Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Locked Threads (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Locked Threads
Bondo
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What’s done is done and can’t be undone, I apologize for the inconvenience, start a new thread if you feel the need.

--------------------
We are no longer the knights who say Ni
--------------------

Posts: 5324 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
All Pro Poster
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BTL2.0:
Like I said in the original post of this thread, I completely understand when a thread turns into a flame war to shut er' down, but when another thread is going in a civil manner and then BAM! Locked! It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd like to see a final post by the mod locking it down outlining why it was shut down so that way the forum can see how not to act for example.

quote:
Originally posted by longhitter04:
There wasn't anything in the "sleepy feet" thread posted that was uncivil as far as I can see, unless there were deleted posts. You'd have to have extremely delicate sensibilities to be insulted by anything posted there.

It's too bad. That was a discussion that needed to be had.

This is what had me bemused as well.

In the sleepy feet thread leading up to its locking, people were praising someone else's post and were all in agreement, then suddenly, the thread was locked. That was extremely perplexing. As far as I saw, I don't think there were any posts that were deleted in the days leading up to its locking and everyone was in agreement, as mentioned.

In my thread regarding that girl who got paid to indulge that guy's foot fetish while at work, people were discussing that topic in a civil manner as well, then suddenly, the thread was inaccessible.

Like Bondo said, what's done now can't be undone, but seeing all those threads get abruptly locked when everything was being discussed in a civil manner, was odd to say the least. It just makes one wonder what type of topics are considered "acceptable" topics to discuss and if people are allowed to even disagree with one another in a civil manner (although there wasn't even any disagreements in those aforementioned threads) lest someone get offended or get their feelings hurt.

It seemed like once the discussion actually started to get interesting and insightful, it was declared over via having the thread locked. There's only so many times people can discuss "favorite celebrity feet?" or "favorite toenail polish color?"

Posts: 813 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"(although there wasn't even any disagreements in those aforementioned threads)"
Comment by BareSoles84

Oh, there were disagreements; but as per Patrick's admonition for us to cool the engines I decided to not to comment. I can easily see that (sleepy feet) thread going out of control.

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-  -

Posts: 8117 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
All Pro Poster
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aka.footjoyboy:
"(although there wasn't even any disagreements in those aforementioned threads)"
Comment by BareSoles84

Oh, there were disagreements; but as per Patrick's admonition for us to cool the engines I decided to not to comment. I can easily see that (sleepy feet) thread going out of control.

Ah, ok. Those comments/posts must have been deleted then. As far as it looks right now and whenever I looked at the thread, it was always civil.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ah, ok. Those comments/posts must have been deleted then."

I'm not sure; I didn't witness anything uncivil.

"As far as it looks right now and whenever I looked at the thread, it was always civil."

Because there were 3 or 4 of you in total agreement.

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-  -

Posts: 8117 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well guys, as it turns out I CAN reopen a thread, so the Sleepy Feet thread has been reopened. We will monitor it closely. Have fun, be cool

--------------------
--------------------

Posts: 5324 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BTL2.0
Major Player
Member # 49128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTL2.0   Email BTL2.0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atta guy Bondo! Great to see you being receptive to ideas and open discussion.

--------------------
She's only a lightswitch away from beauty!

Posts: 100 | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

Dude, why do you have to stir the shit pot? Your comments are prime examples of why threads get locked and posts get deleted. Then board members get mad at the mods for cleaning up after you. Take it somewhere else, not here please.

--------------------
--------------------

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't locked any threads in a while now. The ones I have locked were full of flame wars and were obvious as to why they were locked. A lot of those were actually moved and saved inside the moderators forum to be used as evidence for banning people, if needed.

As for the whole "snowflake" and difference of opinion being the reason for a post getting locked, nice try. Most threads, especially in the foot fetish talk section have countless opinions. It's when someone feels the need to insult someone for that, or just be an outright troll (like Maxers, who I just banned), that's when you're not wanted.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 17487 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

They are referring to me with the locked threads. I locked the “Sleeping Feet” thread because, based on recent experiences, I didn’t like the direction it was headed. Then people bitched and complained about the topic being locked, so I deleted the specific asshole comments and unlocked the thread for them for further discussion, but then nobody posted any more replies.

[ December 26, 2017, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Bondo ]

--------------------
--------------------

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
They are referring to me with the locked threads. I locked the “Sleeping Feet” thread because, based on recent experiences, I didn’t like the direction it was headed. Then people bitched and complained about the topic being locked, so I deleted the specific asshole comments and unlocked the thread for them for further discussion, but then nobody posted any more replies.

It's fine. I trust your judgement and always have. If you feel like you need to lock something, delete it, or move it to the moderators section, you do just that. I've never known you to be anything but an honest, caring, and a giving person. Do what you must and how you see fit.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 17487 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rocky @TheSoleMates
Member # 28971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky @TheSoleMates   Author's Homepage   Email Rocky @TheSoleMates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely delete any posts (other than spam) but I have removed a few that were aggressive toward others.

Michael Pitt, if you want to argue over all of this, feel free to PM me instead of blowing a thread up with angry comments. But the way, unless Bill Cosby has a foot fetish, I don't feel he should be mentioned, especially here, unless it's in the miscellaneous section.

I saw nothing wrong at the time of the Sleepy Feet thread getting locked, but I did get the sense that things were going to get out of hand. I kept a close eye on it, then it got locked.

--------------------
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.images4sale.com/store/8254
http://www.footfetishtube.com/user/TheSoleMates
https://twitter.com/TheSoleMates1

-
My avatar: Pepper ballbusting me.

Posts: 1250 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footfunk305
Major Player
Member # 50227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footfunk305   Email footfunk305   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread needs to be unlocked.

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=017421

It was good and no need to make a new one about office feet.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo
Member # 1403

Done, have at it
[Thumbs Up]

[ December 27, 2017, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Bondo ]

--------------------
--------------------

AceCorr
All Pro Poster
Member # 37554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceCorr   Email AceCorr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Pitt:
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky @TheSoleMates:
I rarely delete any posts (other than spam) but I have removed a few that were aggressive toward others.

Michael Pitt, if you want to argue over all of this, feel free to PM me instead of blowing a thread up with angry comments. But the way, unless Bill Cosby has a foot fetish, I don't feel he should be mentioned, especially here, unless it's in the miscellaneous section.

I saw nothing wrong at the time of the Sleepy Feet thread getting locked, but I did get the sense that things were going to get out of hand. I kept a close eye on it, then it got locked.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/woman-claims-bill-cosby-drugged-758243

i'm not allowed to send private messages anymore, the mods took that feature away from me

What happened? How come you can't send anymore private messages? Did you break any forum rules?
Posts: 702 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links