Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Duke Nukem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke Nukem
curly09
Major Player
Member # 33380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curly09   Email curly09   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been plying it non stop since i got it on the weekend,great mans game its non stop action,beer drinking,strippers and killing aliens.
Any one else been playing this one?

Posts: 220 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a game that's been in development for the past 14 years, I've heard that this game (assuming you're talking about Duke Nukem Forever) isn't all that great.

The Destructoid review was especially scathing of it:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-duke-nukem-forever-203658.phtml

[ June 14, 2011, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Rider Aldebaran ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paranoiavii
Board Regular
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paranoiavii   Email Paranoiavii   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reviews are being way too harsh. Half the reviewers are mad cause it isn't a true classic like Wolfenstein 3D, and the other half are angry cause it doesn't play exactly like Modern Warfare 3. Yes I said 3.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the originals when I was like 12...I think they're trying too hard to make it a huge hit game when tbh it was a pretty forgettable game in the first place.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curly09
Major Player
Member # 33380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curly09   Email curly09   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished it the other day, it was an ok game, the ending was a let down but over all I played it till the end and it kept me satisfied.It was good but nothing that other games havent done before and for 14 years in the makeing they could have made it alot better.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The foot monster
Board Regular
Member # 43093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The foot monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading lots of bad reviews on this game, I was going to buy it but now seems like a rental to me
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saving my money for either Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:
Saving my money for either Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3.

^this guy [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't they pretty much the same game? And isn't MW3 the same game as most of the last CoD games?

-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
Aren't they pretty much the same game? And isn't MW3 the same game as most of the last CoD games?

-

There's actually a storyline to the COD series though (Idk about the Battlefield franchise - I assume so).

And there's likeable characters that reappear and stuff...it just gels really nicely. Plus everyone loves zombies [Tongue]

It's an intelligently well done FPS which wouldn't appeal to someone who wasn't a fan of that sort of genre.

I mean, jokes from a Russian about dying enemies "Falling like the bourgeois" (of Russia) always gives me a kick [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Alcarde
Major Player
Member # 44028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alcarde   Author's Homepage   Email Alcarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember enjoying the strippers that were in duke nukem 64, almost 15 years ago. I thought that this game would be filled with girls, strippers, cursing and sexual inuendos. The demo had none of that.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/alcarde

98% of people think its cool to put a statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 2% that.. Wait, shit.

Posts: 239 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
undershoes1022
Board Regular
Member # 30080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undershoes1022   Email undershoes1022   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This game was actually fun, it wasn't bad like the reviews said it was. Sure it was nothing special but there was nothing really wrong with the game either. I say it's worth getting and now the game is really cheap to buy or has been for a while now lol.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwisoles
Loyal Member
Member # 45140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwisoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasnt all i hoped it to be, although one part made me laugh ... toilet ... monkey line ...
Game is not on my to buy list.

Actually I enjoy Tintin [Smile]

--------------------
New Zealand soles lover

Posts: 92 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links