Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Anyone notice an uptick in the popularity of slide-type sandals?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone notice an uptick in the popularity of slide-type sandals?
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These, for example: https://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is/image/UrbanOutfitters/30168843_009_b?$xlarge$&hei=900&fit=constrain

I always found them more... well, "masculine", and vastly preferred the thong-type flip-flops or just any very revealing type of sandal (like flat thong sandals), so seeing this rise in popularity--both IRL and with some celebs--is rather disappointing.

...Or maybe it's just me.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea those were super popular in the 90's and early 2000's with athletic chicks. Got a lot of good foot shows out of them!

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverstar
Elite Trooper
Member # 50226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstar   Email silverstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea. See lot of girls wearing those
Posts: 409 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexasFootParties
Board Regular
Member # 51513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasFootParties   Author's Homepage   Email TexasFootParties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about them. I tend to think the only things that should go between toes are lips or a tongue, or maybe a toe ring, and I like shoes that can be quickly and easily taken off, like loafers or Toms, but most of these slides are not that attractive either.

--------------------
Multiperv at Texas Foot Parties
Helping to make foot fun happen
www.TexasFootParties.com

Posts: 19 | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of girls are into them now because of the Fenty/Puma brand of slides that Rihanna has been promoting.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Foot Fetish Artist:
A lot of girls are into them now because of the Fenty/Puma brand of slides that Rihanna has been promoting.

It's a shame that she couldn't promote a better-looking brand of sandals. Like Havaianas, or Valentino, or Sam Edelman.

But I guess that's the power of money.

[ August 23, 2017, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Rider Aldebaran ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/jun/07/flip-flops-new-dads-jeans-sandal-summer-sports-obsessed-2016-pool-slide-shoe

Granted, this is from last year, but still.

--------------------
 -

5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those things aren't sexy at all. Luckily they haven't picked back up around me. I live around a college and the only slide type sandal that has made a huge comeback over the past couple of years are Birkenstocks.
Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/jun/07/flip-flops-new-dads-jeans-sandal-summer-sports-obsessed-2016-pool-slide-shoe

Granted, this is from last year, but still.

Strange to see on the runway. Looks tacky there. [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links