is a project I'm working on. I'm writing a story about a barefoot girl with none other than Dennis Crabapple McClain. I don't know if his name rings a bell with you personally, but in my book, this is the equivalent of a guitar player getting to jam with Hendrix himself. Dennis is the artist and writer of the Mara-Celtic Shamaness comics and illustrated prose books. This guy is the epitomy of "obsessed with barefoot girls", and his art and writing on the subject has inspired me with my own art and stories for years and years! Getting to collaborate on an all-new project with this guy has been awesome.

Thanks for checking in on me Bro. [Cool]

Oh, and one last thing...go buy Katamari Damaci for your PS2. I promise I'll stop recommending games to you after you buy this beauty of a game! [Wink]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Lou -

That project - it sounds like am ambitious and exciting undertaking. I can see where you can bury yourself and let time evaporate during a project-of-passion, as I've done so a few times myself. In fact, I'm moving in a similar direction at the moment and may end up "awol" (or gone) for long and sporadic periods as well.

I'll be the first in line to buy that book, sight unseen.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I'll be the first in line to buy that book, sight unseen.
Thanks Bro, the honor would be all mine, having you buy a book I had a hand in. [Cool]

We're over 20 chapters in this project, and it's still growing! In fact, a few new story-lines just crept up as one major one got resolved! I've been spending so much time on this, these characters aren't feeling like story characters anymore...I'm starting to talk about them like real people! Kinda' scarey... [Eek!] [Laugh]

Oh, and on a side-note, I was able to snag We (heart) Katamari yesterday, the sequal to the game I keep telling you to go buy Katamari Damaci. Great game, just like the first one, but I've been too busy writing to sit down and really play the hell out of it. Have you got to get anymore game time in on Gradius V or Gun Grave?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Hello Brother Lou -

Yes, I did score the Katmari feature and have had a little time on the console with it. As always, you are right - it is SOMETHING! Gradius V and Gun Grave are going well, I'm up to the third stage on Gradius (but have seen all of them, thanks to Trinity).

I understand you completely, as to your characters beginning to take up a life of their own; that's an interesting off-shoot of the creative processes and (I think) a good one.

You get to a point where you are referring to them as real people - or viewing them in that way; I've wondered before if this is something we do sub-concsiously as a way to work on developing those characters, or in reinforcing the characteristics they hold - and fine-tuning them.

While here, I've got another question for you:

Trinity bought one of those PSP systems and it's a big deal for her. The other day we were talking about a movie. I offered to loan her the DVD and she said "Oh, that's alright I've got it on UMD" so I can see it on my PSP player.

What the heck is a UMD??? If it's something somehow connected with games, I thought you might know.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

killa
Hall Of Famer
Member # 8564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell. i know. i own a psp. a umd is the type of disc the psp uses. you should tell her that buying movies on umd is a waste of money because you can get a big memory card, then rent the movie, and burn and conpress it yourself. that's what i do. also tell her do not- under any circumstances- upgrade past version 1.50. doing this keeps you from using homebrews, and emulators. go to www.engadget.com and search for homebrew.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Looks like Trinity already has about thirty movies for her PSP - and I hadn't even heard of these things until now. She says she's been paying anywhere from $9.98 to $19.00 depending on the title. Wow.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Thanks for fielding the question killa. [Cool]

Brother Ben, I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to hand-helds. The only thing about hand-helds I know is that I've been wanting a Nintendo DS so I can play Nintendogs, Wario Ware Touch, the Castlevania games for it...

...and of course the upcoming Gunstar Superheroes!!! [Drool]

So you've got Katamari Damacy? Awesome! I knew you'd like it! [Thumbs Up] How far have you got on it? Let me tell you, as great a game as it is...it really gets hopping when you start unlocking the Eternal modes! That's right, no time limits! Just rolling and rolling 'til your heart's content! And it is such a satisfying thing to be able to roll through an entire nation, rolling up whole cities, giant monsters, clouds, even land masses themselves! That's the cool thing about the game...there is nothing in the game that you can't eventually roll up into a katamari...mass destruction, yet done so creatively! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links