Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Is the Golden Age of Foot fetish dead? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Is the Golden Age of Foot fetish dead?
TruthBeTold
All Pro Poster
Member # 47114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthBeTold   Author's Homepage   Email TruthBeTold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sauvage:
low lit bedroom foot selfies will get stale eventually, especially when she charges you $50 just to chat first before your first pic.

The grass usually isn't greener applies here.

This Sauvage guy really knows what the heck he is talking about. Hopefully, these overpriced greedy dynamics for low quality foot selfies are seen for what they are worth (ie. a major ripoff).

--------------------
 -
 -  -  -

Posts: 834 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HighArchesPT
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HighArchesPT   Email HighArchesPT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TruthBeTold:
quote:
low lit bedroom foot selfies will get stale eventually, especially when she charges you $50 just to chat first before your first pic.

The grass usually isn't greener applies here.

This Sauvage guy really knows what the heck he is talking about. Hopefully, these overpriced greedy dynamics for low quality foot selfies are seen for what they are worth (ie. a major ripoff).
That kind of crap is living along with quality content for quite some time now, and that's not a reason to make myself a buyer of such crap - never bought it and never will.

I also don't think that individual photographer websites will come back - unless for pure hobby or self indulging reasons. Things evolve and that's not the way to share content anymore.

I'm a daily consumer of online foot fetish content. I can't recall the last time I paid for it - probably circa the 2000's on one of the already mentioned websites. There's quality and very well organized free content out there nowadays.

--------------------
<---- my girlfriend size 6's

Posts: 1430 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stlgamer1
Major Player
Member # 50518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlgamer1   Email stlgamer1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But you need to know the specific nuances of this niche to be successful which transcends common concepts. The core knowledge of supply and demand will always be helpful but there's trends, preferences, and seasons of high and low markets only the insiders of the business know that keep them going and being successful. The ones who didn't pick up on these things have already thrown in the towel and succumbed to the dying and stale market.

That would be me, or was me, when I was in this market 15 years ago. I am not saying that I had a foot site that was in the "Golden Age" either, nor was my site the most popular or successful, as in fact: it sucked. Back in late 2003, I had a yahoo group and invited women to add their foot pictures and had some ladies from Myspace as well. (That was a while... ago.) I had made a website and I had at most 70 members, over a 3 year span. I had full models, clothed, showing off their feet and legs and showing faces. The website had over 10,000 photos, 200 videos and stories and a forum and online chat with the models and I thought that it was a cool idea. I was giving what I would have wanted in a foot site. But there were also problems... So, I had the knowledge of the niche as was part of it and in the thick of it, and even had knowledge of a new technology, as my foot site was the first that used DNN technology, and had shown that I could supply the demand. Or at least some of it. Because the new technology of DNN, there didn't exist the same "right click and save" ability for downloading photos. While the site was fast and beautiful, it wasn't user friendly. This meant that I couldn't keep paid members for more than a month. The process to download a picture set, meant that you had to download a .zip file with all of the pictures, so if you only wanted one or two, you could view them in a slideshow but then had to go out of the gallery area to download them. I even tried to copy the layout of the bhe sites, like feetheat or footfighters, and use the framed gallery links and so forth and while it worked with the layout, it didn't work because of the membership. The DNN language meant that it was easier for me to upkeep and the models could even access the ftp themselves and upload their own content, which was so easy for me. But, that new language meant that the traditional way of clicking the "join" button and then running through a pos app and buying a membership, didn't work on that language. Ccbill and even paypal didn't have an app or widget that worked on DNN yet, as it was still too new, and I had someone code one for me that worked. But Paypal was the only one that would work with my coder, which meant that I couldn't have nudity, which meant, clothed women and feet.

So, as the owner of a failed foot fetish website, that gave the audience the pictures of hot, young girls, foot worship, self toe sucking, tons of videos of them talking to the camera and working with the amateur girl-next-door type of foot model, I gave them the supply for their demand. But in a way that was feasible and downloadable, and easy to use and access, it failed and I could not supply. So, that site failed.

That was a ship that sailed long ago and my life has moved on in such a way that I will never think of owning a foot site or site that has to deal with people again.

I think, as I mentioned already, that there is a market for the old foot fetish and not sex, inclusive foot sites again. Maybe not the ones where every woman who has a camera or phone takes pictures and makes money from it. But also not the ones where every photo shoot or video is a girl and guy and ends up with he fucking her and her giving him a footjob. I think the art is still in the tease and nothing is sexier than a girl just showing off her feet.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sftfan
All Pro Poster
Member # 1959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sftfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a thread here a few months ago asking more or less the same question (something like "where did all the foot sites go"). The thread was deleted for some reason (possibly the two obnoxious retards who were engaged in an interminable argument).

Anyway, I posted in that thread, making three points:

1) Instagram has disintermediated foot sites, removing the overhead of running a site (shoots, studios etc). So instead of having subscription revenue and site costs, they have minimal costs and just go on donations/tributes.

