Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Locked Threads (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Locked Threads
BTL2.0
Major Player
Member # 49128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTL2.0   Email BTL2.0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are certain threads getting locked with no explanation? I mean, hey, if shit hits the fan I get it for sure but the most recent example is the Sleeping Feet thread, civil discussion going on and then BAM. Topic Closed. Any mods going to chime in?

--------------------
She's only a lightswitch away from beauty!

Posts: 103 | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We see patterns in the discussions here. Topics start heading in a negative "uncivil" direction (more so lately than ever), so the negative comments get deleted and the topic gets closed or moved before it gets out of hand.

It's easier to snuff a candle than to fight a blaze. We've been fighting too many blazes lately.

[ November 25, 2017, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Bondo ]

--------------------
We are no longer the knights who say Ni
--------------------

Posts: 5324 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You can blow out a candle
But you can't blow out a fire
Once the flames begin to catch
The wind will blow it higher"

"Biko" Peter Gabriel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncVyxQRw70

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-  -

Posts: 8255 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
All Pro Poster
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed and been wondering about this for awhile now also, as it seems once a thread that is of a topic that is actually interesting (as opposed to something that gets asked over and over like "what celebrity feet do you like the most?") for once has a good, intriguing discussion going on free of any discord, the discussion is abruptly ended and the thread locked.
Posts: 836 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KounterPunch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they are the Moderators. Don't ask questions, it was the best decision to keep the peace. Good enough for them, should be good enough for all of us as well.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KounterPunch:
Because they are the Moderators. Don't ask questions, it was the best decision to keep the peace. Good enough for them, should be good enough for all of us as well.

That’s it in a nutshell. I should probably close this thread, lol!

--------------------
--------------------

Posts: 5324 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah basically if anyone has a disagreement or differing opinion it's considered uncivilized now.
Before you know it men will have to get neutered and their hands cut off for speaking their minds.

Posts: 646 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

5thgear - you should see some of the BS we have to deal with before you judge.

[ November 26, 2017, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Bondo ]

--------------------
--------------------

Rocky @TheSoleMates
Member # 28971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky @TheSoleMates   Author's Homepage   Email Rocky @TheSoleMates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As moderators, we have a lot to deal with. We understand that everyone has their opinion, but things get out of hand way too quick and we're trying to curb that problem. I'd rather lock a thread than to have arguments start, deleting posts, and potentially have people leave or be banned.

--------------------
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.images4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.footfetishtube.com/user/TheSoleMates
https://twitter.com/TheSoleMates1

-
My avatar: Pepper ballbusting me.

Posts: 1258 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTL2.0
Major Player
Member # 49128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTL2.0   Email BTL2.0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not post a simple explanation when locking a thread?

--------------------

Posts: 103 | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

[Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
--------------------

Bondo
Member # 1403

Or people could show a little respect for each other and be polite. That’d be cool too [Cool]

--------------------
--------------------

BTL2.0
Major Player
Member # 49128

Like I said in the original post of this thread, I completely understand when a thread turns into a flame war to shut er' down, but when another thread is going in a civil manner and then BAM! Locked! It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd like to see a final post by the mod locking it down outlining why it was shut down so that way the forum can see how not to act for example.

--------------------

Bondo
Member # 1403

Good suggestion, duly noted, thank you.
[Thumbs Up]

--------------------
--------------------

longhitter04
All Pro Poster
Member # 2391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhitter04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There wasn't anything in the "sleepy feet" thread posted that was uncivil as far as I can see, unless there were deleted posts. You'd have to have extremely delicate sensibilities to be insulted by anything posted there.

It's too bad. That was a discussion that needed to be had.

Posts: 566 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links