Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Would you be willing to modify your overall view if doing so meant holding the truth?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you be willing to modify your overall view if doing so meant holding the truth?
Wooden Leviathan
Major Player
Member # 51499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wooden Leviathan   Email Wooden Leviathan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as the title says: "Would you be willing to modify your overall view if doing so meant holding the truth?"

I am a seeker of truth. I even went the Cartesian route, albeit inadvertently. That is, I cleared my mind of all of previous preconceived ideas of what is true/untrue for a time by assuming a reality of nothing, a concept I arrived at by way of accepting skepticism, though stopping barely short of nihilism. Nihilism, I thought, would contradict my overall philosophy. I remain correct about such a mode of contradiction. At the end of the day, all I wanted was a philosophy without dogma, a logical philosophy of humanity and justice. Nevertheless, I arrived at the idea that skepticism about the reality of the real, relativism about morality, and therefore constructionist ideas about norms, all turn authoritarian thereby forming not a sophisticated and un-mitigateable paradox, but rather an abstract object doomed to reductio ad absurdum!

Consequently, I found that I must concede some of my overall philosophy if the truth of the matter, not dogma, was precisely what I was after. Only then could I make a contribution to the achievement of my self-professed aims. Accordingly, I had to admit to being wrong about a couple things. Seeing as I'm merely human and mortal, I didn't hold much contempt for this notion, sans lost time (or was it?).

To the point of this discussion: Would you be willing to sacrifice some of your belief system for the truth?

--------------------
xX_LeViAtHaN_Xx

Posts: 150 | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolerJerry420
Major Player
Member # 47778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SolerJerry420   Email SolerJerry420   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth is naturally destructive. Belief systems provide comfort but can also become a prison. Why hold on? Fear. To be open to question is to embrace the destruction of an old paradigm which is difficult for the ego to do. When you start to care and seek truth stepping outside of yourself you can gain wisdom through understanding others perspectives. It is difficult to think in a multidimensional fashion when we have been conditioned to not use critical analysis and believe whatever the authority figure tells us is right. Intellect paired with intuition is how I define intelligence. If you have vast intellectual knowledge but can't hold a healthy relationship than that knowledge is not helpful in forming a harmonious relationship. Knowledge is useless without application and to me you can't go wrong unless the thinking and feelings that dictate action lead to self destruction or violence against others. Truth is nuance and takes the cultivation of self awareness to see the impulse that wants to project our own bias and then see outside of that arising of thought that was probably programmed into us without conscious awareness. I think its more important to be kind and realize that any human model is just a map or interpretation not the one and only way. The map is not the terrain the menu is not the meal, use what is useful reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.
Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toby Wood
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant understand the point in the threads title question.
Seems to be written by somebody that overall tend to lie.
I am just Frank hi. Who are you?
Not meant to be attacking now, maybe i misunderstood the question even. Could very well be that, said the stupid honest person.

Truth and changing my views upon it all is necessary i think for development and progress. I am no stubborn mofo who are afraid, protective of my own self esteem.
Heck, i would gladly let a woman trample all over me so that´s not the case.
Sorry for being little me.

"If you are not afraid to be weak, you´re strong. If you think of others rather then yourself, you´re bigger than yourself".
People who lie are often small egotistical, selfish pricks who sees no further then the short little winnings they can make out of them.
I pitty the petty.

[ November 05, 2018, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Toby Wood ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toby Wood
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wooden Leviathan:

To the point of this discussion: Would you be willing to sacrifice some of your belief system for the truth?

Ok, better.
Truth and nothing but the truth. Fuck lies. I hate em´.

Edit: and dont give me that "The Matrix" scenario. "Would you take the red or the blue pill?".
I was answering in general.
Not with some scifi story in mind.
But if in that case. I would take the pill that kept me in a state, web of lies, in a world that is bareable to live in rather then a world wich i never would make such an impact on so i could change it, but just suffer in the true world.

Actually very similar to this f*cking world.
Gimme that lie pill somebody! Red one right?

[ November 05, 2018, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Toby Wood ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links