This works because the cost of making and publishing content is tiny these days. Any co-ed can take clips of her feet (while waiting for her pumpkin spice concoction or whatever) and publish to Instagram - it's just about free of charge. When the cost of publishing is tiny, it makes sense to go on tributes/customs instead. You get less out of each follower (compared to a subscription site), but you make up for it in volume (more followers).

And if you want to publish longer videos, you have Youtube.

2) Clip stores are eating into the site model (and would have done so faster if Clips4sale didn't suck so badly; iWantClips and Manyvids are much better); this might have accelerated as the transition from pictures to video happened.

And anyway, if you wanted to spend, say, $20 on feet, would you spend it buying, say, two $10 clips from a girl whose feet you like, or would you spend it buying a $20 one-month subscription to a website where you're only interested in two or three of the girls there? So not surprisingly, clip stores have taken heaps of business from the traditional site model.

3) Fansites (eg. Onlyfans, ConnectPal, iWantFanClub etc) allow sellers to use the subscription model without the overhead of running a site (payment processing, hosting, etc). In other words, think of fansites as "auto-BHE" - you just upload the content and they run the site for you, at the expense of being able to customise the site, I guess.

Put those three things together, and it's surprising that there's any sites still up. Maybe the "golden age" of feet was actually just the "traditional website age", to eventually be eclipsed by social media, clip stores, and fan sites.

--------------------
Whew. You really like feet, don't you.

Posts: 739 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this is the thread you’re referring to: http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=017634;p=1
Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauvage
Elite Trooper
Member # 52434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sauvage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There's quality and very well organized free content out there nowadays.
And I must reiterate, when all the producers stop creating content what happens to your empire? Most of the "free" content out there started off as paid for membership content on websites before it was shared for free. When all that stops, and it will, the free market will dry up and become stale. Even all the solo models sharing content want to be paid, good luck convincing them to give you free photos! [Laugh]

--------------------
~In Admiration~

Posts: 253 | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HighArchesPT
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HighArchesPT   Email HighArchesPT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
And I must reiterate, when all the producers stop creating content what happens to your empire? Most of the "free" content out there started off as paid for membership content on websites before it was shared for free. When all that stops, and it will, the free market will dry up and become stale. Even all the solo models sharing content want to be paid, good luck convincing them to give you free photos! [Laugh]
I'm not the one who has to pay for it. Let's take Instagram as an example. When you have an account with a few tens of thousands followers you have something that is already valuable per se, you only have to monetize it. I think that this was already mentioned in the previous messages.

Just to make myself clear, I'm not talking about websites that are releasing previous paid content for free, like you are assuming I am - those are already dead.

--------------------

Posts: 1430 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauvage
Elite Trooper
Member # 52434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sauvage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HighArchesPT:
quote:
quote:
I'm not the one who has to pay for it. Let's take Instagram as an example. When you have an account with a few tens of thousands followers you have something that is already valuable per se, you only have to monetize it. I think that this was already mentioned in the previous messages.

Just to make myself clear, I'm not talking about websites that are releasing previous paid content for free, like you are assuming I am - those are already dead.

I don't agree that an instagram account with 10k followers is worth anything other than a "pat on the back" for the model. Monetizing is based solely on creating good enough content that keeps your subscribers happy and they are willing to pay you the asking price for said service whether it be photos, videos, or articles of clothing. Most women are raping men's wallets for garbage content and the thrill of interacting with a social media star. When you charge any guy who walks through the door $50 just to chat, you're not going to survive.

Regarding websites,I'm not sure I understand what releasing previously paid content for free means, unless you mean hack jobs who re-badge photos with their own watermark on them on social media, maybe? At the end of the day, the last remaining sites that are up are up because they A)Still make enough cash for it to be worth the owner's while to continue B)Said Owner isn't trying to make a living off it and is happy with "X" pay out.

--------------------
~In Admiration~

Posts: 253 | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, to seemingly know so much about how membership sites operate (nuances, trends, etc) and to essentially be fervently asserting how important they actually are in foot guys’ lives, do you run a membership site of your own, or did you at one time? Or are you merely just a huge fan of membership sites, particularly Norcalfeet?

I noticed that other than your few posts in this thread, the rest of your posts since joining have been dedicated to posting in Norcalfeet’s threads in the content section, which up until then, had been pretty lifeless. So I’m just curious if you do or did run a paid membership site, or if you’re merely just a staunch fan.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauvage
Elite Trooper
Member # 52434

quote:
Originally posted by BareSoles84:
Just out of curiosity, to seemingly know so much about how membership sites operate (nuances, trends, etc) and to essentially be fervently asserting how important they actually are in foot guys’ lives, do you run a membership site of your own, or did you at one time? Or are you merely just a huge fan of membership sites, particularly Norcalfeet?

I noticed that other than your few posts in this thread, the rest of your posts since joining have been dedicated to posting in Norcalfeet’s threads in the content section, which up until then, had been pretty lifeless. So I’m just curious if you do or did run a paid membership site, or if you’re merely just a staunch fan.

