Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What did I miss???? :D Has anyone experienced or even own a 3D TV yet???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did I miss???? :D Has anyone experienced or even own a 3D TV yet???
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I don't think anyone would remember me as I've been in-active for about 6-or-so months. Just been in the transtition of moving to another country and the transition is over finally. I'm definately still a KIWI but just skipped-the-ditch (per-se) to Melbourne Australia [Tongue] (BUT I AIN'T OZZY) [Tongue] .....

.....So I guess I would have to re-introduce myself, I'm 'FootlongSub Zero' from NZ and would like to say "HI" to all members [Big Grin]

If anyone remembers me ( [Fingers Crossed] ), have I missed anything?

----

Anyhoo, Has anyone experienced or own a 3D TV?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could we forget such a friendly kiwi. Welcome back.

I've only seen the 3D TVs in the store and I'm pretty sure its a fad that will never catch on and soon go away. Wearing the glasses is annoying and uncomfortable enough in a movie theater for 90 minutes so I can't really see anyone wanting to do that at home everyday. Other drawbacks are that you get only 2 pairs of glasses meaning if you have friends come over to watch you have to purchase extras for the tune of over $100 a pair. I'm thinking 3D TV could possibly be the next Betamax.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A relative owns a few bars, one of them has around 5 3DTVs on the walls. They're actually really amazing. Only problem is you have to be facing them head on for the best effect. If you live alone or with a partner they're great (reason to snuggle up [Tongue] ), definitely not recommended for anything more than that!

There will also be virtually no support for them too. Games on these things will be mindblowing though! Thats the only medium I can see making the most of 3D within the next decade.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the re-welcome L.D. [Thumbs Up]

I'm just excited to see it so I'm goin' (on my next day off) to a store which will hopefully have em' on demo/display. I also got a txt from a friend today that playboy has gone 3D also but haven't done any research on the web to back that up yet. (Wouldn't wanna see Hugh-Hef in Hi-Def-3D anyway [Tongue] ) ...

You sayin' fad as in Betamax just brought up a picture in my head of 3D-flipdowns...lol, remeber back in the 80s where people who wore glasses had those clip-on flipdown sunnies [Big Grin]

I'll give my take on it once I've checked it out [Eek!]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey!! Of course we remember you silly! Nice to have you back. Congrats on making the jump to Oz. Anyone made you say fish and chips yet? [Tongue]

As for 3D tv... the only reason I'm excited about it is because normal LCD's will drop in price and I'll be able to afford one haha.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3DTV aint going anywhere, Motorola and Pace boxes are already able to tune 3DTV and cable companies are already working on 3DTV feeds, and they're almost there.

It's the first generation of this home technology. The glasses suck and it's still insanely expensive, but that will change.

So yeah, unfortunately, I disagree with you and so do most cable providers. In fact, I'll put $100 on in.

13 years in the telecommunications industry and I just stopped working for Canada's largest cable provider. Shaw, or as you Americans know them, Comcast. Rebrand baby!

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recognize your avatar so I suppose a welcome back is in order. Don't plan on getting a 3D TV, seems rather gimmicky and a bit of a headache to watch. (Not that I watch television... :S) I am hoping they improve the technology of our LED/Plasma screens and just work on improving definition.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering where the hell you were!

As for 3DTV's I saw a little clip done on them(ABC or CBS perhaps??) and it showed the possible side effects from watching them. Then they went to a Best Buy type of store and interviewed like 10 people or so watching them and all except one said they noticed blurred vision after watching and the beginnings of a head ache :S

Plus, I don't want to have to wear glasses just to watch tv.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links