Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Alternatives to Imagevenue? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Alternatives to Imagevenue?
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagevenue is slowly getting on my nerves. Their pop-ups, idiotic ads and 5-second-time-delays totally suck. I can`t really understand why so many people use it.
Lately I can`t even be bothered to click on photos in the forum when they are hosted by Imagevenue.

Does anybody here have any experience with good image hosters? Any recommendations?

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are absolutely right! Not only that, but the site is laden thick with popUnders, java exploits, trojans and worms (both genuine and fake positives). Here are a couple examples, which came from links hosted here in these forums:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bengwf/Image1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bengwf/Image2.jpg

Like you, I've pretty much come to a point where I just simply don't click or follow links hosted there. As an alternative, I love Photobucket. I've been using a paid account there for years, but their free (ad-supported) account is generous with space, bandwitdh and features.

Flickr is another good one, it's more a community-based or network driven site, but storage and bandwidth are generous. Both of these sites are clean and clear of the type of problems and annyances you've sited with imageavenue.

[ October 14, 2008, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im a big fan of www.photobucket.com myself. Seems like no hassles not to mention when images get posted here there is no time delay let alone complaints from me.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replies, Ben and Bluetoelover.

I actually have a paid Photobucket account since a few years and I´m a big fan. The free account is good but only lets you post images up to a size of 1024x768...the paid account is the way to go for larger photos.

But I can understand that people may not want to use Photobucket/Flickr/Webshots because they would need to register to get the account started. Even though you can easily set up an anonymous free account at those image hosting sites (no need to register with your real data) I can understand the benefits of a quick, simple webhoster that lets you upload a couple of photos (like Imagevenue) without first having to enter a password. Imagevenue would be good if it didn`t have the problem mentioned in the above posts (pop-ups, trojans, etc).

So what I meant in my original post is if anybody knows a good ad-free, popup-free, trojan-free image hoster that doesn`t require any registration beforehand???

Thanks,
-Hal-

PS. If you search Google for "free image host" or "free image host ad free" it comes up with hundreds of links. Would be nice to know which ones are good [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Del Amitri   Email Ben Del Amitri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Hal -

The problem with sites that require no registration, is that there is also no accountability - which is why you get the trojan, worms, java exploits, etc. When you require people to register, you are in effect, discouraging them from those type of activities and malfeasance.

Sites that require no registration offer "fly-by-nighters" and drive-by exploiters a safe haven to drop their payloads. And although that is never the intent of such sites, it is a certain bi-product of them.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Posts: 5772 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree imagevenue is pissing me off as well, I don't use them. Photobucket seems like a fair alternative. I used to host my own image hosting site here but turned out a virtual private server couldn't handle the beating from thousands of pictures being constantly viewed [Cry]

so i just use photobucket because they're very reliable and I don't have to worry a bout losing my content.

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been using Photobucket since I started posting photos myself. I don't post that many though- don't know if that's a factor. I've never hit the bandwidth limit.

Generally I've been extremely happy. There was one time where they deleted a few x-rated photos I had put there so they weren't on my computer because I had neglected to make the account private. Don't know if they would have done the same if it had been private.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah very good point and i have been hating imagevenue more and more over time.

at first they were cool but just became wayyyyyy too aggressive with all the different forms of highly annoying crap.

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually started this thread because lately Imagevenue has been giving similar problems as Ben mentioned above (warnings about insecure connections, etc.)

-Hal-

--------------------

longhitter04
All Pro Poster
Member # 2391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhitter04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting pop ups every minute or so as a result of using Imagevenue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of them. They are driving me crazy!

Posts: 638 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you got infected with some spyware. Better see if your virus scan software is up to date. Imagevenue has become a bitch.

As you all can see by my avatar and sig, I hit the bandwidth this month with photobucket. Should be back to normal on the 19th. The problem with photobucket is if you post direct links to pics on several different forums and you have the free membership this is bound to happen. Especially if the photo set proves to be a popular one.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
The problem with photobucket is if you post direct links to pics on several different forums and you have the free membership this is bound to happen. Especially if the photo set proves to be a popular one.
When I didn`t have my paid Photobucket account I had similar problems, but the solution was to set up another free acount with a different username...that way I could switch between both accounts.
You can basically set up as many free accounts as you like and distribute popular photo sets over the accounts.

-Hal-

--------------------

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

quote:
Originally posted by longhitter04:
I am getting pop ups every minute or so as a result of using Imagevenue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of them. They are driving me crazy!

That's one of the residual affects of sites such as imageavenue - when the exploit is planted, it's payload is usually set to go off at a future time ... or to continue indefinitely. Sometimes this is spyware in the guise of adware, sometimes it is more malicious.

Standard Antivirus scans will usually not disable these. Windows Defender will catch (and kill or disable) many of them. You can also download the free version of Adaware and clean out a lot of it that way.

There is one category of malware that almost none of these can kill, and thats Root kits. Everything else though, will probably be identified, quarantined or killed with a routine Spyware scan.

Once you've gotten your system clean, the best solution of all is to NOT click on links that go to imageavenue and just stay off the page. It's a perfect world for people who deliver malicious payloads through such sites - the attractive links are the bait to bring you there, and they don't even have to plant their own bait.

[ October 15, 2008, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Ben Del Amitri ]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

Ben Del Amitri
The King Of Feet
Member # 2724

This never ends. I just got hit by this ... didn't follow my own advice and clicked on a thumbnail / link in for Photos section of these forums.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bengwf/misc/ImageAvenueAttack17OCT.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bengwf/misc/ImageAvenueAttack17OCTb.jpg

Before screen capturing these I did get another hit (found by Kaspersky) but didn't get the capture.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ben

-
Malory in Signature

hur
Elite Trooper
Member # 24089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hur   Email hur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.imageshack.com

www.tinypic.com

--------------------
live chatroom --> https://discord.gg/mWNArcC ( edited )

Posts: 287 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links