I don't claim to know anything about websites or social media. The claims made earlier were simply my opinion and I could be way off base. I would assume none of us know at the end of the day really what works and what doesn't since none of us assuming things have actually run a site. Like you say, the basic economics and common sense business practices should tell you enough. I have spoken with freelance people in the business at foot parties over the years so I understand some enough to comment.

--------------------
~In Admiration~

TruthBeTold
All Pro Poster
Member # 47114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthBeTold   Author's Homepage   Email TruthBeTold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most women are raping men's wallets for garbage content and the thrill of interacting with a social media star. When you charge any guy who walks through the door $50 just to chat, you're not going to survive.

Exactamundo! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
 -
 -  -  -

Posts: 834 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HighArchesPT
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45164

quote:
quote:
Most women are raping men's wallets for garbage content and the thrill of interacting with a social media star. When you charge any guy who walks through the door $50 just to chat, you're not going to survive.

Exactamundo! [Thumbs Up]
Apparently they are surviving or else they wouldn't be out there right? There's a niche for everything, even if it's the last thing we would pay for - I wouldn't myself.

But if those girls are making money now - literally as we speak - it seems a bit arrogant to say that they won't survive while comparing their model against the already dead private photographer website business model. Even if they are making money only of people that have the thrill of being stolen or dominated or whatever - also not judging tastes: to each its own.

--------------------

Sauvage
Elite Trooper
Member # 52434

quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactamundo! [Thumbs Up]
Apparently they are surviving or else they wouldn't be out there right? There's a niche for everything, even if it's the last thing we would pay for - I wouldn't myself.

But if those girls are making money now - literally as we speak - it seems a bit arrogant to say that they won't survive while comparing their model against the already dead private photographer website business model. Even if they are making money only of people that have the thrill of being stolen or dominated or whatever - also not judging tastes: to each its own.

They won't survive because they are greedy in that, their "rates" are astronomical for very little content compared to a pay site that may have 10 years or more of archives of many different models to choose from. I think in order to accurately say "private photographer websites" are 'dead' then every last pay site has to be closed and there are still quite a few (and they make money apparently).

--------------------
~In Admiration~

solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sftfan:
There was a thread here a few months ago asking more or less the same question (something like "where did all the foot sites go"). The thread was deleted for some reason (possibly the two obnoxious retards who were engaged in an interminable argument).

Anyway, I posted in that thread, making three points:

1) Instagram has disintermediated foot sites, removing the overhead of running a site (shoots, studios etc). So instead of having subscription revenue and site costs, they have minimal costs and just go on donations/tributes.

This works because the cost of making and publishing content is tiny these days. Any co-ed can take clips of her feet (while waiting for her pumpkin spice concoction or whatever) and publish to Instagram - it's just about free of charge. When the cost of publishing is tiny, it makes sense to go on tributes/customs instead. You get less out of each follower (compared to a subscription site), but you make up for it in volume (more followers).

And if you want to publish longer videos, you have Youtube.

2) Clip stores are eating into the site model (and would have done so faster if Clips4sale didn't suck so badly; iWantClips and Manyvids are much better); this might have accelerated as the transition from pictures to video happened.

And anyway, if you wanted to spend, say, $20 on feet, would you spend it buying, say, two $10 clips from a girl whose feet you like, or would you spend it buying a $20 one-month subscription to a website where you're only interested in two or three of the girls there? So not surprisingly, clip stores have taken heaps of business from the traditional site model.

3) Fansites (eg. Onlyfans, ConnectPal, iWantFanClub etc) allow sellers to use the subscription model without the overhead of running a site (payment processing, hosting, etc). In other words, think of fansites as "auto-BHE" - you just upload the content and they run the site for you, at the expense of being able to customise the site, I guess.

Put those three things together, and it's surprising that there's any sites still up. Maybe the "golden age" of feet was actually just the "traditional website age", to eventually be eclipsed by social media, clip stores, and fan sites.

With #3, it can really pinch a pretty penny when it comes to OnlyFans. There are a good number of my favorite foot models that are on there and right now, I just can't afford to go there and follow $20 or more (what with paying rent and other necessities).
Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HighArchesPT
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45164

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactamundo! [Thumbs Up]

They won't survive because they are greedy in that, their "rates" are astronomical for very little content compared to a pay site that may have 10 years or more of archives of many different models to choose from. I think in order to accurately say "private photographer websites" are 'dead' then every last pay site has to be closed and there are still quite a few (and they make money apparently).
Of course they do not. What they earn is beer money (if something at all), which makes me think that the main reason for some to keep doing it is for indulging their own fetish or as a hobby - both seem to be very valid reasons, hopefully based on the very well thought decision of putting that much effort into it because, you know, you only live once.

Making money is what the guy from wikifeet is doing, which allowed him to quit his job and make a living of it.

Also making money is what some Instagram girls do with their few thousands monthly income - what you called a pat on the back - and making a living of it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links